Question

Permanent-Rush

If anyone does run into Peart at the Gas n' Sip ask how his shoulders are doing, encourage him to tour with Alex and Geddy again.

You could always discuss anti-inflammatories.

• Like 1

Go ahead.. just dont be to much of a freaky fan. He hates those.

What you should do is pretend that you don't know who he is or who Rush is. And talk to him about just random stuff. Then he will be friendly and can talk for hours with you.

He have said this him self in a interview.

I can not do that. I would be screaming and I would not be able to control myself.

Then make sure you wear Depends.
  • Like 1

What you should do is pretend that you don't know who he is or who Rush is. And talk to him about just random stuff. Then he will be friendly and can talk for hours with you.

What "random stuff" could a 15 year old girl talk "for hours" to Neil Peart about that'll make him "be friendly"...while not appearing to be a fan?

• Like 2

What "random stuff" could a 15 year old girl talk "for hours" to Neil Peart about that'll make him "be friendly"...while not appearing to be a fan?

... spots Neil at the grocery store, and follows ... intentionally bumps into Neil, causing him to drop his produce . . upon helping Neil pick up his iceberg lettuce and rolling lemons, Neil comments on a pretty bangle bracelet . . .

.. and so it begins

She should read up on bicycling in Africa, BMW motorcycles, and single malt Scotch. ;)
  • Like 1

She should read up on bicycling in Africa, BMW motorcycles, and single malt Scotch. ;)

If she just shows up at his door with a bottle of The Macallan, and holds it out like Rey held out Luke's lightsaber at the end of the last Star Wars movie, she'll be his new best buddy.

• Like 7

If she just shows up at his door with a bottle of The Macallan, and holds it out like Rey held out Luke's lightsaber at the end of the last Star Wars movie, she'll be his new best buddy.

:LMAO:

http://img.cinemablend.com/cb/e/2/0/f/5/4/e20f54e3f65ce187605033ffbada9f88ef923cc07a8f037ff1da5d436d8e9822.jpg

• Like 3

http://img.cinemablend.com/cb/e/2/0/f/5/4/e20f54e3f65ce187605033ffbada9f88ef923cc07a8f037ff1da5d436d8e9822.jpg

rey_and_the_macallan.gif

• Like 7

rey_and_the_macallan.gif

:LMAO: :clap:

Well played, sir. Well played.

• Like 2

rey_and_the_macallan.gif

Haha! Someone needs to put Neil's face over Luke's. :LOL:

• Like 1

rey_and_the_macallan.gif

That made me bust out laughing! :LOL:

Is this person for real?

Really. I am just asking a question and you guys are being rude.

I don't think they are being rude. Like me, they are just really surprised that someone would actually consider doing what you're talking about.

• Like 2

I found out recently that I live like 4 or 5 hours away from Neil. I am not sure if I should go bug him or not.

Should I, or No?

He is my idol, and I have always wanted to meet him, but I do not want to go up there and bug him to much.

What do you guys think?

Why do you even ask these questions? If you know anything about Neil you know that he abhors people who stalk him like this.

I am just asking a question. Sheesh.

I am not planing to stalk him.

Showing up at a celebrity's house uninvited is stalking.

I say why not? Neil does it to me all the time.

He reads the Yukon Blade Grinder,

and hand delivers them to my door

after he's corrected my grammar. What a dick!

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/YBG%20Neil_zps6iies0ch.jpg

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 6

I found out recently that I live like 4 or 5 hours away from Neil. I am not sure if I should go bug him or not.

Should I, or No?

He is my idol, and I have always wanted to meet him, but I do not want to go up there and bug him to much.

What do you guys think?

Why do you even ask these questions? If you know anything about Neil you know that he abhors people who stalk him like this.

is it just me, or does Neil look like Mr. Magoo in that picture? :eh:
  • Like 1

Should I, or No?

What do you guys think?

It's you bro. Illinois is messing with your mind. Come to Goatnut to get it right

• Like 1

Should I, or No?

What do you guys think?

:yes:

I've posted the Magoo comment at least half a dozen times on TRF

Look 74, I'm not here to hurt your feelings or anything, but you need to understand that just randomly showing up at someone's house is NOT OKAY. I'm not much older than you, but I should think that you're old enough to understand respect for other people's personal space. I mean, how would you feel if some random person you never knew existed invited him- or herself to your house, know what I mean?
  • Like 3

Look 74, I'm not here to hurt your feelings or anything, but you need to understand that just randomly showing up at someone's house is NOT OKAY. I'm not much older than you, but I should think that you're old enough to understand respect for other people's personal space. I mean, how would you feel if some random person you never knew existed invited him- or herself to your house, know what I mean?

If she did drop by, it would probably go down something like this. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2genNZx6waA

• Like 2

Should I, or No?

What do you guys think?

:yes:

I've posted the Magoo comment at least half a dozen times on TRF

You have? Well, I'm very proud of you! :)

• Like 1

If she did drop by, it would probably go down something like this. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2genNZx6waA

Exactly. I hope (and doubt) she'll actually listen.

Baiting the forum for more abuse, are you?

Uh, no.

This is really true.

Oh, stop. You're trolling.

You've been around here for long enough to know better than this.

I have studied the lyrics for Limelight and Neil Peart's voluminous written works. I think he'd love to hear from a young drummer, to dicuss how to become the drummer he is. Remember bringing a stuffed animal toy for Oliva will enhance your chances fo getting in. If you dont get in the first time having camping gear with you should help while you wait.

Be sure to post the pic of you both hear.

Good luck, godspeed, HUZZAH!

You're being sarcastic, but you bring up a good point. GNP, have you read any of Neil's books? Have you read the lyrics to "Limelight" and really paid attention to what Neil is trying to say?

I have not read his books.

But I have read the lyrics of Limelight.

Do you understand what he's saying in that song? What does a line like, "I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend" mean to you?

Oh.

I know what that means, but I do not know how to say what I mean.

Based on knowing what it means, do you think it would be a good idea to drive four hours, find Neil's house, and try to meet him?

I wouldn't drive 4 hours to see my own family

I don't know why but this is cracking me up. :laughing guy:

Edited by catherine
  • Like 1