Question

Permanent-Rush

Baiting the forum for more abuse, are you?

Uh, no.

This is really true.

Oh, stop. You're trolling.

You've been around here for long enough to know better than this.

I have studied the lyrics for Limelight and Neil Peart's voluminous written works. I think he'd love to hear from a young drummer, to dicuss how to become the drummer he is. Remember bringing a stuffed animal toy for Oliva will enhance your chances fo getting in. If you dont get in the first time having camping gear with you should help while you wait.

Be sure to post the pic of you both hear.

Good luck, godspeed, HUZZAH!

You're being sarcastic, but you bring up a good point. GNP, have you read any of Neil's books? Have you read the lyrics to "Limelight" and really paid attention to what Neil is trying to say?

• Like 2

Uh, no.

This is really true.

I have studied the lyrics for Limelight and Neil Peart's voluminous written works. I think he'd love to hear from a young drummer, to dicuss how to become the drummer he is. Remember bringing a stuffed animal toy for Oliva will enhance your chances fo getting in. If you dont get in the first time having camping gear with you should help while you wait.

You're being sarcastic, but you bring up a good point. GNP, have you read any of Neil's books? Have you read the lyrics to "Limelight" and really paid attention to what Neil is trying to say?

I have not read his books.

But I have read the lyrics of Limelight.

Uh, no.

This is really true.

Do you understand what he's saying in that song? What does a line like, "I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend" mean to you?

• Like 4

Uh, no.

This is really true.

Do you understand what he's saying in that song? What does a line like, "I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend" mean to you?

Oh.

I know what that means, but I do not know how to say what I mean.

Anyone who claims to be a fan of Rush and Neil Peart - esp one with 23, 000 posts on a fan message board, should be well aware of how Peart feels about this sort of thing. "Limelight" is a dead giveaway. "I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend." He even says in the documentary that he would never dream of going to a celebrity's home, even with the best of intentions. It is a little on the creepy side. So when you ask that question, you get what you give.
  • Like 2

Uh, no.

This is really true.

You beat me to it! Just posted that line!

• Like 1

Uh, no.

This is really true.

Oh.

Based on knowing what it means, do you think it would be a good idea to drive four hours, find Neil's house, and try to meet him?

• Like 3

I like JohnRogers' idea of a stuffed animal for Olivia, but seriously, GNP, don't even consider it. In the 4 books of his that I've read, he goes on and on about how much he can't stand people inserting themselves into his life.

I think anyone's best bet would be to get a job at an LA BMW motorcycle dealership or another one across the country. He seems to love hitting those up.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Anyone who claims to be a fan of Rush and Neil Peart - esp one with 23, 000 posts on a fan message board, should be well aware of how Peart feels about this sort of thing. "Limelight" is a dead giveaway. "I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend." He even says in the documentary that he would never dream of going to a celebrity's home, even with the best of intentions. It is a little on the creepy side. So when you ask that question, you get what you give.

I am a new fan. I have only been a fan for a few months.

Celebrities are just people. No need for them to be held to such a higher standard.

They do everything you do, eat, poop, shower, take their trash out and read and watch TV.

They just have a unique occupation

Now think of someone coming to your house at the least appropriate time and ringing the doorbell because they love u

Not cool

Admire them for their art, not for being human. Let them be. If u see them in passing say hello.

If most of us were celebrities we'd be dicks. You want paparazzi taking pictures of your kids??

It happens everyday.

• Like 3

Uh, no.

This is really true.

Oh.

Based on knowing what it means, do you think it would be a good idea to drive four hours, find Neil's house, and try to meet him?

I wouldn't drive 4 hours to see my own family

• Like 5

Let him be.

Always good advice. I don't think there's a celebrity out there who wants a fan seeking them out and jumping up and down and squealing. Hell, even Bieber hates screaming fans now.

50% of the major party candidates for the 2016 President of the United States election would disagree with this assumption. :D

How does that grab you?

I like JohnRogers' idea of a stuffed animal for Olivia, but seriously, GNP, don't even consider it. In the 4 books of his that I've read, he goes on and on about how much he can't stand people inserting themselves into his life.

I think anyone's best bet would be to get a job at an LA BMW motorcycle dealership or another one across the country. He seems to love hitting those up.

And I'm only kidding with that! I don't think celebrities owe us anything when they are on their own time, seriously; and you could be putting yourself in danger.

• Like 1

I am a new fan. I have only been a fan for a few months.

Damn you post a lot then. I've been a fan 25 years and I do not think I could make 23, 000 posts here! :LOL:

• Like 1

Let him be.

Always good advice. I don't think there's a celebrity out there who wants a fan seeking them out and jumping up and down and squealing. Hell, even Bieber hates screaming fans now.

50% of the major party candidates for the 2016 President of the United States election would disagree with this assumption. :D

How does that grab you?

Not that I want to get into a political discussion outside of SOCN, but politicians are a different breed of cat. I would say presidential candidates by default like the attention -- why else would they hold rallies in their name and give out signs with their names on them for people to hold up in front of TV cameras?

• Like 2

Celebrities are just people. No need for them to be held to such a higher standard.

They do everything you do, eat, poop, shower, take their trash out and read and watch TV.

They just have a unique occupation

Now think of someone coming to your house at the least appropriate time and ringing the doorbell because they love u

Not cool

Admire them for their art, not for being human. Let them be. If u see them in passing say hello.

If most of us were celebrities we'd be dicks. You want paparazzi taking pictures of your kids??

It happens everyday.

Yes, this is true, I love a ton of musicians and bands, but I doubt I would agree with them on many issues, or hobbies, or whatever. Admire them for being able to create awesome music and art. But they are just people. And while I idolize Neil for his chops, as a person he is a bit of an oddball and I seriously do not care to meet him.

christ, why are you guys being mean to a 15 year old girl. chill out.

:goodone:

Have to agree. It's easy on a Rush fan board to read such a question from a self-proclaimed Rush fan and assume that person is trolling or stupid. But look into things a bit before passing judgement -- she's only 15 and joined the board only six months ago. It's entirely possible she hasn't read anything about how intensely private Neil is. All she knows is she loves his drumming. Maybe educate her without being mean about it.

• Like 6

I wouldn't go out of my way to meet someone famous I admire.

But I'd secretly hope I'd bump into them if I lived nearby haha

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 4

Have to agree. It's easy on a Rush fan board to read such a question from a self-proclaimed Rush fan and assume that person is trolling or stupid. But look into things a bit before passing judgement -- she's only 15 and joined the board only six months ago. It's entirely possible she hasn't read anything about how intensely private Neil is. All she knows is she loves his drumming. Maybe educate her without being mean about it.

I do not know how private he is.

Thank you 73.

• Like 1

No offense was intended. But it did seem a little trollish. Sometimes folks post stuff just having fun, others to stir the pot. Sometimes we like to poke at ourselves and the band --both those who start these threads and those who reply to them. But it still seems pretty clear that visiting any celeb uninvited is unwise.

Edited by Wil1972

I do not know how private he is.

Thank you 73.

You certainly do now, right?

• Like 1