Hold Your Fire vs Grace Under Pressure

treeduck

Hold Your Fire vs Grace Under Pressure  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you prefer, Hold Your Fire or Grace Under Pressure?

• Hold Your Fire
    • Grace Under Pressure

Distant Early Warning > Force Ten

Afterimage < Time Stand Still

Red Sector A > Open Secrets

The Enemy Within > Second Nature

The Body Electric < Prime Mover

Kid Gloves > Lock And Key

Red Lenses < Mission

Between The Wheels > Turn The Page > High Water > Tai Shan

GUP

Edited by _hi_water._

Between The Wheels > Turn The Page > High Water > Tai Shan

GUP

See, this is the flaw with this method. 75% of the time youre going to be facing off albums with different lengths

• Like 1

GUP has more guitars, a heavier vibe, less "easy listening" keyboards, less Celine Dion music (I'm talking to you, Second Nature). GUP over HYF all day long and twice on Sunday.

There's too many bad choruses on GUP, like your chorus 73, "One, Zero, Zero, One, Zero, Zero, One SOS". If I'd have been Geddy I'd have told Neil to stuff that line. The Enemy Within was always a bad one for me too. And then there's Red Lenses...

GUP has more guitars, a heavier vibe, less "easy listening" keyboards, less Celine Dion music (I'm talking to you, Second Nature). GUP over HYF all day long and twice on Sunday.

There's too many bad choruses on GUP, like your chorus 73, "One, Zero, Zero, One, Zero, Zero, One SOS". If I'd have been Geddy I'd have told Neil to stuff that line. The Enemy Within was always a bad one for me too. And then there's Red Lenses...

I guess someone doesn't like binary code (aka the admin's username.. feel bad for em)

I guess someone doesn't like binary code (aka the admin's username.. feel bad for em)

You think it's a good idea for a chorus lyric? It sounds stupid.

whatever you say about the chorus (I guess), the rest of the lyrics are solid. IMO it's one of Neil's best narratives.

whatever you say about the chorus (I guess), the rest of the lyrics are solid. IMO it's one of Neil's best narratives.

Nah I don't like the malfunctioning robot story.

• Like 1

I have always disliked that chorus to Body Electric. I love Spirits in the Material World, er , I mean The Enemy Within, and Red Lenses.

• Like 1

I have always disliked that chorus to Body Electric. I love Spirits in the Material World, er , I mean The Enemy Within, and Red Lenses.

When I got that album I thought: this isn't the RUSH I got into.

• Like 1

I'll assess and process with the following system:

10pts each

The Enemy Within

Kid Gloves

Prime Mover

9pts each

The Body Electric

Force Ten

Time Stand Still

8pts each

Red Sector A

Distant Early Warning

Afterimage

7pts each

Lock and Key

Turn the Page

High Water

6pts each

Between the Wheels

5pts each

Mission

Open Secrets

4pts each

Second Nature

Tai Shan

3pts each

Red Lenses

HYF- 67 pts./10 songs = 6.7

GUP- 62 pts/8 songs= 7.75

Grace Under Pressure ekes out the win despite a disappointing performance by Red Lenses and the superior effort by Prime Mover in defense of HYF.

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 1

10pts each

The Enemy Within

Kid Gloves

Prime Mover

9pts each

The Body Electric

Force Ten

Time Stand Still

8pts each

Red Sector A

Distant Early Warning

Afterimage

7pts each

Lock and Key

Turn the Page

High Water

6pts each

Between the Wheels

5pts each

Mission

Open Secrets

4pts each

Second Nature

Tai Shan

3pts each

Red Lenses

Grace Under Pressure ekes out the win despite a disappointing performance by Red Lenses and the superior effort by Prime Mover in defense of HYF.

16Pp.gif

• Like 1

10pts each

The Enemy Within

Kid Gloves

Prime Mover

9pts each

The Body Electric

Force Ten

Time Stand Still

8pts each

Red Sector A

Distant Early Warning

Afterimage

7pts each

Lock and Key

Turn the Page

High Water

6pts each

Between the Wheels

5pts each

Mission

Open Secrets

4pts each

Second Nature

Tai Shan

3pts each

Red Lenses

I don’t agree with your scores but it’s the best system to use to pit any album vs any other.

10pts each

The Enemy Within

Kid Gloves

Prime Mover

9pts each

The Body Electric

Force Ten

Time Stand Still

8pts each

Red Sector A

Distant Early Warning

Afterimage

7pts each

Lock and Key

Turn the Page

High Water

6pts each

Between the Wheels

5pts each

Mission

Open Secrets

4pts each

Second Nature

Tai Shan

3pts each

Red Lenses

I don’t agree with your scores but it’s the best system to use to pit any album vs any other.

I can't imagine any two of us having the same scores, that's a tribute to the band I think.

10pts each

The Enemy Within

Kid Gloves

Prime Mover

9pts each

The Body Electric

Force Ten

Time Stand Still

8pts each

Red Sector A

Distant Early Warning

Afterimage

7pts each

Lock and Key

Turn the Page

High Water

6pts each

Between the Wheels

5pts each

Mission

Open Secrets

4pts each

Second Nature

Tai Shan

3pts each

Red Lenses

I can't imagine any two of us having the same scores, that's a tribute to the band I think.

Nah. As awesome as Rush is, not having the same score is a result of different ears / personalities while listening to the same piece of music.