Name your Top 5 LEAST favourite popular bands in the hard rock, prog, metal, rock n roll, punk genres

treeduck

1. Ratt

2. Crötley Mü

3. Def Leppard

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Black Sabbath

And yet you listen to Rush's synth era on purpose? Have another one buddy.

fun and sophisticated...fun and sophisticated.

Who’s more fun than Sabbath? Who’s more sophisticated than the Crue?

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Sex Pistols. That's a band that exists...

Holy hell they are overrated. The usual suspects of classic old school punk like Clash and Ramones are good. Screw the Sex Pistols and that opportunist poser Johnny Rotten.

Whatever you think of the band, the reality is that their album is a monster, and it drove the punk explosion. Nirvana's Nevermind did the same a generation later.
  • Like 3

Sex Pistols.....Good Gawd, all hype and attitude and zero talent. Please give me The Ramones or The Clash for punk with actual musical talent.

Motley Crue.......cliche' city. Hair band trying to be disguised as metal.

Motorhead..........simply for the one time I saw them live opening for Ozzy and Randy on the Blizzard tour. An utterly shit wall of noise.

Journey............I liked one song (Wheel In The Sky)

Ted Nugent..........no matter your political beliefs, anyone that calls children who survived a mass shooting and as a result want stricter gun control "souless" is exactly that himself.

Def Lepperd............first album was OK. After that, zzzzzzzzz

Or sleeps with and likes little children for that matter. There are plenty of political musicians like Megadeth, Pantera, Smashing Pumpkins, Ramones, Beach Boys et al who have members I disagree with that I still listen to but disgusting scum like him and the Trapt douche, who sucks anyways, is where I draw the line. Hell, there are some who I agree with who are such humorless jerks. *looks at Roger Waters*

The later hardcore U.S. bands blow Sex Pistols out of the water as well like Dead Kennedys, Black Flag and Bad Brains.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Springsteen

KISS

Richard Marx

Coldplay

Maroon 5

Pretty much every pop artist post 1995

You don't like KISS???

Nope. Too cartoonish.

At least they didn't record a song written by Michael F'ing Bolton that was their biggest post makeup hit.

And even that wasn't Mikey's worst effort at wailing ear bleach. That belongs to his remake of Reach Out/I'll Be There (4 Tops). Make ya run for the hills type of vocals.

It's bad enough the Grammy winning no talent ass clown murdered When A Man Loves A Woman and To Love Somebody.

• Like 1

Creed

Nirvana

KISS

Winger

Nugent

This was actually difficult. There's so many that suck.

I swear you said you loved KISS many times on this forum! This thread is full of ex-KISS fan traitors! Out damn spot! :madra:

I will send $20 to anyone that can find my statement of praise for Kiss on this forum. Never happened, never will.

Sex Pistols.....Good Gawd, all hype and attitude and zero talent. Please give me The Ramones or The Clash for punk with actual musical talent.

Motorhead..........simply for the one time I saw them live opening for Ozzy and Randy on the Blizzard tour. An utterly shit wall of noise.

Ted Nugent..........no matter your political beliefs, anyone that calls children who survived a mass shooting and as a result want stricter gun control "souless" is exactly that himself.

Or sleeps with and likes little children for that matter. There are plenty of political musicians like Megadeth, Pantera, Ramones, Beach Boys et al who have members I disagree with that I still listen to but disgusting scum like him and the Trapt douche, who sucks anyways, is where I draw the line. Hell, there are some who I agree with who are such humorless jerks. *looks at Roger Waters*

The later hardcore U.S. bands blow Sex Pistols out of the water as well like Dead Kennedys, Black Flag and Bad Brains.

Ted's first few albums are pretty awesome.

• Like 4

Creed

Nirvana

KISS

Winger

Nugent

This was actually difficult. There's so many that suck.

I swear you said you loved KISS many times on this forum! This thread is full of ex-KISS fan traitors! Out damn spot! :madra:

I will send $20 to anyone that can find my statement of praise for Kiss on this forum. Never happened, never will.

:madra:

Dream Theater

Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree

Peter Gabriel-era Genesis

Motorhead

I'm sure there's a fifth one that will come to me.

Porcupine Tree popular?

This is the only place I've ever heard of them.

• Like 1

Dream Theater

Motorhead

Porcupine Tree popular?

Sad but true. Same with dream theater.

Dream Theater

Motorhead

Porcupine Tree popular?

Here they’re right behind the Beatles in terms of popularity.

Dream Theater

Motorhead

Porcupine Tree popular?

If you put any of their albums against, say, Nevermind in a poll here, DT would win by miles.

Dream Theater

Motorhead

Porcupine Tree popular?

If you put any of their albums against, say, Nevermind in a poll here, DT would win by miles.

Maybe. I do not like nirvana but stopped really liking dt after awake. Hard to say how the forum would vote.

Us rush freaks are more likely to appreciate DT and PT than most imo but I think nirvana is on another level in terms of popularity

Edited by tangy

Or sleeps with and likes little children for that matter. There are plenty of political musicians like Megadeth, Pantera, Ramones, Beach Boys et al who have members I disagree with that I still listen to but disgusting scum like him and the Trapt douche, who sucks anyways, is where I draw the line. Hell, there are some who I agree with who are such humorless jerks. *looks at Roger Waters*

They are and I sadly gave him my hard earned coin to go to his concerts a couple of times in the early days and bought his albums. I removed all Nugent "product" from my household after his exclamation about child victims being "souless".

Look you want to support the NRA and be very conservative politically that's your right cuz this is the USA. You start making horsehit fukked up statements like that about victimized children and you're nothing but the "souless" one.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Dream Theater

Motorhead

Porcupine Tree popular?

Maybe. I do not like nirvana but stopped really liking dt after awake. Hard to say how the forum would vote.

Us rush freaks are more likely to appreciate DT and PT than most imo but I think nirvana is on another level in terms of popularity

In general Nirvana is way, way more popular. But for some reason here there's a lot of people that hate Nirvana.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1

They are and I sadly gave him my hard earned coin to go to his concerts a couple of times in the early days and bought his albums. I removed all Nugent "product" from my household after his exclamation about child victims being "souless".

Look you want to support the NRA and be very conservative politically that's your right cuz this is the USA. You start making horsehit fukked up statements like that about victimized children and you're nothing but the "souless" one.

I try and separate my feelings about a person's politics from their music. Hey Baby sounds the same regardless of who Ted votes for.

I try and separate my feelings about a person's politics from their music. Hey Baby sounds the same regardless of who Ted votes for.

I appreciate that you can do that. I simply cannot when children are involved. I worked with abused kids' for a number of years and it had a GIGANTIC effect on me. I am hyper-sensitive to anything negative towards kids.

• Like 2