Let's pretend for a moment.

BassMasterGeneral

Say you're at some kind of house party with a bunch of 18-24 year olds (like I said, pretend :P) you get to choose the first song that plays

Hit shuffle on your preferred music device, the first song is the one you play, how well received is it? :D

Nanook Rubs It by Frank Zappa, unless we're dropping acid out here I'm getting thrown out pretty quick, lol.

• Like 1

I think I can guarantee that there is nothing on my music device that will be suitable for that scenario. I think I'll just stay home.

I interpreted the original post differently

Yeah . . . I'm just being a jackass.

So, the next tune on my shuffle is Gimme Shelter. Actually, I think that would fly.

• Like 2

I go in with my turntable and the Black Sabbath Paranoid record. And put the needle on War Pigs.

All the girls running out and leaving the house. but all the guys starting to headbang and do this: :haz:

And then when the song is over. everybody wants me to play the whole record!

• Like 3

I have always hated parties, but should I go, here's the song:

A Cry For Help in a World Gone Mad---Agent Orange

The reception? If I was went to this party willingly then the kids at the party are probably open-minded.

So any song that came up would be received openly.

Some will like it, some will hate it, most will be indifferent.

When I was 18-24 I happily listened to anything, so that's my target 18-24 year old group.

Now, if it's a group of 18-24 who only like what's currently popular, I imagine they'd find it grating and undancable.

• Like 1

I see most of us party-goers have decided to play what they want rather than just shuffle their player.

No one follows the rules here?

Okay then,

I'll play "Hymn 1- Wolf and Fear" by Ulver. Since BlueFox went to the weird, I'll go to the abrasive.

• Like 1

I surprised myself. I thought my device was all Rush, but I did change it to different singles for a trip this summer.

The party group might not recognize it, but everyone usually smiles at this song- Jackie Wilson Said , by Van Morrison (the one that starts doo doo doo doot doot, da doo doo doo doot :) )

• Like 1

First Song, "LESSONS" by RUSH of course....starts off quiet, but BASHES THEIR HEADS IN by the first Chorus! :wub: :nya nya: :yay:

:banana:

I see most of us party-goers have decided to play what they want rather than just shuffle their player.

No one follows the rules here?

Looks like I'm one of the few that actually did press "shuffle".

I did too, but mine was loaded with a lot of summer songs that I like anyway. :) That was a surprise, though, I thought I still had R40 songs on it!

• Like 1

I go in with my turntable and the Black Sabbath Paranoid record. And put the needle on War Pigs.

All the girls running out and leaving the house. but all the guys starting to headbang and do this: :haz:

I know some girls who LOVE War Pigs

I know some girls who LOVE War Pigs

Same here. And I know some girls who ARE war pigs

• Like 2