Freewill or Red Barchetta?

Texas King

Freewill or Red Barchetta?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Freewill or Red Barchetta?

Musically, Red Barchetta has a lot going for it; great playing, cool structure.

But I find the lyrics distracting: "gleaming alloy air-car", "for fifty odd years", and of course the song's first 6 syllables.

Would be interesting to hear it as an instrumental.

Freewilly!

250px-Free_Willy_%28TV_series%29.jpg

"Jump Free Willy jump! Jump with all your might!"

Paradoxically I actually prefer the lyrics for Red Barchetta because it just tells a story rather than the sort of preaching of Freewill.

I think Freewill is a brilliant song, one of their best, but as a guitarist, the guitar textures and mix of dynamics makes Barchetta better IMHO. Plus I like the imagery of the lyric. Just my opinion

Alex's greatest sounds and textures and dynamics where Barchetta and The Trees IMO

Pleading the 5th might be my actual choice here. I can't!

There is an old road near where I live down from the coast where I live, about 3 or 4 miles long, it is very narrow and twisty with countryside all around and some steep drop offs into tree lined valleys. It has a couple of little hump back bridges along the way which if you get the speed wrong you will literally take off. It has an old farmhouse in the middle converted to a pub/restaurant where motorcyclists and car enthusiasts hang out. Every time I drive down that road it makes me think of Red Barchetta and the freedom of the open road. Forget about boring Freeways or Motorways, that's not a driving experience, just tedium.

Barchetta.

Because 20,000 people singing it at MSG just can't be wrong.  Louder than the band. Every single time.

I mean..Freewill is close.  It's peak Rush.  But I've chosen to decide and I will choose Red Barchetta.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2