Neil without the others...

lawman

And BTW...if you go to a party with a security guard... you're a doink. Don't know what "doink" means exactly but it's the word that sounds like a guy that takes a security guard to a party.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JozlqD3qP1c/maxresdefault.jpg

https://en.m.wikiped...Doink_the_Clown

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Dr_bf8231_547758.gif

Both of those are f***ing awesome.

• Like 1

If Nicko, can't do it, what makes you think Neil could? Nicko blows Neil away.

Is that a joke? Compared to Rush the Maiden tunes are pretty simple stuff, Neil could play most of them in his sleep. And even the more difficult songs are nothing compared to what Neil did in Rush. Don't get me wrong, Nicko is a very good drummer, but he isn't even among the best metal drummers, let alone the best rock drummers. And I'm saying that as an Iron Maiden fan.

Nicko wasn't even the best drummer in Maiden

• Like 2

Every few months the forum gets stuck in a Neil rut. :D-13:

Love him or hate him, or somewhere in between, you gotta give him credit for making things interesting.

who would hate him?

We've had plenty of people hate him on here. Joes mechanic was one. Got dissed by Neil at a party.

I vaguely remember that. What was the story behind it?

He somehow knew someone famous enough to be at a party with Neil and tagged along I believe. Went up to Neil and got intercepted by mosbach and threw a tantrum there and here I believe.

Moral of that story is: don't try to engage The Peart unless vetted by Mosbach.

It was Dave Weckl, he worked on Weckl's car. He was insane and quite hilarious in his idiocy. That guy and Melodic777 were the two biggest lunatics ever lol.

....and I thought I was bad. When Neil ducked out, I sorta let out an "Awww, no way" as the elevator doors closed, and that was pretty much that. I can only imagine this guy causing a scene. "Don't you know who I am?!? I'm Dave Weckl's car repairman!!!!! I'll put squeaky brake shoes on your Aston!! I'll under-inflate your tires!!!! When I'm through with you, you'll be riding your lawnmower around on tour!!!"

No disrespect to Dave Weckl, he's an awesome drummer! I used to listen to the Chick Corea Electrik Band cd constantly when it first came out and until it mysteriously vanished from its case, never to be seen again.

....and I thought I was bad. When Neil ducked out, I sorta let out an "Awww, no way" as the elevator doors closed, and that was pretty much that. I can only imagine this guy causing a scene. "Don't you know who I am?!? I'm Dave Weckl's car repairman!!!!! I'll put squeaky brake shoes on your Aston!! I'll under-inflate your tires!!!! When I'm through with you, you'll be riding your lawnmower around on tour!!!"

No disrespect to Dave Weckl, he's an awesome drummer! I used to listen to the Chick Corea Electrik Band cd constantly when it first came out and until it mysteriously vanished from its case, never to be seen again.

Mosbach took it.

Neil is the new Mr Dressup:

http://www.shared.com/content/images/2017/01/2203731792-3-5.jpg

"Sure, the other side of the mountain was all that I could see, but the point of the journey was not to arrive. As the monumentally intriguing American novelist John "Baldy Head" Dos Passos once observed 'all mountains have bears' and, as I was telling my old friend and confidante Ted "You Rascal!" Nugent, 'It's true, I've only seen bears on mountains', to which he archly remarked..."

• Like 3

"Sure, the other side of the mountain was all that I could see, but the point of the journey was not to arrive. As the monumentally intriguing American novelist John "Baldy Head" Dos Passos once observed 'all mountains have bears' and, as I was telling my old friend and confidante Ted "You Rascal!" Nugent, 'It's true, I've only seen bears on mountains', to which he archly remarked..."

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b8/5d/83/b85d8374ecbb15473074107ef936633d.jpg

All my life

I've been workin' them angels overtime

Riding and driving and living

So close to the edge

• Like 3

Time to bring out Lamont

lamont.gif

• Like 3

It would be cool if he came out of retirement.

Maybe he could find two other semi retired musicians and write and perform again.

Wait, never mind...

...what I meant to say was, enjoy your retirement NEP.

