The 2020 NFL thread...14 teams in the playoffs? A 17 game regular season? wtf???

laughedatbytime

If it wasn't for the way Pittsburgh played against Cleveland, then in one of the A.F.C. Divisional games, it would've likely been Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. It would've, and could've gone either way. Pittsburgh, hasn't ever had, and been a useless N.F.L. team. Before the Kansas City, and Cleveland Divisional game started, I hoped that Kansas City would beat Cleveland.

in their first 38 years in the NFL, the Steelers played exactly zero playoff games.

• Like 2

If it wasn't for the way Pittsburgh played against Cleveland, then in one of the A.F.C. Divisional games, it would've likely been Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. It would've, and could've gone either way. Pittsburgh, hasn't ever had, and been a useless N.F.L. team. Before the Kansas City, and Cleveland Divisional game started, I hoped that Kansas City would beat Cleveland.

in their first 38 years in the NFL, the Steelers played exactly zero playoff games.

My buddy the Bills fan didn’t want to face KC.

And now another one, Brees is playing like he's retired already.

Vonsidering the injuries he had, I am amazed he's out there, really. Beating a good team three times in a row is a tall order.

And now another one, Brees is playing like he's retired already.

Vonsidering the injuries he had, I am amazed he's out there, really. Beating a good team three times in a row is a tall order.

It looked like he couldn't throw down field at all, those rib fractures can't be 100% healed in a few weeks.

Opening lines for next week

KC -2.5

GB -3.5

I'm assuming the KC line assumes a healthy Mahomes.

A lot of talk about the touchback rule for fumbling through the end zone. Considering how low the bar is for scoring via breaking the plane, why shouldn't the penalty be loss of possession for failing to control the ball while attempting to do so?

A lot of talk about the touchback rule for fumbling through the end zone. Considering how low the bar is for scoring via breaking the plane, why shouldn't the penalty be loss of possession for failing to control the ball while attempting to do so?

Offense: Defending team takes possession at their own 5 yard line.

Defense: Defending team scores 2 points for a safety, receives free kick from opponents 35 yard line.

I think I'm definitely in the minority but I don't have a problem with the rule.

• Like 1

I think I'm definitely in the minority but I don't have a problem with the rule.

The rule is fine. It deters any intentional fumbling forward, and it penalizes the offense for not protecting the ball.

I'm in total agreement about the plane of the goal line. A great many touchdowns have been scored specifically because the ball carrier broke that infinitely-thin plane for a split-second.

• Like 2

in the first 58 years of my life, the Lions have won exactly 1 playoff game.

I highly doubt I'll ever see more than 1 win.

Edited by HemiBeers

in the first 58 years of my life, the Lions have won exactly 1 playoff game.

I highly doubt I'll ever see more than 1 win.

Well, at least it was against the Cowboys. Though with the officiating in that 2014 game, I'd give you credit for two.

• Like 1

Pass interference? What pass interference?

5b12d25b3586c8c0942ad3d1b322bfc7-original.jpg

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

reminds me of one of my many travel baseball games with my son. The umpires were not very good.

One game...first pitch...tha thump (ball hitting dirt before glove)...strike! Aww come on man that was in the dirt!

Second pitch...tha thump...strike! Come on man, Stevie Wonder could hear that was low from over here!

He didn't like that and I hate to bite my lip the rest of the game.

I actually umpired for 3 years so I could take it as well as dish it out.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

the ref crew from that game....

ray, stevie, come on man you could even smell the interference!

Syracuse-92.jpg

Along with Super Bowl XL, that playoff game was one of the two worst officiated games in NFL history. It wasn't just one bad call, it was a series of them.

• Like 2

the ref crew from that game....

ray, stevie, come on man you could even smell the interference!

Syracuse-92.jpg

Along with Super Bowl XL, that playoff game was one of the two worst officiated games in NFL history. It wasn't just one bad call, it was a series of them.

I've been told numerous times to just "get over" Super Bowl XL*. I will never get over it, ever. I accept it cuz if I didn't I'd be like the "stop the steal" morons. But that doesn't mean I can just get over it like nothing happened. It was a travesty.

• Like 1