Greg Lake Dead

Tony R

His music can now live forever in the hearts of all who loved him.

Carl Palmer

December 8, 2016

Greg lived a full life and left quite a legacy. We should all be such a lucky man.

(Greg wrote that song when he was only 12yo)

• Like 3

I just heard this on the news- what a huge loss. I can still see Pictures At An Exhibition on the top of my sister's vinyl pile where it stayed for one entire summer. RIP to a guy with a wonderful voice. :rose:
  • Like 4

Just like with Bowie and Glenn Frey and others, we had no idea he was sick until it was too late...It seems like a recurring theme with all these celebrities dying in 2016 is the fact that they are hiding their illnesses from the public and not mentioning it at all until they are either cured or drop dead.... :(

There's a good reason for that. So the public and paparazzi will leave them alone. I don't blame them one bit.

• Like 4

His music can now live forever in the hearts of all who loved him.

Carl Palmer

December 8, 2016

Greg lived a full life and left quite a legacy. We should all be such a lucky man.

(Greg wrote that song when he was only 12yo)

Twelve years old? Wow...I never knew that until now.

• Like 1

ELP was my introduction to progressive rock .. My sister had Brain Salad Surgery and I was always fascinated with the album cover ..

As it was approaching 10pm one night, we were sitting around listening to albums in the family room, and my Dad says "Ok kids, time for bed" .. We were like "No, no ONE MORE SONG", to which my Dad agrees ..

So my sis cues up Karn Evil 9 :LOL:

We all had a laugh when we had to flip the album over to continue

Thanks for the great times and all the amazing music Mr Lake

RIP

• Like 4

ELP was my introduction to progressive rock .. My sister had Brain Salad Surgery and I was always fascinated with the album cover ..

As it was approaching 10pm one night, we were sitting around listening to albums in the family room, and my Dad says "Ok kids, time for bed" .. We were like "No, no ONE MORE SONG", to which my Dad agrees ..

So my sis cues up Karn Evil 9 :LOL:

We all had a laugh when we had to flip the album over to continue

Thanks for the great times and all the amazing music Mr Lake

RIP

That's just awesome. :)

• Like 1

My freshman year in college ('73) , it was common to take a bed sheet, draw/paint something on it and hang it from the ceiling with Christmas light behind it. It set the mood for the parties.

My bed sheet had a huge ELP logo on it. Just sayin'

Thanks for the music and memories Greg. The ELP Christmas show at MSG Dec '73 with the quad sound was one my most memorable concerts.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Was at work when I saw the news. I came out of my seat and said "OH" so sharply and loud a couple of coworkers came to my cubicle to see if I was all right.

A sad, sad day. I loved both KC and ELP. Wore out two vinyl copies of WBMF before getting it on CD, one of the best live recordings ever.

RIP Greg, you will be sorely missed.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I never got a chance to see ELP proper. I did however see the Carl Palmer band once and Keith Emerson once and Greg and Keith(without Carl)once which was in 2010 I think. Great show. He will be missed by not just me but the prog community in general and music as a whole has lost a great singer and bass player. RIP Greg.
  • Like 1