I feel any coming arguing about "which album is better" regarding the last two is kinda redundant. 

For a band who released one classic after another for ages, can we all just agree...two albums of this majesty one after the other is cause for celebration 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I feel any coming arguing about "which album is better" regarding the last two is kinda redundant. 

For a band who released one classic after another for ages, can we all just agree...two albums of this majesty one after the other is cause for celebration 

I also don't get how anyone could compare them on day 1. Let the album settle before you call it the greatest thing since ___

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I also don't get how anyone could compare them on day 1. Let the album settle before you call it the greatest thing since ___

I felt that about Firepower. I was like "some people rate this super high very quickly" 

It's too early to know for sure which of these two is best. However, I can't see this album aging poorly. I think both will be seen as career highs amongst all the other classics.

It's what you call a one two punch of greatness!

This is a solid metal album. I've played it 3 times in a row today and it is very strong. I'm seeing them live next week and I hope they promote this album strongly. They should do, it's something to be proud of.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I felt that about Firepower. I was like "some people rate this super high very quickly" 

a-hem..........screw you:laugh:

Mick

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

a-hem..........screw you:laugh:

Mick

Lmao not you, you weren't a casual fan going in *though it was coming off a bit like you're hype for The Astonishing*

However, I am loving both these two new albums. It is a but surreal to think this is where they are fifty years into their career.

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Lmao not you, you weren't a casual fan going in *though it was coming off a bit like you're hype for The Astonishing*

However, I am loving both these two new albums. It is a but surreal to think this is where they are fifty years into their career.

you know at this point i feel like even if your a casual fan and you've heard like 4 albums.  you should just rank whatever your heart feels at that moment.  if it's yourr fav say it.

you could always  change later after some plays.  that's what i've been doing.

i said firepower was top 5 like a week or two in.  that's generous it was top in less than that, lol  and if i was gonna switch it then i was gonna switch it.  but it's how i felt in the moment.  and it just so happens it held true 4 years on. yes you need to time for things to settle but if it's your fav right off say it.  if it sucks right off say it.

yes the astonishing was my number 2.  cause that's the way i felt.  but it changed.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

you know at this point i feel like even if your a casual fan and you've heard like 4 albums.  you should just rank whatever your heart feels at that moment.  if it's yourr fav say it.

i said firepower was top 5 like a week or two in.  that's generous it was top in less than that, lol  and if i was gonna switch it then i was gonna switch it.  but it's how i felt in the moment.  and it just so happens it held true 4 years on. yes you need to time for things to settle but if it's your fav right off say it.  if it sucks right off say it.

yes the astonishing was my number 2.  cause that's the way i felt.  but it changed.

Mick

Absolutely agree. I struggle to rate anything out of 10 these days. Why? An album could be utterly perfect...but I sneakily prefer a clearly lesser affair. 

Example: I prefer Point Of Entry to Painkiller, but Painkiller is better.

My most played Rush album is Roll The Bones. Its not their best

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I absolutely loved S/A when it was released.

now?

Ehhhh

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chemistry1973 said:

I absolutely loved S/A when it was released.

now?

Ehhhh

This is kinda what I'm getting at lol

• Like 1

Anyone notice the "jazz-funk" chorus to Serpent and the King? Like 70's Lalo Schifrin it's got some kind of exotic chord working in there, DIRTY HARRY AND THE KINNNNNGGGG, DIRTY HARRY AND THE KING-ING!" Or maybe it's a Starsky and Hutch groove, like a tribute to David Soul??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

This is kinda what I'm getting at lol

How would you react if you suddenly discovered that a Jugulator was a real animal and you also realised that not only was it out there in the world, but that it knew about you and was eager for revenge because you hate the Jugulator album??

You know I don't think I've seen a single post about this record that has anything other than admiration for it. Has any new album been so universally loved on here before?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

You know I don't think I've seen a single post about this record that has anything other than admiration for it. Has any new album been so universally loved on here before?

as a result of all the praise i'm taking my time getting to it.  i mean i know it's great but i'm just gonna not play it yet.......stupid of me but i HATE hype, lol

listen i know it's dumb as fukk but i work how i work.  and also i'm kinda waiting till i forget the singles.....heard them too much and i want to play the full record.

ALSO ALSO i'm too engrossed in Zappa land that anything uh....normal i might scoff at right now.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, treeduck said:

How would you react if you suddenly discovered that a Jugulator was a real animal and you also realised that not only was it out there in the world, but that it knew about you and was eager for revenge because you hate the Jugulator album??

I don't hate it at all, or Demolition. Every Time I ever play either, I think they are okay. Nothing to get overly excited about, but I do think Cathedral Spires is one of the best Priest songs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't hate it at all, or Demolition. Every Time I ever play either, I think they are okay. Nothing to get overly excited about, but I do think Cathedral Spires is one of the best Priest songs.

To me the best songs on Jugulator are Cathedral Spires and Jugulator but they didn't play either of them live which makes no sense.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:19 PM, Turbine Freight said:

This is a solid metal album. I've played it 3 times in a row today and it is very strong. I'm seeing them live next week and I hope they promote this album strongly. They should do, it's something to be proud of.

Any idea who is opening for them?  They are playing my home town in May and I very much want to see them but wondering who will be opening.  No, I don't have tickets yet.  Last time Queensryche (who I had never seen) opened for them.  Hoping its another group I have never seen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Certainly no Rush record has been so universally loved on here.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Any idea who is opening for them?  They are playing my home town in May and I very much want to see them but wondering who will be opening.  No, I don't have tickets yet.  Last time Queensryche (who I had never seen) opened for them.  Hoping its another group I have never seen.

It's Saxon and Uriah Heep in the UK.

judas-priest-saxon-uriah-heep-tour.jpg?q

• Like 2

Pete "Who the f**k is Pete Pardo?" Pardo sounds like he thinks he and the Hudson Valley Squares could do a better Priest album than Priest in this review!

19 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Pete "Who the f**k is Pete Pardo?" Pardo sounds like he thinks he and the Hudson Valley Squares could do a better Priest album than Priest in this review!

I find his taste in music amazing. I find his opinions mostly annoying, and he speaks the most basic facts like it's the cleverest thing ever spoken aloud.

I might play this, just to cringe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I find his taste in music amazing. I find his opinions mostly annoying, and he speaks the most basic facts like it's the cleverest thing ever spoken aloud.

I might play this, just to cringe.

his reviews are sooooo informative too

"this song.  like it a lot"

"next track.....don't like it. not good.  not good."

thanks Pete-y

Lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Haha 1