Is Eddie Van Halen A Rush Fan? "In The Heart Of

RUSHHEAD666

I'm really loving the new Van Halen album as I would assume most of you are!

It's fanfukkingtastic! I'm DEAF!!!

Anyway I had to play the acoustic guitar intro over and over again on "Blood And Fire."

It instantly reminded me of a few Rush acoustic guitar intros.

What do you think Rushheads?

"Blood And Fire"

"Closer To The Heart"

"The Trees"

"A Different Kind Of Truth" is "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"

Will "Clockwork Angels" top it??????????

1287.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Feb 7 2012, 10:31 PM)
I think you may be assuming prematurely.

Hahaha! Story of my life!!!

I will be honest and open hearted with my "Clockwork Angels" review but I just don't see how the new album will top this new Van Halen record.

Most humans thought that Eddie was washed up and done. Eddie is back and I am sure that his guitar work will blow Lifeson's away on "Clockwork." Will Geddy and Nick even let Alex solo for more that five seconds?

It doesn't matter at this point. Eddie is kicking my ass right now. A LEGEND!!

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Worth the 12 year wait!!

"While the servant waits the masturbates."

Signed,

"History Of The World Part I" 1022.gif

QUOTE (analog guy @ Feb 7 2012, 11:02 PM)
I will say this.... based on what I'm hearing so far, Tattoo was a pretty bad choice as the single.

Hey!

I would compare "Tattoo" to "Jump." It's the first song on the record. After the the album will melt your ears and smoke your brain into a bloody pulp!!!

The cops might be coming by my house tonight.

I'm cranking it again!!

Not sure if "Clockwork" will even come close to this sonic brilliance.

Cheers!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 8 2012, 12:23 AM)

Anyway I had to play the acoustic guitar intro over and over again on "Blood And Fire."

"Blood And Fire"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY7ZqN8Ksdg

"Closer To The Heart"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quBCjo2rUZg

"The Trees"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHEcIbhDiw

"A Different Kind Of Truth" is "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"

Will "Clockwork Angels" top it??????????

1287.gif

Yikes....what I'm hearing sounds pretty awful. Music is ok, but Dave sounds awful. Geddy on his worse vocal day is way more cohesive with the music than Dave is.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 8 2012, 01:02 AM)

I will be honest and open hearted with my "Clockwork Angels" review but I just don't see how the new album will top this new Van Halen record.

Most humans thought that Eddie was washed up and done. Eddie is back and I am sure that his guitar work will blow Lifeson's away on "Clockwork." Will Geddy and Nick even let Alex solo for more that five seconds?

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Worth the 12 year wait!!

Signed,

Are you freakin serious---that piece of crap stinks---and who is the bass player? Wolfgang Van Tubby?. Rehashed old garbage, with a washed up old clown as a singer-----HORRIBLE 2.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 7 2012, 11:02 PM)

Earl, although I'm digging the new VH album, I believe you will eat your words when CA comes out! Just listen to BU2B and Caravan in case you forgot what we are all waiting for from Rush!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Feb 8 2012, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 7 2012, 11:02 PM)

Earl, although I'm digging the new VH album, I believe you will eat your words when CA comes out! Just listen to BU2B and Caravan in case you forgot what we are all waiting for from Rush!

goodpost.gif

Eddie and Alex have praised each others work over the years...I actually think lifeson was problem more influenced by Eddie than the other way around...listen the freewill solo...pyrotechnic flash...

As far as the comparisons between the two bands...they both rock in their own way...vastly different attitudes and approach

Hey Earl........... cool10.gif

Apples and Oranges . They Never sounded the same. In their prime for both bands in 1981, they never sounded alike . Enjoy both albums this year, cause i don't think it's gonna happen ever agian for the two of them

QUOTE (Sin City @ Feb 8 2012, 01:38 PM)
Anyone ever think l can't stop loving you sounded like time stand still- even has castanets in it as well iirc?

Since i think both songs Suck, yeah i guess biggrin.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 8 2012, 05:23 AM)

"Blood And Fire"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY7ZqN8Ksdg

1287.gif

That's f***ing dreadful. A total crock.

I liked VH back in the day but that's horrific car crash fare.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Feb 8 2012, 10:26 AM)

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Worth the 12 year wait!!

Signed,

Are you freakin serious---that piece of crap stinks---and who is the bass player? Wolfgang Van Tubby?. Rehashed old garbage, with a washed up old clown as a singer-----HORRIBLE 2.gif

Sorry Dude, but Wolfgang is keeping up with his dad on several intricate parts on different songs! The man can play and sing! He's not Micheal Anthony but he more than does the job and adds a bit. Check out the entrance to China Town!

Yes thats him doing hammer- ons with the bass! As for the album its Powerful and Raw! Dave's voice could be better but hey, Geddy's voice (All though much better) isn't was it was in the 80's either. Give the band their props, They've erned it! Its a very good VH album!

1022.gif 1022.gif

I'm not feeling the new VH work. Dave would of been good in 96 but now his voice is shot. I just want to make one point about Wolfgang and Micheal . If back in the day MA said to Eddie " Hey I want to explore more intricate bass parts " Eddie would of thrown him out on his ear. All Eddie wanted from MA was a quarter note thump and maybe a fill now and then . he didn't want any other instruments in the band stepping on his fills.But now that HIS SON is the Bass player suddenly VH gets it own version of Billy Sheehan. I was a huge VH fan in the past but I see hear little reason now to buy this CD . VH as a Rush fan ? NO Eddie is only interested in stealing riffs from Trevor Rabin .

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Feb 8 2012, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Feb 8 2012, 10:26 AM)

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Worth the 12 year wait!!

Signed,

Sorry Dude, but Wolfgang is keeping up with his dad on several intricate parts on different songs! The man can play and sing! He's not Micheal Anthony but he more than does the job and adds a bit. Check out the entrance to China Town!

Yes thats him doing hammer- ons with the bass! As for the album its Powerful and Raw! Dave's voice could be better but hey, Geddy's voice (All though much better) isn't was it was in the 80's either. Give the band their props, They've erned it! Its a very good VH album!

1022.gif 1022.gif

I would rather listen to Alfred E. Newnan's " its a gas". 2.gif

Yeah real intellgent lyrics for tattoo, Its van halen or david lee roth letting the world know Hey, we are aware of the tattoo craze since we last left in 1984..

Very deep meaningfull lyrics there. Van halens legacy is totally destroyed over the years. too much controversy . I think alot of old fans are so glad to see them back with david lee, they will take anything the band puts out and force themsleves to like it , just cause its van halen with david lee...

QUOTE (reani14 @ Feb 8 2012, 09:21 PM)
Yeah real intellgent lyrics for tattoo, Its van halen or david lee roth letting the world know Hey, we are aware of the tattoo craze since we last left in 1984..
Very deep meaningfull lyrics there. Van halens legacy is totally destroyed over the years. too much controversy . I think alot of old fans are so glad to see them back with david lee, they will take anything the band puts out and force themsleves to like it , just cause its van halen with david lee...

Except for some of Sammy's songs, VH has never had serious lyrics, especially with Roth. I'm not sure what you were expecting but intelligent lyrics isn't something Roth does. He has some clever word play but he's never deep or thought provoking at all.