• The Who
    • The Beatles
    • Rolling Stones
    • Pink Floyd
    • Jethro Tull
    • Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
    • King Crimson
    • Other (please explain)

Wasn't The Police started in England even though those two sons of the CIA man began it?

In any event, I can't possibly choose. It's like asking which child you love the most.

It's like how Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers are a "Florida" band even though they formed in L.A. and are heavily influenced by the Laurel Canyon sound. Lot of bands in big cities like L.A. have members from other areas like Jim Morrison from Florida and Henley and Frey from Texas and Detroit.

Axl Rose from Indiana!

Duff from Seattle. Went to the same high school as long time friend from Pearl Jam, Mike McCready, who is originally from Florida.

Edited by invisible airwave

Impossible Choice.

My "top tier" favorite bands (non-English in parentheses):

(Rush)

Led Zeppelin

Yes

King Crimson

Pink Floyd

Porcupine Tree

and English bands in "tier 2" not far behind:

The Who

Jethro Tull

Peter Gabriel

Genesis

The Beatles

I went with King Crimson (**though a strong argument could be made that for more than half of their time they were Anglo-American)

WHERE THE HELL IS UFO???

Have they ever been seen as a premier band outside of their fanbase?

WHERE THE HELL IS UFO???

Nope.

Their biggest claim to fame is that Iron Maiden has played their song Doctor Doctor over the PA before the start of every show Maiden has done for like 30 years now.

WHERE THE HELL IS UFO???

Nope.

Their biggest claim to fame is that Iron Maiden has played their song Doctor Doctor over the PA before the start of every show Maiden has done for like 30 years now.

Strangers in the Night often gets mentioned as one of the greatest live albums of all time, even beyond their fan base. But they are closer to a cult band than big stars no question.

WHERE THE HELL IS UFO???

Nope.

Strangers in the Night often gets mentioned as one of the greatest live albums of all time, even beyond their fan base. But they are closer to a cult band than big stars no question.

Come on you guys. The first 5 UFO Chrysalis albums are masterpieces. I was born in California and I fell in love with UFO when I was a 12 year old kid.

I know UFO never made it HUGE but they are a World "Phenomena." Get it? LOL!

Moog

Schenker

Raymond

Parker

Way

THEY RULE!!!

• Like 1

WHERE THE HELL IS UFO???

Nope.

Come on you guys. The first 5 UFO Chrysalis albums are masterpieces. I was born in California and I fell in love with UFO when I was a 12 year old kid.

Moog

Schenker

Raymond

Parker

Way

THEY RULE!!!

You're preaching to the converted Earl. I love Schenker-era UFO. But you have to admit they never blew up here.

• Like 1

WHERE THE HELL IS UFO???

Nope.

Moog

Schenker

Raymond

Parker

Way

THEY RULE!!!

You're preaching to the converted Earl. I love Schenker-era UFO. But you have to admit they never blew up here.

Hahaha!! Hi Rick!!! AWESEOME!!!! The Schenker-era UFO RULES!!!!!!!!! RICK!!! Even "Walk On Water" kicks ASS!!!

I feel sorry for amazing hard rock bands that never reach the top!!

Y&T is another band that comes to mind.

There are many buddy.

BLACK N BLUE was awesome too!!!

• Like 1

The Beatles. Followed closely by Sabbath and The Stones.

I don't think I've ever given the Stones a real chance you know. Where is a good place to begin?

I would say either Let it Bleed, for some good old fashioned blues rock, or Some Girls, which is a little bit of a glam rock album. If you like those two, I recommend you check out Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street and Tattoo You. They have other good ones, but that’s the teeth of their discography IMO.

Play Gimme Shelter first.

IMO, the Stones’ finest creation in the studio.

I voted Tull. Hey, one other person agrees with me. :huh:

I don't think I've ever given the Stones a real chance you know. Where is a good place to begin?

I would say either Let it Bleed, for some good old fashioned blues rock, or Some Girls, which is a little bit of a glam rock album. If you like those two, I recommend you check out Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street and Tattoo You. They have other good ones, but that’s the teeth of their discography IMO.

"Thick As A Brick!"

• Like 1

That was my first gut choice, but thinking about the bands' full catalogs I had to go with Zep.
  • Like 1

I just discovered these guys. They're pretty cool. Been around since 1989.