Rush vs Black Sabbath part 2

YYZumbi

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best singer?

2. 2. Who is the best lyric writer?

3. 3. And the best band is?

Geddy adapted and evolved as a singer.

Geezer was deceptively good as a lyricist. Neil was deceptively bad as a lyricist. Neil's hokeyness was much more pronounced at times.

Black Sabbath was WAY more influential and original. But I voted for Rush because I like them more than Black Sabbath, not because they are better than Black Sabbath.

• Like 3

Geddy adapted and evolved as a singer.

Geezer was deceptively good as a lyricist. Neil was deceptively bad as a lyricist. Neil's hokeyness was much more pronounced at times.

Black Sabbath was WAY more influential and original. But I voted for Rush because I like them more than Black Sabbath, not because they are better than Black Sabbath.

Basically this

• Like 1

The main thing I feel with Sabbath is the atmosphere- it's all about the great riffs, with them. But I can get tired of that after not very long. They made some great albums, but I can't listen to them over and over again ad nauseam, as I can (and do) with Rush.

Better musicianship, better lyrics, better singing...it's a Rush hat trick.

The answer is :rush:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

I started loving Sabbath before Rush and I don't know now which one of the two bands has a larger portion of my heart, but Rush win these polls anyway (but they might lose some else with always these two bands involved)

Voted for Geddy, Neil & Rush.

That being said, I am sort of surprised Geddy is as far ahead of Ozzy as he is in this. Still, I find Geddy to be a more interesting singer. Now if the question had been "Who was the better front man or the better at working a crowd, Geddy or Ozzy?" Ozzy would have had my vote.

Voted for Geddy, Neil & Rush.

That being said, I am sort of surprised Geddy is as far ahead of Ozzy as he is in this. Still, I find Geddy to be a more interesting singer. Now if the question had been "Who was the better front man or the better at working a crowd, Geddy or Ozzy?" Ozzy would have had my vote.

Geddys rather busy. As much as I like Ozzy he stands there clapping and yelling I love you all.