Buckethead Diagnosed with life threatening heart illness

Nate2112

I can't fuckking believe this. I actually put on some Buckethead tonight! Before even knowing about his condition! Some of you will say it's pure coincidence. I say NO WAY! I'm connected to music through the universe!

I am seeing Buckethead in Berkeley on November 15th! I am so excited. I can only hope and wish and think good thoughts for him! Killing me! I wonder what Pat thinks??? JESUS!

GET WELL BUCKETHEAD!

One of the greatest guitar players on the planet!

I have never seen him live!

Praying for November 15th!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

I can't fuckking believe this. I actually put on some Buckethead tonight! Before even knowing about his condition! Some of you will say it's pure coincidence. I say NO WAY! I'm connected to music through the universe!

I am seeing Buckethead in Berkeley on November 15th! I am so excited. I can only hope and wish and think good thoughts for him! Killing me! I wonder what Pat thinks??? JESUS!

GET WELL BUCKETHEAD!

You might want to read the article if you haven't already because the contents are different than the title heading.

• Like 1

I think he'll be ok, he said he could be gone tomorrow but then he said any of us could be gone tomorrow.

That is absolutely correct.

Any human can be snuffed out at any second of time.

Cool.

I have my ticket to see him on November 15th. Can't wait.

• Like 1

GET WELL BUCKETHEAD!

You might want to read the article if you haven't already because the contents are different than the title heading.

Thanks JB!

Yes! I understand! You know me. I jump the gun.

Better than jumping the shark.

Better to be blessed than cursed.

• Like 1

Buckethead is one of the most unique, and most intense raw guitar talents I've ever heard. I saw him perform at an intimate little venue in Minneapolis called the Caboose years back, and he absolutely played his brains out. I hope they get it all worked out, and we can continue to enjoy his music for years to come.
  • Like 2

Buckethead is one of the most unique, and most intense raw guitar talents I've ever heard. I saw him perform at an intimate little venue in Minneapolis called the Caboose years back, and he absolutely played his brains out. I hope they get it all worked out, and we can continue to enjoy his music for years to come.

Indeed. I have seen him twice and it was

f()cking intense....

I have seen many many top tier players but have never seen anyone with meld with his instrument like buckethead.

• Like 1

Cool sample of his live playing. Love the audience participation on the kill switch at about 12:00

I like that all his wizardry truely has a purpose in his music and is just not gratuitous wankery.

He has afib, which I battled about 12 years ago. Normally, you don't really feel your heart beating. But when you have an afib event it beats sporadically out of rhythm or flutters. It's a weird and scary feeling when you want your body to stop that, but you can't control it. It landed me in ER and a hospital visit for a couple days but eventually they found the causes which where a thyroid imbalance and sleep apnea, both of which were treated simply. They put me on beta blockers as well which sucked and took all my energy away but I've been off those for quite a while. My afib is well under control, it rarely happens and it's only for a few minutes at a time.

So what he's experiencing is potentially life threatening, but there are treatments for it. I hope they are examining simple things for him like bloodwork, which found one of my causes.

• Like 1