40 Years Ago: Queen Begin Recording Their Masterpiece, "Bohemian Rhapsody"

The Cat 3

Why do some people who don't like a band spend so much time typing nonsense about them? Don't fuckking listen to them and forget about them you can't like everything, just like what you like.

Says the guy who started a thread when he didn't like seeing Springsteen brought up time and time again. Lol

Yeah but I only type one line not a six page essay. This is my point, why even think about it so much?

Over and over and over... But always with a smile. "Turd" was mean, though.

:LOL:

• Like 1

In all honesty, a lot of hard work, time, talent and charisma went into creating a horrible, back end of Broadway style, pompous rock turd

You're a turd.

I think you type this rubbish just for the sake of typing because you can.

I agree that all music isn't for all people, but "turd"?

Seriously?

If you have no interest or distaste, just don't post your opinion.

It's ok for you not to make a comment on every thread.

In all honesty, a lot of hard work, time, talent and charisma went into creating a horrible, back end of Broadway style, pompous rock turd

You're a turd.

Seriously?

i didn't even see turd there, lol

oh Segue.

i think it IS over played. but turd is way WAY overboard.

if that's a turd.......most people would kill to write that......i'm sure Bruce Springsteen included, lol

Mick

• Like 2

You're a turd.

Seriously?

oh Segue.

if that's a turd.......most people would kill to write that......i'm sure Bruce Springsteen included, lol

Mick

Segue was blinded by the light...that is Freddie Mercury & Queen!
  • Like 2

You're a turd.

Seriously?

oh Segue.

Mick

lol. I just think when Segue has an opinion he's very passionate. when he loves something. he ADORES It. on the flip side when he dislikes something.....it's just done with that same level of intensity, lol

Mick

You're a turd.

Seriously?

oh Segue.

Mick

lol. I just think when Segue has an opinion he's very passionate. when he loves something. he ADORES It. on the flip side when he dislikes something.....it's just done with that same level of intensity, lol

Mick

All my threads are littered with strong dislike, Springsteen especially.

Everyone can have a go but me?

I was also trying to make it clear I was really, really impressed by what ReGor wrote and I have gained a lot more respect for Queen because of it.

O well...I am at a point now where I don't actually care anymore.

Probably best I leave.

• Like 1

I've said it before......The Prophet Song.......IMO.....Is and will always be.......a much better song.

but i still respect this song.

Mick

I think "The Prophet Song" is way over the top. Too much of those vocal harmonies make me want to hurl. Cut it out, or at least edit it down, and I think the song's strengths will stand out more.

I've said it before......The Prophet Song.......IMO.....Is and will always be.......a much better song.

Mick

I think "The Prophet Song" is way over the top. Too much of those vocal harmonies make me want to hurl. Cut it out, or at least edit it down, and I think the song's strengths will stand out more.

See And I LOVE how over board it is, lol. the "and now i know" acapella break is one of my fav Queen moments.

Mick

• Like 1

If I had to describe BH in words they would be epic, masterful and gorgeous.

When I first heard the song as a teenager I was just completely blown away by it and I still am.

However, the movie that is wayne's world pounded it into the ground and killed it.

Songs like that should not be allowed to be used for movies or commercials. They just destroy the visual and meaning of the song in one's imagination (for me anyway) and replace it with actors I don't want to see and products I don't want to use.

• Like 1

When I first heard the song as a teenager I was just completely blown away by it and I still am.

However, the movie that is wayne's world pounded it into the ground and killed it.

Songs like that should not be allowed to be used for movies or commercials. They just destroy the visual and meaning of the song in one's imagination (for me anyway) and replace it with actors I don't want to see and products I don't want to use.

I've seen this thread for several days, but I didn't read any of it until now...and blast if I wasn't also thinking of Wayne's World, just as I was reading the last three or four posts. I mean, it didn't enter my mind until just a moment ago. And then as soon as I exited the thread and went back to the MOTS screen, there's another post- and librarian has posted exactly what I was thinking about it! Haha...

Queen is not a favourite band of mine, but Bohemian Rhapsody is a brilliant creation. And I have the utmost respect for what they accomplished, even if they're really not my cup o' tea.

Whether you think Bohemian Rhapsody is a treasure or a turd, I don't believe its impact can ever be denied!

Edited by Blue J

Which is why I got upset when I found out Rush sold the rights to their music catalog.

Queen fan for 33 years now, probably my favourite band of all time, and my 2 sons are massive Queen fans.

But, if I hear Bo Rhap one more time, I'm going to buy a cat, just to kick it.

I utterly get it though, it is one of the all time greats, the story of its conception and birth is one of the great rock stories, but I'm f***ing sick of it.

• Like 1

Whether you think Bohemian Rhapsody is a treasure or a turd, I don't believe its impact can ever be denied!

:codger: It had no impact on me.

:LOL:

Fair enough.

I was just referring to the musical landscape in the mid-'70s.

• Like 1

Mick

See And I LOVE how over board it is, lol. the "and now i know" acapella break is one of my fav Queen moments.

Mick

The Prophet's Song is probably their greatest achievement.

That, & HOT SPACE!!!!! LET'S GO!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!! SPANK ME!!!!!

I f***ing ADORE Hot Space.

Playing A Night At The Opera.

Do I like it? No. Not really.

But I do like Brian May.

I've seen this thread for several days, but I didn't read any of it until now...and blast if I wasn't also thinking of Wayne's World, just as I was reading the last three or four posts. I mean, it didn't enter my mind until just a moment ago. And then as soon as I exited the thread and went back to the MOTS screen, there's another post- and librarian has posted exactly what I was thinking about it! Haha...

I should also add that I've never even seen the Wayne's World movie. But I've seen the particular scene where it appears, as it has been featured countless times elsewhere...

My 70's queen Ranking's for the Hell of it.

1 A Day at the Races

2. Sheer Heart Attack

3. Queen

4. Queen II

5. A Night at the Opera

6. News of the World

7. Jazz

Now they're all great to me. just my order of preference.

I'm not really an 80's queen guy. though the Game is awesome. As is the Works.

AND....they closed out Amazingly with Innuendo.

Mick

• Like 1

Found a seventies Queen song I like:

The Prophet Song. So far, that is it. But that is one more than yesterday!

• Like 2

:codger: It had no impact on me.

It almost single-handedly ended brought down the USSR, ending the Cold War. How's that for impact? :huh:
  • Like 2