toscanobarga

What is your LEAST favorite album ?   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite

• A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures

If MP gets more votes and makes it a contest with AFTK, I may have to delete my PeW vote and go with MP to save AFTK.

I likes the way you think... :)
  • Like 1

To me, those high notes at the start of Madrigal are a strength of the song. Love Lifeson's guitar playing in that song--those great chords and the sound of his guitar (and especially when the 12-string acoustic comes in--such a great sound), combined with that great chorusy bass and vocal melody. Not to mention the understated electric swells in the background (someone correct me if I'm wrong about that). Very pretty song.
  • Like 2

To me, those high notes at the start of Madrigal are a strength of the song. Love Lifeson's guitar playing in that song--those great chords and the sound of his guitar (and especially when the 12-string acoustic comes in--such a great sound), combined with that great chorusy bass and vocal melody. Not to mention the understated electric swells in the background (someone correct me if I'm wrong about that). Very pretty song.

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

That is one f***ing ugly chick in my eyes.

I respectfully disagree. :)

Edited by bathory

Surprised AFtK is still there. There's only 3 good songs on it anyways

Can't let that one go. Couldn't disagree more and its kind of disappointing to read to be honest...

Sorry meant to say "3 Very good songs". The others are good, but I don't think it compares to the material on the other 3 albums featured here.

If you mean AFTK, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1, that's like 75% of the album though :) .

Surprised AFtK is still there. There's only 3 good songs on it anyways

Can't let that one go. Couldn't disagree more and its kind of disappointing to read to be honest...

Sorry meant to say "3 Very good songs". The others are good, but I don't think it compares to the material on the other 3 albums featured here.

If you mean CTTH, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1…

Fixed! ;)

^^ I could go with that, but now we're at about 2/3 of the album I'd guess. Still a strong argument for it though. Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

I could name a lot of tunes on the remaining albums (actually....all the songs on all the other albums I find better than Cygnus X-1) which is a cool song don't get me wrong. Again....overrated IMO among some of the fans.

Please, let's just get rid of PeW now before it's too late. We don' want that album to WIN, now do we? *nervous laughter*

AFTK deserves to outlast MP

:tsk:

For Xanadu alone it deserves to make the top 3, not to mention the title track, Cinderella Man, and Cygnus X-1 which are all some of their greatest songs of all time. CTTH and Madrigal are perfect album pieces and they round it out very nicely.

I listened to a hybrid, hour-long stretch of Kings and Hemispheres yesterday, that I put together just a couple of days ago.

Cueing up Permanent Waves for my drive home from work today. :)

I've not voted today- I can't stand to see any of them go.

I respectfully disagree. :)

Are you disagreeing with the original opinion, or the crass response to it? Or are you simply demonstrating how to disagree politely?

Just curious.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

In all honesty, Moving Pictures is my genuine pick for best album of these four. But AFTK is just too darn special to me.

I listened to a hybrid, hour-long stretch of Kings and Hemispheres yesterday, that I put together just a couple of days ago.

How did your hybrid sound?

How did your hybrid sound?

I love it!

I posted the track listing in the thread where It was being discussed the other day, and everybody who saw it said I should have put Xanadu as the opening song.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/92161-a-farewell-to-kings-vs-hemispheres/page__st__60

But I still like it.

Edited by Blue J

Voted Hems.

It will come second to Permanent Waves methinks.

And if it wins O well.

Voted Hems.

It will come second to Permanent Waves methinks.

And if it wins O well.

in a poll a while back it beat Waves, lol

Just sayin'

lol

Mick

Mick...LET IT GO!!

It shall win...but I don't care.