The 2016-17 NFL Thread

Suddenly I'm a huge Falcons fan !! Looking forward to the Super Bowl.

I don't have a dog in this hunt nor do I dislike Roger Goodell but I think it would be fun to see Roger having to hand the Lombardi Trophy over to Tom Brady.

• Like 4

I don't have a dog in this hunt nor do I dislike Roger Goodell but I think it would be fun to see Roger having to hand the Lombardi Trophy over to Tom Brady.

That would be pretty amusing, I have to admit! I don't really have a team either but I seem to be pulling for the underdog here, though. Being from Pittsburgh, I still think of Joe Montana (from Pittsburgh area!) as one of the best quarterbacks so I'm not quite ready for the "Tom Brady, greatest quarterback ever" title. Yet. I guess we'll see after the Super Bowl !

• Like 1

:yes:

Although I'd be very happen for Matt Ryan to win it all.

• Like 1

I still think of Joe Montana (from Pittsburgh area!) as one of the best quarterbacks so I'm not quite ready for the "Tom Brady, greatest quarterback ever" title. Yet. I guess we'll see after the Super Bowl !

:blah: Brady now holds nearly every major Super Bowl passing record in addition to the record for most Super Bowl appearances by a quarterback. More importantly, Brady is also tied with Joe Montana, the quarterback many consider to be the best to ever play the game, for most Super Bowl wins and most Super Bowl MVP awards. Tommy holds a postseason record of 24-9. Eight more wins than second place on the list Joe Montana. Most touchdown passes in the playoffs. Tom Brady has led his Patriots to 14 career AFC East division titles. The most by any single QB. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Sorry, Earl.

Sorry for what? Oh Earle is spelled just like that. :D

I'm impressed by that PATRIOTS win. However, it will be an uphill battle to beat these birds.....Like the LAST birds SB this game will come down to the last few seconds. Just like all the other Patriot Super Bowls.

I still think of Joe Montana (from Pittsburgh area!) as one of the best quarterbacks so I'm not quite ready for the "Tom Brady, greatest quarterback ever" title. Yet. I guess we'll see after the Super Bowl !

:blah: Brady now holds nearly every major Super Bowl passing record in addition to the record for most Super Bowl appearances by a quarterback. More importantly, Brady is also tied with Joe Montana, the quarterback many consider to be the best to ever play the game, for most Super Bowl wins and most Super Bowl MVP awards. Tommy holds a postseason record of 24-9. Eight more wins than second place on the list Joe Montana. Most touchdown passes in the playoffs. Tom Brady has led his Patriots to 14 career AFC East division titles. The most by any single QB.

But...deflategate! :codger:

:D

• Like 2

:blah: Brady now holds nearly every major Super Bowl passing record in addition to the record for most Super Bowl appearances by a quarterback. More importantly, Brady is also tied with Joe Montana, the quarterback many consider to be the best to ever play the game, for most Super Bowl wins and most Super Bowl MVP awards. Tommy holds a postseason record of 24-9. Eight more wins than second place on the list Joe Montana. Most touchdown passes in the playoffs. Tom Brady has led his Patriots to 14 career AFC East division titles. The most by any single QB.

But...deflategate! :codger:

:D

Good one, Goose!

Biggest choke job in Super Bowl history. Grats, falcons.

A field goal away from icing it.

And all they had to do is run the ball twice and win the game.

Somehow this lack of basic common sense by the Falcons makes Brady a better QB in stupid peoples' eyes.

• Like 3

Somehow this lack of basic common sense by the Falcons makes Brady a better QB in stupid peoples' eyes.

:LOL:

It's one thing to be given opportunities by stupid people, and another to be able to capitalize on them over and over again.

• Like 1

It's one thing to be given opportunities by stupid people, and another to be able to capitalize on them over and over again.

Nonexistent (or more accurately, ticky-tack) holding, holding, holding, pass interference, holding calls don't hurt.

But New England's coaching staff was shown again to be the cream of the crop. The game didn't do anything to change my perception of Brady (an excellent system QB on short throws), but Belichick and Kraft are making strong cases for being the best ever.

Man, that is depressing.

• Like 2

I hate the pats as much as anyone, but they got the short end of the stick on their two SB losses. Incredible 4th qtr plays that beat them, as well as epic mistakes that they rarely make at the end of games. Could you imagine Bradycheck winning seven?

I hate the pats as much as anyone, but they got the short end of the stick on their two SB losses. Incredible 4th qtr plays that beat them, as well as epic mistakes that they rarely make at the end of games. Could you imagine Bradycheck winning seven?

With a different kicker and 0 of the worst coaching decisions ever made in the NFL, I can imagine them with 0.

Which leads to the next question. Was Shanahan (ATL 's OC) responsible for those calls? Good thing he's no longer working there, the howling mobs probably want his head stuck on a pike and blown up along with the Georgia Dome. Enjoy your new Head Coach, Frisco.

• Like 1

Nonexistent (or more accurately, ticky-tack) holding, holding, holding, pass interference, holding calls don't hurt.

But New England's coaching staff was shown again to be the cream of the crop. The game didn't do anything to change my perception of Brady (an excellent system QB on short throws), but Belichick and Kraft are making strong cases for being the best ever.

Man, that is depressing.

I'm still baffled at your complete disdain for Brady. He's accomplished all there is to accomplish as a quarterback.. rings, individual stats.

If Brady was on another team, with the same accomplishments, would your opinion of him be any different? Is it the Patriots franchise you hate?

Are all these stats a conspiracy? Is it the deflategate? Spygate? I don't get it.. please explain it to me.

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/129176/where-tom-brady-ranks-all-time-in-every-statistic

Edited by Xanadoood

Man, that is depressing.

I'm still baffled at your complete disdain for Brady. He's accomplished all there is to accomplish as a quarterback.. rings, individual stats.

If Brady was on another team, with the same accomplishments, would your opinion of him be any different? Is it the Patriots franchise you hate?

Are all these stats a conspiracy? Is it the deflategate? Spygate? I don't get it.. please explain it to me.

http://www.espn.com/...every-statistic

I've seen him play a lot. He is the most accomplished QB in history. But he's not among the best passers, and at it's core that's what a QB does. He's not among the most athletic, and he's not among the best callers. He's very good. But he's basically a steroided up (not literally) system back. You remove him and the drop off isn't that steep as we've seen 3 times before.

Man, that is depressing.

I've seen him play a lot. He is the most accomplished QB in history. But he's not among the best passers, and at it's core that's what a QB does. He's not among the most athletic, and he's not among the best callers. He's very good. But he's basically a steroided up (not literally) system back. You remove him and the drop off isn't that steep as we've seen 3 times before.

Fair enough. I can respect that. As I've said before, I wasn't a Pats fan growing up. And I'm no Brady nut hugger. But the guy deserves props. And I think he's gotten some undeserved grief from the football community in general.

Man, that is depressing.

That explains a lot. Marino had a great arm. So did Jeff George. And Drew Bledsoe (who led the Super Bowl 36 champs to an 0-2 record). They all have something in common.

Michael Vick was an amazing athlete. And a strong arm. Also a bad QB.

I don't see how you can say Brady's not a great "caller." His decision making is what makes him great.

In a SOCN thread you mentioned the virtue of truth telling and its impact on credibility. At some point, I think you have to just say, "I personally hate him, but he's a great player."

• Like 2