On 12/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

Steven Wilson is the only artist who releases bonus tracks that are exciting. Mostly because he sucks at curating what songs belong on his albums

Yep.

Futile, Drown With Me, the entire Nil Recurring EP which could've been with FOABP.

All of those are great but we're stuck with Halo, Creator Has a Mastertape, etc. on the actual albums.

On 12/20/2023 at 11:13 AM, J2112YYZ said:

I just think the whole bonus track thing has overstayed it's welcome by many years. When every album has bonus tracks what is special about having them?

Probably, but if they're not listed and maybe you have to search for them, makes it a bit more interesting. Like Nevermind had that unlisted track way after the album proper was over, or The X-Files soundtrack where you had to hit pause on your cd player and then search backwards to discover the "secret" track. But yeah bonus tracks on every edition of a new album kinda pointless

yikes - should have re-read my post before submitting - edited for terrible goofs

Edited by taurus

21 minutes ago, taurus said:

Probably, but if they're not listed and maybe you have to search for them, makes it a bit more interesting. Like Nevermind had that unlisted track that unlisted track way after the album proper was over, or The X-Files soundtrack where you had to hit pause on your cd player and then search backwards to discover the "secret" track. But yeah bonus tracks on a every edition of a new album kinda pointless

One thing that I agree with here is when an album is released with a bonus track, on the only edition of an album released...and it's always...there...forever...

On 12/21/2023 at 5:54 PM, Union 5-3992 said:

Steven Wilson is the only artist who releases bonus tracks that are exciting. Mostly because he sucks at curating what songs belong on his albums

Actually, The Stones' Exile on Main Street, Some Girls and Tattoo You Deluxe Editions all had a number of great songs that didn't make it to those albums.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Actually, The Stones' Exile on Main Street, Some Girls and Tattoo You Deluxe Editions all had a number of great songs that didn't make it to those albums.

Agreed. The stuff the Stones shitcanned other bands would cut their right arms off for.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

Absolutely. Might be the last chance before they pack up. Plus you get Uriah Heep & Saxon(with Brian Tatler) into the bargain.

Tatler yeah, I think he plays on the new album out in a few days. Are you interested in that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

I was waiting for you to share this!

I really love the intro to this song. This is also my favourite song so far. It has great atmosphere, the song feels like a really rocked up Point Of Entry track to me, as its got a great "let's turn it up whilst driving" feel that that album has.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I was waiting for you to share this!

I really love the intro to this song. This is also my favourite song so far. It has great atmosphere, the song feels like a really rocked up Point Of Entry track to me, as its got a great "let's turn it up whilst driving" feel that that album has.

Yeah it's a bit like a Desert Plains, Heading Out to the Highway, Worth Fighting For, Never the Heroes type of song. The guitar solo is great too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treeduck said:

Yeah it's a bit like a Desert Plains, Heading Out to the Highway, Worth Fighting For, Never the Heroes type of song. The guitar solo is great too.

My only gripe is the vocal effects. I just don't think they need them.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

My only gripe is the vocal effects. I just don't think they need them.

I've just ordered a new album featuring Bumblefoot and Derek Sherinian!

whom-gods-destroy_insanium_cd.jpg

1. In the Name Of War (6:38) 
2. Over Again (5:01)  

3. The Decision (7:08)  
4. Crawl (6:36)  
5. Find My Way Back (5:46) 

6. Crucifier (4:43)  
7. Keeper of the Gate (4:54) 

8. Hypernova 158 (3:24) 

9. Insanium (8:37) 

Whom Gods Destroy is a Sons Of Apollo related outfit featuring Dino Jelusick (Vocals), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (Guitars), Derek Sherinian (Keyboards), Yas Nomura (Bass) and Bruno Valverde (Drums). 

13 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I've just ordered a new album featuring Bumblefoot and Derek Sherinian!

whom-gods-destroy_insanium_cd.jpg

1. In the Name Of War (6:38) 
2. Over Again (5:01)  

3. The Decision (7:08)  
4. Crawl (6:36)  
5. Find My Way Back (5:46) 

6. Crucifier (4:43)  
7. Keeper of the Gate (4:54) 

8. Hypernova 158 (3:24) 

9. Insanium (8:37) 

Whom Gods Destroy is a Sons Of Apollo related outfit featuring Dino Jelusick (Vocals), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (Guitars), Derek Sherinian (Keyboards), Yas Nomura (Bass) and Bruno Valverde (Drums). 

Oh what would you compare them too?

I played the new Saxon today. Nothing special, enjoyed it start to finish. As per usual.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh what would you compare them too?

I played the new Saxon today. Nothing special, enjoyed it start to finish. As per usual.

I've not received my Saxon copy yet, amazon determined to punish me for taking the free delivery option! :laugh:

Well it's like Sons of Apollo, here's the opening track:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I've not received my Saxon copy yet, amazon determined to punish me for taking the free delivery option! :laugh:

Well it's like Sons of Apollo, here's the opening track:

If SoA sound like this, maybe I should revisit them!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

If SoA sound like this, maybe I should revisit them!!!

Yeah the difference is Jeff Scott Soto isn't involved with this project so they brought in the latest hotshot Dino Jelusick and Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan aren't in there either. The main creative forces from SoA (Sherinian and Thal) are there though so the music sounds in the same vein. 

16 hours ago, treeduck said:

Now THIS is an arena anthem!  I love it. 

• Like 3