Your most hated vegetable :(

Steevo

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 20 2010, 10:27 AM)
Okra is one of those vegetables that is good prepared in one way but horrible in another way. I have to eat it fried, I love it! But I will not eat it stewed, it's slimy.

Okra is one of my favorite vegetables. I love it stewed. My grandmother used to make it all the time. She also made dandeloins with dandolion tea. I used to love it when I was younger.

I thought I had it down, no - some chimed in with some really good ones I hadn't thought about like:

Beets (argh 062802puke_prv.gif)

Okra (I had this last year fried in NC, and I'm sorry, but ew!!!)

Green Peas (although baby peas are not that bad really, and I do like pea soup)

Olives (kryptonite) laugh.gif Olive loaf (o lord, just kill me)

Canned creamed corn (you just want to yak mentioning it! wacko.gif ) I just remember sitting at the table staring at it for hours - wasn't allowed to leave the table if you didn't finish your dinner. There were some long nights...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 20 2010, 02:25 PM)
My mother-in-law always makes vegetables out of a can (microwaved no less!), and they always taste bland and lifeless. It's not even cheaper to eat them that way, so it's only the convenience factor. I'd much rather go to a little more effort and enjoy better tasting food. Bleh.

Frozen vegetables, while still being a far cry ( wink.gif ) from fresh vegetables, are much better - or at least tolerable. The only frozen food vegetables I eat regularly are brussel sprouts - steam those puppies and add some butter and salt and yummo!

Bet you've got some nasty farts after eating those brussels sprouts. Does your wife make you sleep outside?

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 20 2010, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 20 2010, 02:25 PM)
My mother-in-law always makes vegetables out of a can (microwaved no less!), and they always taste bland and lifeless.  It's not even cheaper to eat them that way, so it's only the convenience factor.  I'd much rather go to a little more effort and enjoy better tasting food.  Bleh.

Frozen vegetables, while still being a far cry ( wink.gif ) from fresh vegetables, are much better - or at least tolerable.  The only frozen food vegetables I eat regularly are brussel sprouts - steam those puppies and add some butter and salt and yummo!

Bet you've got some nasty farts after eating those brussels sprouts. Does your wife make you sleep outside?

When you've been married long enough though, you start having competitions.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 20 2010, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 20 2010, 10:27 AM)
Okra is one of those vegetables that is good prepared in one way but horrible in another way. I have to eat it fried, I love it! But I will not eat it stewed, it's slimy.

Okra is one of my favorite vegetables. I love it stewed. My grandmother used to make it all the time. She also made dandeloins with dandolion tea. I used to love it when I was younger.

eww, slimy stewed okra. bleah

I want to know how people can eat yams with marshmallows on them on Thanksgiving on their plate.

It is like having a scoop of ice cream with turkey and gravy on stuffing on it.

It's just.......wrong. tongue.gif

Edited by librarian

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 21 2010, 04:24 PM)
I want to know how people can eat yams with marshmallows on them on Thanksgiving on their plate.

mashed sweet potatoes spread in a foil pan. cover 1/2 with marshmellows and brown under broiler for those of us who like it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 21 2010, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 21 2010, 04:24 PM)

mashed sweet potatoes spread in a foil pan. cover 1/2 with marshmellows and brown under broiler for those of us who like it. biggrin.gif

I steer clear of that shit, too.

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 21 2010, 03:24 PM)

My wife's family makes that shit, to me, it's disgusting. I can't even abide the smell of it.

Lettuce. It's useless filler.

We for some reason want it on Tacos and Burgers. INSANITY

And full of Ecoli....

• Like 1