Fight the Good Barracuda (aka Treeduck's Grudge Match)

JohnnyBlaze

Grudge Match: Heart vs Triumph   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which awesome classic do you prefer?

• Heart's Barracuda
    • Triumph's Fight The Good Fight
  2. 2. Overall, which band do you prefer?

The duck had this to say when Heart's Magic Man was taking down Triumph's Magic Power:

How the hell is Heart beating a Triumph classic?

...in this thread:

http://www.therushfo...art-vs-triumph/

So he wants a revenge/grudge match between these two rockin' bands in their prime.

http://youtu.be/q0Ei-tZTDr0

What do you say?

Ann's vocals?

Rik's guitar?

Nancy's hotness? :P

:blaze:

• Like 2

Still gotta go with Heart, although that Triumph song is a really good one. Emmett's vocals are kind of annoying to me.

Barracuda...a rocking ass song that rips off the William Tell Overture. Brilliant!

Edited by HemiBeers

Still gotta go with Heart, although that Triumph song is a really good one. Emmett's vocals are kind of annoying to me.

Barracuda...a rocking ass song that rips off the William Tell Overture. Brilliant!

Doesn't "Barracuda" also sample LZ's "Moby Dick," or am I thinking of a different song?

Very very tough poll.... I went with Triumph.

I've been in bands over the past 30 years that have played Barracuda. Great song, alot of fun to play, but I've just overdone it. Fight the Good Fight is great and still fresh for me. Between bands, tough choice. IMO, but hit some real high points and both had some lows and inconsistency. Went with Triumph.

Doesn't "Barracuda" also sample LZ's "Moby Dick," or am I thinking of a different song?

Achilles Last Stand.

• Like 1

Achilles Last Stand.

http://youtu.be/1t4KLOm7pO0

Yes, that's the one. Makes a lot more sense, frankly.

The drum part especially.

Achilles was released in 1976 and Barracuda in 1977.

Loved Barracuda but the galloping part always reminded me of another song.

Loved Ann's vocals that really moved away from the chord structures. The first phrase for example.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

I know and love more Heart than Triumph, but Fight The Good Fight is the clear victor for me.
  • Like 1

Both are great, the bands and the songs, but Triumph got my votes.

Triumph barely in the lead in the band question. Song wise, FTGF is in good shape here

There's still Earl to come in yet, he could stir up some shit! :hail:

Triumph barely in the lead in the band question. Song wise, FTGF is in good shape here

You want a third match between these two groups? It could be done. To be honest, I thought Triumph was going to win both matches with something like 60-65% of votes in both categories

You want a third match between these two groups? It could be done. To be honest, I thought Triumph was going to win both matches with something like 60-65% of votes in both categories

Where's the first one?

Where's the first one?

Magic Power vs Magic Man

Guys! I love you all very much! I can't keep up with all of these amazing polls!!!

You must realize that I am constantly talking or texting my new girl. She's amazing.

I am trying to learn compromise and maturity. LOL!!!!

This girl is amazing.

I mean Johnny, Pat, Entre, everyone who knows me. I was on the RUSH FORUM and the Y&T FORUM at night all the time back in 2006 and on and on and on.

I am the fool. I should have been watching a movie with my wife at the time and paying more attention to her!!

But I loved the energy of this forum. Talking rock and roll and partying with my friends on here.

UGH!

I don't want to grow up but man, I have learned from my mistakes. If I get a second chance at love again I'm going for it. Even finding her during a Pandemic is EPIC.

LOVE YOU GUYS! RUSH GIRLS TOO!!!

Where's the first one?

Magic Power vs Magic Man

Oh yeah :doh: