J. Geils Dies

Xanadoood

Found dead in his house. Can't say I was a huge fan of them, but enjoyed some of their stuff. And they put on a hell of a live show by all accounts.

RIP

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wcvb.relaymedia.com/amp/article/guitarist-known-as-j-geils-found-dead-in-massachusetts-home/9263211

My first real rock concert was the J. Geils band in 1982. I was enamored with the hit single "centerfold." Soon after, my dad and brother and I went to see them live. I never got super huge into them but I still have fond memories. My brother bought a few of their albums. This was still a couple of years before I got into prog rock. Anyway, RIP J. Geils.
  • Like 1

Freeze Frame was pretty good, too.

I remember buying that album. In fact it was the only thing I had by them. It's actually a very good album and I still love that cover.

I think Freeze Frame was the first album I ever bought (certainly before I discovered Rush)

• Like 3

Great, great live act. If you're of a certain age, and from the Boston area, you love them.

I've dealt with the drummer's son in a business setting a few times over the years. He told me Adam Sandler has done more for his family's financial health than any other person.

RIP J.

• Like 3

Great, great live act. If you're of a certain age, and from the Boston area, you love them.

I've dealt with the drummer's son in a business setting a few times over the years. He told me Adam Sandler has done more for his family's financial health than any other person.

RIP J.

Yeah my Facebook feed was filled with tributes from my Boston friends. Punk rockers, metal heads, country fans..everyone grew up with J Geils.

• Like 1

R.I.P. :rose:

Just listening to "Live" Full House. Great live document of a great band.

Still my favorite to this day, saw them 3 times--------R.I.P John

Never saw them live, but this album has always a place in my heart. Classic.

RIP J.

If you mean Stephen Bladd, I would just like to say that he is probably one of the most underrated drummers in rock.

RIP J. I will be listening to the music you helped give life to at least for the next few days.

RIP J.

If you mean Stephen Bladd, I would just like to say that he is probably one of the most underrated drummers in rock.

RIP J. I will be listening to the music you helped give life to at least for the next few days.

Yes, I was talking about Bladd's son.