OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ Apr 18 2012, 10:04 AM)
Has anyone been able to decifer the middle section's weird narration voice?

No, it's really compressed sounding, the teaser sounds better to me audio-wise.

And I'll be the first to say it, just as I expected there's nothing "Bytor-ish" about it unless you want to count the drum fill. Not that that matters, just that people who were expecting Bytor part 2 were setting themselves up for a letdown. Ged sounds fine to me, I don't hear any straining as was commented on but of course now I've got to hear it another 20 times. There's not much of a hook to it, really.

This is the first time Rolling Stone has done anything right for Rush fans. LOVE THIS SONG!!!! 1022.gif Edited by USB Connector

VERY FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

1. The sound quality is horrible - I'm assuming this is because it's a compressed file on the Rolling Stone site and that it will sound much cleaner/clearer on the CD. The lyrics are VERY hard to make out.

2. VERY F*CKING HEAVY - definitely a continuation of the sound they started on CP and especially on T4E - not crazy about how relentlessly heavy it has to be.

3. Otherwise sounds pretty damn cool. For awhile I was afraid there would be no real guitar solo, just repeating of the main riff(s), but thankfully there was one in there - not the best Alex solo in the multiverse, but still really cool, and the instrumentation sounds great even with the muddiness of this version. I at least really like it, and I could grow to love it, especially when I can hear it clearer and discern the lyrics!

Edited by rushgoober

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Neil hasn't honestly played with this much intensity in DECADES. You can actually hear him playing as hard as he does live, which probably hasn't happened in a while (in the studio).

Also, how credible does the article about rush the cover of rolling stone seem now lol.

I dont wanna go to work. f**k.

7+ minutes of Goosebumps.

I can't remember a Rush song that grabbed me by the balls like this on a first listen. It has certainly been decades.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 18 2012, 11:11 AM)
VERY FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

1. The sound quality is horrible - I'm assuming this is because it's a compressed file on the Rolling Stone site and that it will sound much cleaner/clearer on the CD. The lyrics are VERY hard to make out.

I'm glad this wasn't just me. I'm listening to this in a library and I was thinking my earbuds died.