Your most hated vegetable :(

Steevo

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 19 2010, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 19 2010, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 19 2010, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 19 2010, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 19 2010, 04:56 PM)
Broccoli rabe. Bitter, bitter, bitter. And I keep trying it because I'm half Italian and I'm supposed to like it, but I keep hating it. I do like broccoli and broccolini, though.

Don't like turnips, either. Other than those, I love veggies.

if it's made the right way it's very good. i get it at a place that makes with with alot of garlic and broth, sausage over a pasta. sprinkle some good cheese over the top and it's good.

That's what I'm saying. I've had it every which way you can make it. I've never liked it. fists crying.gif

if you've had it the way i mentioned, and you still don't like it, there's no hope. maybe try escarole. one of my favs is 'scarole and beans. biggrin.gif

I have. There's no hope. sad.gif

I love 'scarole and beans. My dad makes it great. Yum.

With any veggie like that, sauteed with just garlic and olive oil is all you need. If it doesn't taste good made like that then fuhgeddaboutit.

sometimes i turn it into 'scarole and bean soup just by adding some college inn chicken broth. perfect meal. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Maples @ Oct 19 2010, 07:48 PM)
Beets, they taste like dirt to me, and collard Greens, disgusting.

Are you talking canned beets, or fresh? To me, fresh beets are sweet and yummy. Canned beets taste horrible.

In fact, I can't think of a single canned veggie that tastes good.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 19 2010, 07:51 PM)
Broccoli rabe. Bitter, bitter, bitter. And I keep trying it because I'm half Italian and I'm supposed to like it, but I keep hating it. I do like broccoli and broccolini, though.

if it's made the right way it's very good. i get it at a place that makes with with alot of garlic and broth, sausage over a pasta. sprinkle some good cheese over the top and it's good.

That's what I'm saying. I've had it every which way you can make it. I've never liked it. fists crying.gif

if you've had it the way i mentioned, and you still don't like it, there's no hope. maybe try escarole. one of my favs is 'scarole and beans. biggrin.gif

With any veggie like that, sauteed with just garlic and olive oil is all you need. If it doesn't taste good made like that then fuhgeddaboutit.

sometimes i turn it into 'scarole and bean soup just by adding some college inn chicken broth. perfect meal. biggrin.gif

Yep, my dad makes that, too. Usually with some Italian sausage mixed in. Awesome soup. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 19 2010, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 19 2010, 07:51 PM)

Yep, my dad makes that, too. Usually with some Italian sausage mixed in. Awesome soup. yes.gif

we're on the same page. don't forget a little vino on the side. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 19 2010, 05:02 PM)
Green beans... ever since I was a kid. They are so gross. 062802puke_prv.gif

Ditto-I can still smell the way the kitchen rotted after my mom cooked the life out of them. Can't even look at them on the food network without looking for my happy place.

Excellent replies!! Just to clarify, I do eat veggies a lot, but only a select few smile.gif Anyways, to turn the tables, my love of Broccoli, infact I *crown* them the king. Dig it!! cool.gif

It aint me before you ask biggrin.gif

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/420/72984810.jpg

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 19 2010, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (The Maples @ Oct 19 2010, 07:48 PM)
Beets, they taste like dirt to me, and collard Greens, disgusting.

Are you talking canned beets, or fresh? To me, fresh beets are sweet and yummy. Canned beets taste horrible.

In fact, I can't think of a single canned veggie that tastes good.

Mmmm I LOVE fresh beets!! Have some friends that grew some wonderful beets this summer in their garden... I hope to grow some of my own this Spring/Summer. biggrin.gif

http://www.kosher.com/kosher/items/FrozenVegetablesBeansCarrotsPeas-BirdsEyeFordhookLimaBeans_zoom_image1_25838.jpg

I would rather DIE.....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 19 2010, 05:35 PM)

Put a little vinegar in the water, it takes the bitterness out.

As for me, the one I can't stand is okra.

I'll eat any other veggie.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Oct 19 2010, 06:43 PM)

No gumbo for you!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 19 2010, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Oct 19 2010, 06:43 PM)

No gumbo for you!

tongue.gif

Gumbo? yuck!

Jambalya, yum.

Beets

Radishes

Celery (is that even a vegetable?)

Carrots (I do like steamed baby carrots, however)

Turnip greens/collard greens

And of course, the one that started the thread, brussels sprouts. Think all the worst attributes of cabbage, magnified x100 and crammed into a smaller package.

I LOVE onions - raw, caramelized, you name it - but don't eat them. There's something about them that takes days to leave my system. I can't get the taste out of my mouth no matter how many times I brush my teeth. I've even tried DRINKING mouthwash to get it to go away. Sometimes I get tempted to order onion rings and then I think, "do I really want to taste them for the next 48 hours?"

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 19 2010, 05:38 PM)
The devil's food: 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4056/27637893.png

MMM BRUSSEL SPROUTS! drool1.gif

Those are delicious but I never cook them. They smell like feet when you do that no.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 19 2010, 08:30 PM)
http://www.kosher.com/kosher/items/FrozenVegetablesBeansCarrotsPeas-BirdsEyeFordhookLimaBeans_zoom_image1_25838.jpg

I would rather DIE.....

Right there with you, man.

And add mushrooms, butter beans, Brussels sprouts and peas to the list. Other than that, I like vegetables.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 19 2010, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 19 2010, 05:38 PM)
The devil's food:  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4056/27637893.png

MMM BRUSSEL SPROUTS! drool1.gif

Those are delicious but I never cook them. They smell like feet when you do that no.gif

Wait... you eat those Hellsprouts RAW?!!

UGH!!!

Any time I see a recipe for something like "Harvest Root Vegetable Soup", I know to skip it. Yuk. Those are always the same off-putting shade of orangey-brown. Like baby food.

I've been thinking on this one, and really, I've realized that if you have to dig it out of the earth, I am not eating it. The exception is potatoes. I loves me some spuds.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 20 2010, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Soni @ Oct 19 2010, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 19 2010, 11:44 PM)
One thing I don't usually ever like is raw vegetables, except mushrooms.

and you like psychedelic music...

1022.gif 1022.gif

not THOSE kinds of mushrooms tongue.gif

you lunatic, those are the best ones!!!