Terrible Neil Peart lyrics?

StellarJetman

OK maybe you have your opinion

So who am I to say it is wrong

In a different mood I may agree, they did change things a bit

But the Pistols were no more of a marketing tool for MacLaren and Westwood in my opinion

Just my opinion

Elvis Costello, The Clash, The Stranglers, etc were more important and relevant artists in that genre and era in my humble opinion.

Sorry about the rant, I just find Lydon and co bit of hypocrites who have sold out

Just my opinion

Thanks

Steve

No Steve! You are cool! Many forum members on here hate me, yet many love me too! LOL!

I am glad you can see through my mask.

I love Elvis Costello and the Attractions!

I saw The Clash open for The Who in 1982! It's the reason why I am here. Changed my little teen life!

Of course Steve! I mentioned it my last post. Steve Vai is on COMPACT DISC!

"May the road rise with you......"

BLACK RUBBER BAGS!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Musical tastes are a very emotive subject,

I do like the raw power of NMTB, I just don't agree that it was anything other than a marketing tool, just my opinion again.

Yes there was a lot of great music that came out of the Punk Era, sorry I did not mean it to be a blanket slagging.

The Clash were a great great band, they adopted multi cultural influences when the UK was going through a terrible time with racial problems and a racist police force.

Elvis Costello was signed to a record label under his real name "Declan McManus". He had a great love of country and bluegrass music. The record hired an American band called "Clover" to do his demos. They were a country rock band with Huey Lewis on lead vocal and harmonica and John McVey as a multi instrumentalist on guitar, pedal steel guitar and fiddle. Huey was not needed so he spent the week chilling and sightseeing in London.

By the time the demos were completed Punk Rock was kicking in big time so they hired Steve Naïve and his band to give the sound a harder more aggressive edge and changed his name to Elvis Costello. He wrote punk and ska influenced tracks and the rest as they say is history.

A true story I promise :sundog:

Take care

Steve

• Like 1

I do like the raw power of NMTB, I just don't agree that it was anything other than a marketing tool, just my opinion again.

Yes there was a lot of great music that came out of the Punk Era, sorry I did not mean it to be a blanket slagging.

The Clash were a great great band, they adopted multi cultural influences when the UK was going through a terrible time with racial problems and a racist police force.

Elvis Costello was signed to a record label under his real name "Declan McManus". He had a great love of country and bluegrass music. The record hired an American band called "Clover" to do his demos. They were a country rock band with Huey Lewis on lead vocal and harmonica and John McVey as a multi instrumentalist on guitar, pedal steel guitar and fiddle. Huey was not needed so he spent the week chilling and sightseeing in London.

By the time the demos were completed Punk Rock was kicking in big time so they hired Steve Naïve and his band to give the sound a harder more aggressive edge and changed his name to Elvis Costello. He wrote punk and ska influenced tracks and the rest as they say is history.

Take care

Steve

Steve! You Rock!

You just educated me about Elvis!

See what happens when two people can disagree about a certain band yet "Come Together" as one whole intellectual entity!

You are a good guy. Don't believe everything I type on here like the people who hate me.

I know you are good.

Cheers and take care too!

LONG LIVE ROCK I NEED IT EVERY DAY!

Love,

THE WHO

• Like 1

Hey Earl no worries

It is good that we can express an opinion from time to time.

In the late 70's early 80's the UK was in a very bad way regarding race relations. In London there was a police unit called SPG (Special Patrol Group).

They were basically a bunch of horrible thick racist cops who would just drive around at night in a van and beat the shit out of black people or anyone else they did not like the look of. It ended up with ethnic minorities rioting and the SPG were disbanded after that.

This is a wonderful clip from a great comedy show at the time and sums it up perfectly.

So funny!!!

I hope you enjoy

KR's

Steve

• Like 1

Hey Earl no worries

It is good that we can express an opinion from time to time.

In the late 70's early 80's the UK was in a very bad way regarding race relations. In London there was a police unit called SPG (Special Patrol Group).

They were basically a bunch of horrible thick racist cops who would just drive around at night in a van and beat the shit out of black people or anyone else they did not like the look of. It ended up with ethnic minorities rioting and the SPG were disbanded after that.

This is a wonderful clip from a great comedy show at the time and sums it up perfectly.

So funny!!!

I hope you enjoy

KR's

Steve

Wow Steve!

Thanks for the education before bed!

That's terrible!

I love SKA! I love The Specials!

FISHBONE is one of my most favorite bands in the world! Check them out! ReRushed will back me up!

"In Your Face" Rules!!

Angelo Moore is the singer. He is my Hero! I've met him!

Cheers!

And to really go overboard on the Rush Forum.

As Fishbone would say and I have their motto on a t-shirt....

FUCKK RACISM!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Take care

Steve

Yeah the Pistols were staged just like the Monkees.

PiL was a legit concern.

• Like 1

Take care

Steve

Yeah the Pistols were staged just like the Monkees.

This is why neither band can be blamed or looked down upon for selling out. It's part of what they were.

And I do enjoy both bands to a degree

I know it's a well-loved tune here, but "Territories" always makes me wince.

(To counter, I enjoy his lyrics in "The Camera Eye" as they're concerned with being descriptive, and are interestingly structured; as opposed to just being point-of-view on various themes - "me me me I I I we we we ". There is at times a smug remoteness in his lyrics that does not add to my enjoyment of the music, "Territories" for example! You can almost see him shake his head and ruefully smile while muttering "oh won't they ever learn...")

Just my Canadian two cents worth - which ain't worth nuthin'. :no:

Yes the late 70's and early 80's was a bad time in the UK with racial problems with the police and the establishment

But it was also a great melting pot of musical influences that we take for granted now.

Punk, New Wave, Ska, Reggae, Soul, Motown, rock and jazz influences all came together in a wonderful way to say to the establishment - "f**k you!!!, we are one together, you will never destroy or break our spirit!!!"

When I feel down I just listen to Bob Marley - "Don't worry about a thing, coz every little thing's gonna be alright"

Love and Peace :sundog:

Alien Shore lyrics

Not good not good not good, from opening line to closing statement.

"we reject those narrow attitudes". Wince.

Best song about chromosomes: Mongoloid by Devo

turkeymonkey.jpeg?w=655

:haz:

Steve and Earl in the same thread. :popcorn:

http://i1.wp.com/www.actionfigureinsider.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/LegoBizarro-Supes-Bizarro.jpg

I am Earl now, Steve has gone to his sad cave to feel sorry for himself and persecuted for the time being

:LOL:

http://i.imgur.com/lqKlotB.png