The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Devil's Advocate Question Of The Day:

Since the Houston Astros are not cheating this year, shouldn't they be praised for being in the World Series? :16ton:

Yes. And their manager and many of their players had nothing to do with the cheating also; although the ownership should be ashamed to win another one. But yes they are a good ball team, and they deserve credit for being good.

How do we know they're not cheating? ;)

I do like Dusty Baker. He's a class act and I would like to think he wouldn't stand for his team cheating, but I wouldn't put it past a few of those core players (Altuve, Correa, et al) who are still there and were part of the scandal to find a way to cheat quietly.

F**k the Astros. I will be rooting for the Braves, even though they should have changed their name and outlawed that chop DECADES ago.

I do think that the issue of forgiveness (or lack of it) in Baseball is fascinating. From the Astros to Pete Rose to the Steroid Boys all the way back to the Black Sox, the outrage over "dirty players" seems to be eternal.

Eternally inconsistent.

Devil's Advocate Question Of The Day:

Since the Houston Astros are not cheating this year, shouldn't they be praised for being in the World Series? :16ton:

Yes. And their manager and many of their players had nothing to do with the cheating also; although the ownership should be ashamed to win another one. But yes they are a good ball team, and they deserve credit for being good.

How do we know they're not cheating? ;)

I do like Dusty Baker. He's a class act and I would like to think he wouldn't stand for his team cheating, but I wouldn't put it past a few of those core players (Altuve, Correa, et al) who are still there and were part of the scandal to find a way to cheat quietly.

F**k the Astros. I will be rooting for the Braves, even though they should have changed their name and outlawed that chop DECADES ago.

I do think that the issue of forgiveness (or lack of it) in Baseball is fascinating. From the Astros to Pete Rose to the Steroid Boys all the way back to the Black Sox, the outrage over "dirty players" seems to be eternal.

Eternally inconsistent.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. And sports talk radio callers.

Rooting for the Braves. Freeman and Peterson are more likeable than anyone on the Astros.

It will be much easier to root for them when they're playing in Houston though.

Albies steals second, ensuring people will spend WAAAY too long in line for a free mediocre taco.

More importantly, he comes around to score on a Riley hit to make it 2-0.

Braves picked the right time to play over their heads. The great play continues.

In almost all cases, I root for the National League, with the St. Louis Cardinals being the exception, and since it's been a little bit since they've won a World Series, I'm rooting for the Braves. Also, fvck the Astros.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

Morton throws 18 pitches with a broken leg and apologizes to his teammates.

Nice to see the Braves snap an 8 game WS losing streak to the Yanks. ������

Like virtually every World Series accomplishment by the American League franchise from New York, that's so last century. Or millennium, for that matter.

As a Cubs fan you should be careful about using the word century to describe an accomplishment...

Morton throws 18 pitches with a broken leg and apologizes to his teammates.

Nice to see the Braves snap an 8 game WS losing streak to the Yanks. ������

Like virtually every World Series accomplishment by the American League franchise from New York, that's so last century. Or millennium, for that matter.

As a Cubs fan you should be careful about using the word century to describe an accomplishment...

Maybe to most people, but Yankee fans should understand any Cub fan who would still take pride in and continually bring up the 116 win record (in only 152 games!)

.752 is our 27...

Houston sucks when they aren't stealing signs.

Boston radio is pissing and moaning this exact minute because the Houston pitcher last night was untouchable in 8 innings in Boston, and sucked last night. They're convinced he's using something in his ponytail.

• Like 1

Houston sucks when they aren't stealing signs.

Boston radio is pissing and moaning this exact minute because the Houston pitcher last night was untouchable in 8 innings in Boston, and sucked last night. They're convinced he's using something in his ponytail.

It wasn't that the stitches on the balls Valdez was throwing last night were too flat, it's that the stitches on the balls he used in Fenway were too raised.

Source: American Enterprise Institute

• Like 1

Horrible check swing call against Rosario to lead off the game for Atlanta.

As bad in terms of a miss as the call that ended SF-LA.

Exciting game 3!

:yes:

Reminded me of game 5 of the 96' Series. Yanks over Braves 1-0. The difference was the use of the pitchers. Andy Pettitte pitched 8 and a third and batted 4 times, even once in the 8th inning with runners on. John Smoltz went 8 in the loss.

Compare that to last night when they pull a guy throwing a no-hitter after 5. I know analytics have a place in the game, but not to the point where they absolutely control it. Nothing should ever overrule a good manager's gut instinct.

Edited by edhunter