which albums to buy next

Xx_blahblahblah_xX

The next twelve and a half minutes will answer your question

You never disappoint, Lucas!

(And I certainly agree with your assessment, there).

• Like 1

Start with the debut. Spend a month soaking it in then move on to Fly By Night. Spend another month with that one. Move chronologically up but try not to skip ahead. Let the band take you on a journey. You won't regret it.
  • Like 3

so, i have roll the bones, clockwork angels, hemispheres, moving pictures, and aftk. what should i buy next? (don't say all of them; i don't have infinite money, haha)

Absolutely Permanent Waves and then Signals

Listening to Hemispheres through Hold Your Fire to me.....is listening to a band progressing and expanding their sonic soundscape and mature into songwriting giants.

What a stark contrast to listen to an album like Waves and to think just 5 short years later they release an album like Power Windows.

Remarkable.

• Like 1

Fly By Night

Caress Of Steel

Hold Your Fire

Presto

Grace Under Pressure

Counterparts

Permanent Waves

But, Lucas and I share a brain sometimes, so I too would vote for Caress Of Steel.

• Like 1

Which album to buy next depends largely on what you'd be hoping for. If you like one album from your current collection more than others, and are hoping that your next album purchased will resemble your current fave, then that will help dictate your choice. Likewise, if you're hoping a for a new listening experience, that will dictate your choice.
  • Like 2

I vote Grace Under Pressure as well. Why isn't this a poll?

I think you should post a poll every time you are ready to buy a new RUSH album.

lol, would be entertaining, but I think this is the better way to do it. Let others influence your decisions if you wish, sure, but I don't advocate letting others make your decisions for you unless you're somehow impaired and require outside aid.

• Like 1

I think you should post a poll every time you are ready to buy a new RUSH album.

lol, would be entertaining, but I think this is the better way to do it. Let others influence your decisions if you wish, sure, but I don't advocate letting others make your decisions for you unless you're somehow impaired and require outside aid.

Well, from the point of view of someone who's had all of the albums for over 20 years (and the others as they were released), I only really care about the entertainment value of this thread. I mean, if you are not going to have the gumption to direct yourself in how you are going to go about purchasing music, why not have a fan board majority decide for you? After all, you've already let go of fully making the choice on your own. Why not let go completely? Let us choose! We'll promise not to be ridiculous and tell you that your next purchase MUST be Feedback!

Edited by diatribein

Well, from the point of view of someone who's had all of the albums for over 20 years (and the others as they were released), I only really care about the entertainment value of this thread. I mean, if you are not going to have the gumption to direct yourself in how you are going to go about purchasing music, why not have a fan board majority decide for you? After all, you've already let go of fully making the choice on your own, why not let go completely?

:blink:

That sir, is a bad argument.

• Like 1

so, i have roll the bones, clockwork angels, hemispheres, moving pictures, and aftk. what should i buy next? (don't say all of them; i don't have infinite money, haha)

Which of those do you like the most? If you say RTB, my recommendation probably wouldn't be Caress of Steel. Not that you can't like both of course.

Well, from the point of view of someone who's had all of the albums for over 20 years (and the others as they were released), I only really care about the entertainment value of this thread. I mean, if you are not going to have the gumption to direct yourself in how you are going to go about purchasing music, why not have a fan board majority decide for you? After all, you've already let go of fully making the choice on your own, why not let go completely?

Well I, obviously, think it is great. Perhaps you should start a poll?

What poll? I'm not the one trying to choose my next Rush album here.

A poll of whether my argument is a good one or not! :dweez:

• Like 1

A poll of whether my argument is a good one or not! :dweez:

no thanks