Daylight Time or Standard?

Lorraine

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather all year round?

• Standard Time
    • Daylight Savings

I'd rather standard. I dislike it in the summer when the sun comes up at 4:30 AM and it is still light out at 9:00 PM

Plus, the time change twice a year really messes a lot of folkses systems up. You know? :wacko:

Which one would you prefer the USA keeps all year?

:popcorn:

Edited by Lorraine

I prefer the sun going down sooner. So, whatever one that is. I don't need to be at an outdoor summer concert and have the headliner come on while it's still daylight. Once the summer hits the sun doesn't go down until after 9pm around here. That's way too late. Plus, more daylight is not really fair to the vampires out there, is it? They're being discriminated against with this.
  • Like 1

I prefer Savings so we get more sunlight during the day.

I'd prefer to stay on DST. I like the late sunsets.

YES! I’m willing to fight people in the streets over this.

• Like 2

I prefer the sun going down sooner. So, whatever one that is. I don't need to be at an outdoor summer concert and have the headliner come on while it's still daylight. Once the summer hits the sun doesn't go down until after 9pm around here. That's way too late. Plus, more daylight is not really fair to the vampires out there, is it? They're being discriminated against with this.

It's the one I chose - standard. The one we just had and is now gone.

I don’t care which one it is as long as we stick to one or the other and stop with this infernal twice-yearly schedule disruption that serves no truly useful purpose and disorientates me for at least a week.
  • Like 2

I don’t care which one it is as long as we stick to one or the other and stop with this infernal twice-yearly schedule disruption that serves no truly useful purpose and disorientates me for at least a week.

Me too. The older I get, the worse it is. :hi:

• Like 1

It’s one fracking hour! You people never go to bed an hour earlier or later through out the year?

If I have to hear one more John Montone interview segment about the “disruption” on 1010 WINS I’ll scream.

• Like 1

It’s one fracking hour! You people never go to bed an hour earlier or later through out the year?

If I have to hear one more John Montone interview segment about the “disruption” on 1010 WINS I’ll scream.

That's right. Shout! Get it all out!!

Instead of turning ahead or turning back an hour, just change the time by a half hour and leave it alone.

:|

Oh please, that guy...

• Like 1

Exactly why I think it's stupid to change. Businesses all have seasonal hours anyway.

Exactly why I think it's stupid to change. Businesses all have seasonal hours anyway.

Oh please, now this guy?

Something has triggered John Rogers.

:unsure:

I am not, hear me? I AM NOT going to let all y’all steal my Daylight Savings Time Joy.

I say good day to you, sir. I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR*.

*and by “sir” I mean all you all.

• Like 2

I prefer to have more light at the end of the day so DST for me. But my wife doesn't like it dark in the morning (she's one of those people who need coffee before almost anything and doesn't generally wake up quickly) so she'd prefer Standard Time.
  • Like 2

I prefer to have more light at the end of the day so DST for me. But my wife doesn't like it dark in the morning (she's one of those people who need coffee before almost anything and doesn't generally wake up quickly) so she'd prefer Standard Time.

Well, you need to get your wife with the program. Get her on the DST train. Have her make you a sandwich in the mean time.

• Like 2

That's right. Shout! Get it all out!!

It’s a simple one hour CHANGE.