• Like 1

Every few months the forum gets stuck in a Neil rut. :D-13:

Love him or hate him, or somewhere in between, you gotta give him credit for making things interesting.

who would hate him?

We've had plenty of people hate him on here. Joes mechanic was one. Got dissed by Neil at a party.

I vaguely remember that. What was the story behind it?

He somehow knew someone famous enough to be at a party with Neil and tagged along I believe. Went up to Neil and got intercepted by mosbach and threw a tantrum there and here I believe.

Ok yeah, now I remember that. Should try to find that thread.

keep us posted

Well, I tried. No luck. No idea where it's buried.

The CP thread was 81 pages long, and their pages are 50 posts each. It was Freddie Gruber's birthday party. Joe's Mechanic was utterly roasted. Neil's wife even joined in the beating. Fun times.

*Sigh* that thread was pure entertainment gold. So many threads like that lost to the annals of history due to the sheer f**k-uppery of CP admins and their unwarranted trust of some asshole who simply left the whole of the message board on his work server after he left the company. No word, no warning, just Oh yeah, that was on there, they found it and deleted it. Because no one, NO ONE, thought to check...Just ooooooh, no need to check on CP, it'll go on in perpetuity on some irresponsible asshole's server that belongs to a company HE NO LONGER f***ing WORKS FOR, but hey, no worries, everything will be a-ok hunky dory forever n' ever. No need to check, no need to take care of it ourselves. But am I bitter?! DAMN RIGHT I'M BITTER! f**k-UPS...GAH!

I really should get over that.

Yeah. I really should.

That Freddie Gruber thread was gold though. :(

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 1

CP is dead along with Rush. If Rush is truly done touring, I'm guessing this place will follow in a year or so.

What, are you kidding me ??

Keith Richards will die before this place does

• Like 1

CP is dead along with Rush. If Rush is truly done touring, I'm guessing this place will follow in a year or so.

I was on CP for a few years a while back. CP isn't TRF.

Besides, Rush hasn't toured in two years and TRF doesn't look like it's dying just yet.

TRF dead next year? I highly doubt it. The "or so" part is the questionable part. 2 years? I doubt it too. 3 years? Possibly. 5 years? Maybe.

Think about this though:

IF Geddy, Alex, or Neil creates or performs with anyone, TRF will see some activity.

IF there is old concert footage DVD, an album re-release, etc., TRF will see some activity.

Neither of those two have happened yet TRF still sees activity.

Hell, that thread on Rolling Stone ranking Lifeson low on their guitarist poll saw 3 pages of activity. And that's with everyone thinking(knowing) that that mag sucks!

• Like 1

Besides, Rush hasn't toured in two years and TRF doesn't look like it's dying just yet.

TRF dead next year? I highly doubt it. The "or so" part is the questionable part. 2 years? I doubt it too. 3 years? Possibly. 5 years? Maybe.

Think about this though:

IF Geddy, Alex, or Neil creates or performs with anyone, TRF will see some activity.

IF there is old concert footage DVD, an album re-release, etc., TRF will see some activity.

Hell, that thread on Rolling Stone ranking Lifeson low on their guitarist poll saw 3 pages of activity. And that's with everyone thinking(knowing) that that mag sucks!

The CP I was talking about is not the CP that exists now. CP is dead now (or may as well be) because of events that happened back in 2012 with the board being left behind on some ass's work computer after he left the job. And this was the second time it happened in CP's lifetime...that the board suffered a complete erase and had to start from the ground up. It's just never been able to recover completely from the latest one. People left never to return.

TRF has never had that problem. The longest they've been offline was what a month? Two months? Not long enough to run off its longtime membership. And it never had to start from scratch either.

TRF and CP have always been completely different beasts. Run differently and frequented by different people (yeah, yeah, with the exception of a few crossovers). And with completely different vibes.

So unless there is a level of f**k-uppery amongst the TRF admins the likes of which we have never seen before it'll probably be around for a while.

• Like 1

Think about this though:

The CP I was talking about is not the CP that exists now. CP is dead now (or may as well be) because of events that happened back in 2012 with the board being left behind on some ass's work computer after he left the job. And this was the second time it happened in CP's lifetime...that the board suffered a complete erase and had to start from the ground up. It's just never been able to recover completely from the latest one. People left never to return.

