By-Tor and the Snow Dog vs The Necromancer?

Texas King

By-Tor and the Snow Dog vs The Necromancer?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. By-Tor and the Snow Dog vs The Necromancer?

• By-Tor and the Snow Dog
    • The Necromancer

Oh this is a good one, I'm really not sure here. Necromancer always drags a little to me whereas By-Tor always seems a bit rushed (no pun intended) at the start. I'll give them both a fresh listen and see what I think.

Alright, after fresh listens to both, I think I prefer By-Tor on its own. To me the Necromancer doesn't work as well outside of CoS, as it really sets up Fountain perfectly. But both are excellent. Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Bytor. Necromancer drags a bit. Geddy's heavily distorted bass in instrumental section of Bytor is gold.

Geddy: "I put my Fender bass through a fuzztone -I can't remember what kind-and then into the board. It was distorted all to ****, so we added phasing, and ultimately put in everything but the kitchen sink. I had all that sound going through a volume pedal, so every time the monster was supposed to growl, I would lean on the volume pedal."

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Neither. My prog ears got cooked a long time ago.

(It happens when you play guitar. You can burnout on something you used to love.)

These days? I really only listen to 2112, Moving Pictures, Signals, Presto, half of Roll the Bones, and Counterparts. Plus a few scattered songs from the synth era.

Maybe that'll change.

My prog ears got cooked a long time ago.

I really only listen to 2112...

Is 2112 not Prog?

Well yeah, but the second side isn't so much. And I only listen to Overture and Temples of Syrinx anymore.

But now it's mostly 1981-1993 for me.

• Like 1

My prog ears got cooked a long time ago.

I really only listen to 2112...

Is 2112 not Prog?

Perhaps but not in the traditional sense. 2112 is a group of very tight, dramatic sections that form the arc of an epic story. I'd almost call it rock opera over prog.

Bytor and Snowie.

Necro gets a point taken away because of the narration. I'd like to hear a new recording of the narration over the rest of the song.

Maybe God himself, Morgan Freeman.

Or Darth V, James Earl Jones.

Or Homer, Dan Castellaneta: "Only their thirst for Duff Beer gives them hunger for vienna sausages. Hmmmmm. Sausages."

Edited by Geddyleegenes
  • Like 1