What Did Rush Do at Concerts that Made You Happy?

Ultimate Rush Tribute

Signals Tour 1983 Edinburgh Ingliston Cowshed (as we called it), Geddy trying to get the crowd to move back ( no seating then), then looking bemused as a chorus of "f**k off, you big-nosed bastard" was raised...hilarious.

Lots of artists have extremely predictable set lists. Rush always pulled out something unexpected.

That was probably my favorite thing about them live. You could tell they put effort into making each tours setlist as different as possible. There are many bands where you can predict the set without a problem. No one was ever able to say exactly what Rush would do outside of the handful of songs that got played every tour.

• Like 1

Lots of artists have extremely predictable set lists. Rush always pulled out something unexpected.

That was probably my favorite thing about them live. You could tell they put effort into making each tours setlist as different as possible. There are many bands where you can predict the set without a problem. No one was ever able to say exactly what Rush would do outside of the handful of songs that got played every tour.

I'm seeing Ozzy next week. I bet I could guess 80-90% of the set list. Sabbath, both the Ozzy and Dio versions, were notorious for that as well. The Stones and Rush are two bands with big catalogs that also notably play surprises, or at least they have every time I've seen them.

Neil's kufi's and tour kit. Rotating stage back in the day,

He had a mohawk in the 90's maybe that's why he started wearing the kufi.

That mohawk was just for the very last gig of the Bones or Counterparts Tour. Can’t remember. And it was just a surprise joke for everyone when he made the big reveal (as he covered his head during the gigs) when the show ended. I wouldn’t say “he had a mohawk in the 90s” as it implies that he kept it as a regular hairstyle for some time. Anyway...

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

At the beginning of the intermission at 1 of the shows, Geddy said something about going to get some "brain surgery" which just cracked me up because he never said stuff like that.

Lol yeah. He only said that at each and every gig on the tour.

• Like 1

Have them.

:(

I know you're what, 19 now? Did you get to see any?

Just turned 20 a couple weeks back. My dad and I saw R40 in Chicago and that was my first concert ever.

It was great, but yes I will only ever have that one.

• Like 2

Have them.

Just turned 20 a couple weeks back. My dad and I saw R40 in Chicago and that was my first concert ever.

One is better than none! :)

• Like 2

Have them.

Rush was (were) my first concert ever as well, back in '81.

But as poignant as that is, like JB said^^^ "One is better than none" and what a one it was, especially for your first.

• Like 1