It's that time of year

Fordgalaxy

Don't forget to set your clocks forward 23 hours before you go to bed (not applicable in Arizona or Hawai'i).

But then we’re a day into the future

Who knew time travel could be that easy?

We should just stick with DST year round.

Omg, finally someone with sanity! All I hear is “polling shows people want to end day light saving time”. I don’t think most understand the question. When I ask people if they like the extra daylight after work they all say yes.

• Like 2

Omg, finally someone with sanity! All I hear is “polling shows people want to end day light saving time”. I don’t think most understand the question. When I ask people if they like the extra daylight after work they all say yes.

I live in the northern US so during winter we get about 9 hours of sunlight. I get up at 5, yeah, and I get to work about 7. Then I leave work about 4 and get home about 5. I'd rather go to work in the dark and have it become light 2 hrs later and leave with some light left than have the workday coincide with the only time all day it's light (even then there's an hour when I'm working and it's dark.) And yes, I could go to work later and get home later and spend more time on the bus because the traffic is worse, and that would involve losing an extra half hour or more of free time and I still would have no time when it's light when I'm not at work in the dead of winter.

I think people don't like the time change and can't conceive there's a second option. This of course is a world where 97% of voters in 2016 thought either Trump or Clinton should be President.

• Like 1

Wait, for you mean Daylight Savings Time, or Daylight Standard Time?

Are you some evil genius? Or just Evil?

Standard time is usually geographically labeled...EST, CST, MST, PST.

I live in the northern US so during winter we get about 9 hours of sunlight. I get up at 5, yeah, and I get to work about 7. Then I leave work about 4 and get home about 5. I'd rather go to work in the dark and have it become light 2 hrs later and leave with some light left than have the workday coincide with the only time all day it's light (even then there's an hour when I'm working and it's dark.) And yes, I could go to work later and get home later and spend more time on the bus because the traffic is worse, and that would involve losing an extra half hour or more of free time and I still would have no time when it's light when I'm not at work in the dead of winter.

I think people don't like the time change and can't conceive there's a second option. This of course is a world where 97% of voters in 2016 thought either Trump or Clinton should be President.

Depends on how far north you live and how far west you live. :) :codger: In , I think, 1974, there was year round daylight savings time due to the energy crisis. Lots of fun being in Pittsburgh, eating, waiting for the school bus in complete darkness and not having it get light until close to 10 AM. In January and February it doesn't really give you much light on the other end. On the other hand, when we lived in Indiana, they never went on daylight savings (upset the cows) but we were really far west in the eastern time zone. It got light early and stayed light until 10 pm at night in summer even without DST. I dunno.

As I get older my bod feels it more, though! And our cat is kind of stupid and can't decide when it wants to eat when the time changes. When does an animal turn down food? :LOL:

Depends on how far north you live and how far west you live. :) :codger: In , I think, 1974, there was year round daylight savings time due to the energy crisis. Lots of fun being in Pittsburgh, eating, waiting for the school bus in complete darkness and not having it get light until close to 10 AM. In January and February it doesn't really give you much light on the other end. On the other hand, when we lived in Indiana, they never went on daylight savings (upset the cows) but we were really far west in the eastern time zone. It got light early and stayed light until 10 pm at night in summer even without DST. I dunno.

As I get older my bod feels it more, though! And our cat is kind of stupid and can't decide when it wants to eat when the time changes. When does an animal turn down food? :LOL:

This animal never turns down food :blaze:

• Like 1

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: See? You are very intelligent!

• Like 1

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: See? You are very intelligent!

http://fieldlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bigstock-Portrait-Of-A-Pig-In-Glasses-61658021.png

• Like 1