The 2016-17 NFL Thread

But he's not among the best passers, and at it's core that's what a QB does.

I thought a QB's main job is to control the field and engineer wins?

Biggest choke job in Super Bowl history. Grats, falcons.

A field goal away from icing it.

And all they had to do is run the ball twice and win the game.

Somehow this lack of basic common sense by the Falcons makes Brady a better QB in stupid peoples' eyes.

:LOL:

It's one thing to be given opportunities by stupid people, and another to be able to capitalize on them over and over again.

Nonexistent (or more accurately, ticky-tack) holding, holding, holding, pass interference, holding calls don't hurt.

But New England's coaching staff was shown again to be the cream of the crop. The game didn't do anything to change my perception of Brady (an excellent system QB on short throws), but Belichick and Kraft are making strong cases for being the best ever.

Man, that is depressing.

I'm still baffled at your complete disdain for Brady. He's accomplished all there is to accomplish as a quarterback.. rings, individual stats.

If Brady was on another team, with the same accomplishments, would your opinion of him be any different? Is it the Patriots franchise you hate?

Are all these stats a conspiracy? Is it the deflategate? Spygate? I don't get it.. please explain it to me.

http://www.espn.com/...every-statistic

I've seen him play a lot. He is the most accomplished QB in history. But he's not among the best passers, and at it's core that's what a QB does. He's not among the most athletic, and he's not among the best callers. He's very good. But he's basically a steroided up (not literally) system back. You remove him and the drop off isn't that steep as we've seen 3 times before.

In a SOCN thread you mentioned the virtue of truth telling and its impact on credibility. At some point, I think you have to just say, "I personally hate him, but he's a great player."

I'm not sure why I would "just" say that, but I've said that in many more words a lot. I wouldn't say that I hate him, but after his lying and other antics related to deflate-gate, my dislike for him has grown. Yet I still describe him as the most accomplished ever, excellent, very good, one of the best ___ QBs ever, etc. I just don't think he's the best, or better than Manning, or better than Montana (someone I dislike even more than Brady), etc.

Biggest choke job in Super Bowl history. Grats, falcons.

A field goal away from icing it.

And all they had to do is run the ball twice and win the game.

Somehow this lack of basic common sense by the Falcons makes Brady a better QB in stupid peoples' eyes.

:LOL:

It's one thing to be given opportunities by stupid people, and another to be able to capitalize on them over and over again.

Nonexistent (or more accurately, ticky-tack) holding, holding, holding, pass interference, holding calls don't hurt.

But New England's coaching staff was shown again to be the cream of the crop. The game didn't do anything to change my perception of Brady (an excellent system QB on short throws), but Belichick and Kraft are making strong cases for being the best ever.

Man, that is depressing.

I'm still baffled at your complete disdain for Brady. He's accomplished all there is to accomplish as a quarterback.. rings, individual stats.

If Brady was on another team, with the same accomplishments, would your opinion of him be any different? Is it the Patriots franchise you hate?

Are all these stats a conspiracy? Is it the deflategate? Spygate? I don't get it.. please explain it to me.

http://www.espn.com/...every-statistic

I've seen him play a lot. He is the most accomplished QB in history. But he's not among the best passers, and at it's core that's what a QB does. He's not among the most athletic, and he's not among the best callers. He's very good. But he's basically a steroided up (not literally) system back. You remove him and the drop off isn't that steep as we've seen 3 times before.

In a SOCN thread you mentioned the virtue of truth telling and its impact on credibility. At some point, I think you have to just say, "I personally hate him, but he's a great player."

I'm not sure why I would "just" say that, but I've said that in many more words a lot. I wouldn't say that I hate him, but after his lying and other antics related to deflate-gate, my dislike for him has grown. Yet I still describe him as the most accomplished ever, excellent, very good, one of the best ___ QBs ever, etc. I just don't think he's the best, or better than Manning, or better than Montana (someone I dislike even more than Brady), etc.

I may have missed it, but that's the first time I've heard you acknowledge he's an excellent QB.

Well I just hope this Superbowl "choke" of the Falcons has the same effect on them it did on the Panthers last year. A complete demoralization thus clearing the path for the new formidable force to be reckoned with in the NFC south. We are ready to assume control! Tampa Bay Baby oh yeah!

Let's GO Bucs!!!!! :madra:

• Like 1

Well I just hope this Superbowl "choke" of the Falcons has the same effect on them it did on the Panthers last year. A complete demoralization thus clearing the path for the new formidable force to be reckoned with in the NFC south. We are ready to assume control! Tampa Bay Baby oh yeah!

Let's GO Bucs!!!!! :madra:

The Packers signed Martellus Bennett.......??!!

:o :o :o

Damn. I don't like hearing about good ball players going to GB.

Bennett is a good well rounded big body TE. Tough, gives a solid effort every play, decent hands, not showy. I've always liked him.

Dropped game winner aside, I thought he was one of the best standouts in the Superbowl. He was Tom Brady's most reliable option for at least the whole first three quarters of the game.

The Packers signed Martellus Bennett.......??!!

:o :o :o

That one hurt a little.

Even if he is a tool.

He's already showing his unique personality. He had Packer fans vote on the jersey number he's going to wear...... :LOL:

Edited by Principled Man

How will Todd Heap (former TE for the Ravens) get over accidentally killing his 3-year old daughter?

I can think of no greater test of a man's courage and emotional strength. :o

http://rsvpmagazine.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Todd-Heap-family-300x300.jpg