Chicago, IL Periscope Thread - June 12th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Great show. They looked very locked in for set 2 and encore.

Sounded great. I guess it's just taken Al a little while to get the hang of it

Maybe he was a tad bit more rusty than Neil and Ged at the start of the tour. Or he's acquired better medicinal help since.

• Like 3

Great show. They looked very locked in for set 2 and encore.

Sounded great. I guess it's just taken Al a little while to get the hang of it

Maybe he was a tad bit more rusty than Neil and Ged at the start of the tour. Or he's acquired better medicinal help since.

Indoor gigs are easier on old arthritic hands... don't ask me how I know...

Tell you what...that was one of those shows where they were locked in & tight from the very beginning. I think I witnessed a magical event.

I agree! Best performance yet, even without the Puppet video at the end... ;)

Can't wait to hear the forthcoming boot(s), as I know there were tapers there tonight!

• Like 3

Peaet is wearing a fake mustache to start the 2nd half

I had plans and wasn't able to watch tonight. Was he really wearing a fake mustache?!

• Like 1

I had plans and wasn't able to watch tonight. Was he really wearing a fake mustache?!

Yes. For TS & YYZ

EXCELLENT!

Tell you what...that was one of those shows where they were locked in & tight from the very beginning. I think I witnessed a magical event.

It was killer! :cheers:

And I am glad I can finally come over to the spoilers forum. :cheerleader:

• Like 6

Yes. For TS & YYZ

I hope someone got pics of that!

That was the best show they've put on in years. Generally, the UC isn't that loud the past few times I've seen rush, but this was old school loud. I was damn happy. :)

Agreed. I was watching Al after hearing all about his trainwreck mistakes and I really only caught a couple. I think he started off wrong on the Roll the Bones solo and the different harmonics he's playing on Hemispheres kinda bugs me. But maybe he just decided to play different harmonics since I've heard that change on other vids. Other than that, he played really well and fluid...certainly no worse than any other concert I've seen. And he seemed to be in a more relaxed, goofier mood.

I noticed the Al side video screen swaying back and forth during OLV. It wasn't bugging me, but I was concerned that it would get out of control and cut loose. Wonder what was causing that, especially since the screen on the other side was still.

I noticed the Al side video screen swaying back and forth during OLV. It wasn't bugging me, but I was concerned that it would get out of control and cut loose. Wonder what was causing that, especially since the screen on the other side was still.

My dad and I saw that too. My guess is one of the early pyrotechnic blasts set it swaying. Very glad it didn't fall.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Man if I knew you were going to be there I woulda bought you a beer or two!

• Like 1

Man if I knew you were going to be there I woulda bought you a beer or two!

Hey, don't even worry about it but I appreciate the thought. It was truly an epic night! :haz:

We noticed that as well. It was rather curious

I was lucky enough to get one of the 'epic' seats...row 21, seat 12 in one of the front floor sections (thank you citi presale). I really have to question the guys next to me though. They were nice enough, but 2 of them on one side left before the encore. The guy on the other side missed the opening songs in both sets. For having expensive seats ($200ish at least), I would think they'd be locked and glued for every minute.

Oh well, their loss.

In the back on my mind, I was hoping for some type of prize for having the magic numbered seat. Just another folding seat. Oh well...great show anyway.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to get one of the 'epic' seats...row 21, seat 12 in one of the front floor sections (thank you citi presale). I really have to question the guys next to me though. They were nice enough, but 2 of them on one side left before the encore. The guy on the other side missed the opening songs in both sets. For having expensive seats ($200ish at least), I would think they'd be locked and glued for every minute.

Oh well, their loss.

In the back on my mind, I was hoping for some type of prize for having the magic numbered seat. Just another folding seat. Oh well...great show anyway.

Oh, wow, what a great idea that would have been for each arena!! Or maybe you needed to run your hand under the seat to see if anything was taped under there, haha. Just kidding, but took my kids to see the NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon speak at Hersheypark once and the people with a note taped under their chair got to go up and shake his hand and ask a question. A friend said they commonly do that (or used to) at amusement parks, Sea World, places like that, to pick people to come up to the stage. The Chicago show looked so awesome though!! Did you see Randy Johnson anywhere?

Oh well, their loss.

Oh, wow, what a great idea that would have been for each arena!! Or maybe you needed to run your hand under the seat to see if anything was taped under there, haha. Just kidding, but took my kids to see the NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon speak at Hersheypark once and the people with a note taped under their chair got to go up and shake his hand and ask a question. A friend said they commonly do that (or used to) at amusement parks, Sea World, places like that, to pick people to come up to the stage. The Chicago show looked so awesome though!! Did you see Randy Johnson anywhere?

Hmm no, didn't see any mysterious tall guy although it was reported that he was there.

• Like 1

Oh well, their loss.

Hmm no, didn't see any mysterious tall guy although it was reported that he was there.

I saw a guy every bit as tall as him in the swag line, but it wasn't him. Damn, this dude was tall.

Oh well, their loss.

I saw a guy every bit as tall as him in the swag line, but it wasn't him. Damn, this dude was tall.

I'm sure Randy was back stage

Oh well, their loss.

Emm yeeeeeah, I don't think Randy would need to be slumming in the swag line.