TRF has never had that problem. The longest they've been offline was what a month? Two months? Not long enough to run off its longtime membership. And it never had to start from scratch either.

TRF and CP have always been completely different beasts. Run differently and frequented by different people (yeah, yeah, with the exception of a few crossovers). And with completely different vibes.

So unless there is a level of f**k-uppery amongst the TRF admins the likes of which we have never seen before it'll probably be around for a while.

The CP that I joined was before TRF and before Vapor Trails was even released. It lived and was growing without Rush touring whatsoever. edhunter mentioned the end of Rush tours leading to the end of TRF...but I don't think they're necessarily connected. Other sections of TRF such as Random Samples, Music of the Spheres, and SOCN are essentially more active than this one. There are no Rush tours or talk going on in any of those places but it doesn't seem to stop conversation. Good. :hail:

• Like 2

Think about this though:

Please OP don't insult us.

I joined CP like 10 years ago. I was on there for a weak, I mean a week. Pure shit.

JMO

73 and his Admins here have something good and I don't think the plug will be pulled.

If it happens when then hey that's life. It's a business decision.

I make those daily in the real world too.

It is what it is.

I would rather lube up "C3PO" than waste my time on CPoo. RIP

Think about this though:

I joined CP like 10 years ago. I was on there for a weak, I mean a week. Pure shit.

JMO

73 and his Admins here have something good and I don't think the plug will be pulled.

It is what it is.

Yeah, I'm guessing your posting style didn't go over too well there. There was a hazing process for newbies. If you'da stuck it out a little longer you would've loved it.

Before the crashes, CP was untouchable. This place is certainly better than it was 10-11 years ago, much less stuffy, but other than SOCN, how long are people really going to stick around creating 3-page threads comparing this song with that song, and name your favorite whatever?

• Like 1

Think about this though:

JMO

It is what it is.

Yeah, I'm guessing your posting style didn't go over too well there. There was a hazing process for newbies. If you'da stuck it out a little longer you would've loved it.

Before the crashes, CP was untouchable. This place is certainly better than it was 10-11 years ago, much less stuffy, but other than SOCN, how long are people really going to stick around creating 3-page threads comparing this song with that song, and name your favorite whatever?

Ever check out Random Samples? That's a heavily used section of TRF that very rarely mentions Rush. Over there there's a What Made Your Day Today thread that's 390 pages, Post Pictures of You that's 385, a silly Who's TRF's Most Romantic Hero poll that's over half a dozen pages, etc.

What that all means is that this board has gone beyond "just" Rush.

So barring, a major crash OR the administrator not being able to/wanting to continue, TRF will continue as long as there are members interested in other members.

• Like 1

During its heyday CP was pure gold. -- great people, lively discussions -- but after a couple of crashes and changes in management, it went through a fairly rapid decline and now isn't even a ghost of its former glory, though I'm sure the 10 or 12 regular members left would disagree, if only to avoid having to admit to the obvious.
  • Like 2

Think about this though:

JMO

It is what it is.

Ever check out Random Samples? That's a heavily used section of TRF that very rarely mentions Rush. Over there there's a What Made Your Day Today thread that's 390 pages, Post Pictures of You that's 385, a silly Who's TRF's Most Romantic Hero poll that's over half a dozen pages, etc.

So barring, a major crash OR the administrator not being able to/wanting to continue, TRF will continue as long as there are members interested in other members.

I am only interested in members who admit that Permanent Waves is an 80s album, Snakes and Arrows stinks, Vapor Trails is a good album and Neil is a bastard.

Edited by Wil1972

Don't see how.

Many people here haven't liked much of anything the band has done for 20, 30 or even 35 years. i doubt the fact that they're done would change much here.

Think about this though:

JMO

It is what it is.

I am only interested in members who admit that Permanent Waves is an 80s album, Snakes and Arrows stinks, Vapor Trails is a good album and Neil is a bastard.

:D
  • Like 1