Your most hated vegetable :(

Steevo

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 20 2010, 05:44 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 20 2010, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Soni @ Oct 19 2010, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 19 2010, 11:44 PM)
One thing I don't usually ever like is raw vegetables, except mushrooms.

and you like psychedelic music...

1022.gif 1022.gif

not THOSE kinds of mushrooms tongue.gif

you lunatic, those are the best ones!!!

Oh YA! yes.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 19 2010, 03:25 PM)
"How can you hate cucumbers, they're almost completely water?"

"So is urine, I don't drink that either".

laugh.gif

If they're almost completely water, that sure is some vile tasting water.

Ironically, I love pickles, but cucumbers - 062802puke_prv.gif

Okra is one of those vegetables that is good prepared in one way but horrible in another way. I have to eat it fried, I love it! But I will not eat it stewed, it's slimy.

I also don't like sprouts. Carrots, no matter how they are prepared, raw, or cooked, I just don't like. Too bad when I get a prepackaged salad, carrots are always in there.

I love cucumbers, but usually I eat them with in vinegar or in oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.

I've had cucumbers on a turkey sandwich. Very good with salt and pepper.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 19 2010, 10:44 PM)
Sprouts, turnips, swedes, etc... YUKKK(!) I feel like I wanna HEAVE at these things!

And parsnips... Blehhh(!) Pumpkins.

Pickled onions.

Radishes.

Beetroot.

Cauliflower.

Oh now I feel sick......

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 20 2010, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Oct 20 2010, 12:41 PM)
I like most vegetables, except for brussels sprouts and asparagus  062802puke_prv.gif

MMM asparagus drool1.gif

I love asparagus as well. Steamed just a little to get the "raw" out of it. Especially tasty with a little white Worcestershire drizzled on it.

Whoever said they hate canned vegetables - ick, I totally agree. Veg-All has got to be one of the biggest food crimes ever perpetrated.

One exception: in the winter it's hard to get decent tomatoes, so sometimes I will buy canned and drain them well to put on salads. They've just got more taste than the yucky winter varieties.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 19 2010, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 19 2010, 05:38 PM)
The devil's food:  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4056/27637893.png

MMM BRUSSEL SPROUTS! drool1.gif

Those are delicious but I never cook them. They smell like feet when you do that no.gif

My mom cooks them and my brothers and sister loves them. I don't like then either..

My mother-in-law always makes vegetables out of a can (microwaved no less!), and they always taste bland and lifeless. It's not even cheaper to eat them that way, so it's only the convenience factor. I'd much rather go to a little more effort and enjoy better tasting food. Bleh.

Frozen vegetables, while still being a far cry ( wink.gif ) from fresh vegetables, are much better - or at least tolerable. The only frozen food vegetables I eat regularly are brussel sprouts - steam those puppies and add some butter and salt and yummo!

Beets. They are the only vegetable I will not eat. I love my veggies. I always have. In fact, Brussels sprouts are one of my favorites. One time, when I was a kid, I had an absolute conniption because my mom hadn't prepared any and apparently I had a serious jones on for those. I've always been a veggie eater.

My freezer is constantly packed with veggies. Spinach, Brussels sprouts, corn on the cob, pearl onions and squash take up the most room.

Birds Eye has this great cooked squash. It's so easy to prepare. I just warm it up in a saucepan (after thawing in the micro) with a little chicken broth, butter, salt and brown sugar. It's so good. The kids love it. And that to me is the true test. If the kids will eat it, then it's a winner.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 20 2010, 01:58 PM)
My freezer is constantly packed with veggies. Spinach, Brussels sprouts, corn on the cob, pearl onions and squash take up the most room.

Birds Eye has this great cooked squash. It's so easy to prepare. I just warm it up in a saucepan (after thawing in the micro) with a little chicken broth, butter, salt and brown sugar. It's so good. The kids love it. And that to me is the true test. If the kids will eat it, then it's a winner.

yup same here. i stock up on frozen veggies from trader joe's. i like the frozen spinach and the fire roasted peppers and onions which are great for fajitas and with eggs.

I do have one really, ultra-important question here:

Does anyone use the word "vegetables" anymore? Sure, I've seen a few uses in this thread, but it seems like it's been replaced mostly with veggies in the mainstream vocabulary.

For the record (and as if any of you cared), this is a major pet peeve of mine. I HATE "veggies". Not the food - the word.

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 20 2010, 03:35 PM)
I do have one really, ultra-important question here:

Does anyone use the word "vegetables" anymore?  Sure, I've seen a few uses in this thread, but it seems like it's been replaced mostly with veggies in the mainstream vocabulary.

For the record (and as if any of you cared), this is a major pet peeve of mine.  I HATE "veggies".  Not the food - the word.

i guess you hate rbi's or ribbies as baseball fans call it. laugh.gif

are you an english teacher? unsure.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight