The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Exciting game 3!

:yes:

Reminded me of game 5 of the 96' Series. Yanks over Braves 1-0. The difference was the use of the pitchers. Andy Pettitte pitched 8 and a third and batted 4 times, even once in the 8th inning with runners on. John Smoltz went 8 in the loss.

Compare that to last night when they pull a guy throwing a no-hitter after 5. I know analytics have a place in the game, but not to the point where they absolutely control it. Nothing should ever overrule a good manager's gut instinct.

One thing's for sure..no matter how many games we see that end up like last night's, the Blake Snell narrative will continue to be pushed.

Exciting game 3!

:yes:

Reminded me of game 5 of the 96' Series. Yanks over Braves 1-0. The difference was the use of the pitchers. Andy Pettitte pitched 8 and a third and batted 4 times, even once in the 8th inning with runners on. John Smoltz went 8 in the loss.

Compare that to last night when they pull a guy throwing a no-hitter after 5. I know analytics have a place in the game, but not to the point where they absolutely control it. Nothing should ever overrule a good manager's gut instinct.

Those analytics have creeped into the guts of many managers. Those instincts are definitely not the same as they were 30-40 years ago.

Was mid-text with my dad about Subdivisions and he beat me to it with "Hey the Braves organist is playing Rush!"

The Braves organist, for the uninitiated, is famous and infamous with that organ.

Edited by The Analog Cub
  • Like 3

Was mid-text with my dad about Subdivisions and he beat me to it with "Hey the Braves organist is playing Rush!"

The Braves organist, for the uninitiated, is famous and infamous with that organ.

So, the Ron Jeremy of MLB keyboardists?
  • Like 3

So, the Ron Jeremy of MLB keyboardists?

If this guy were a keyboardist from what I've heard and seen in Short Cuts.

majsot1.gif

Started watching in the 5th inning, and I've heard the organist play two Rush songs so far -- Subdivisions and Fly By Night.

And all kinds of great stuff other than RUSH. Anthem needs to send him a case of the new brew.

• Like 1

Solid win, and another home game tomorrow to try and wrap it up!

You think Fox and MLB will allow that?

If it means sending those cheating c**ts the Asstros to the golf course as losers? Fukk both Fox and the MLB!

• Like 1

Solid win, and another home game tomorrow to try and wrap it up!

You think Fox and MLB will allow that?

If it means sending those cheating c**ts the Asstros to the golf course as losers? Fukk both Fox and the MLB!

The world is filled with people who make these types of pronouncements with supreme confidence, yet with a chance at life changing wealth based on this insight, shrink from the opportunity to achieve it.

Strange...