HOW????

Necromancer

HOW is it possible that with all the talented musicians in the world... all the great guitarists, and great drummers and bass players... singers, keyboards, horns... etc. etc.... HOW is it possible....

THAT NICKLEBACK IS SUCCESSFUL???

I don't even want to hear it from anyone who even DARES to think this band has ANY talent. KROEGER is the absolute WORST singer in rock... or whatever it is you want to call this pop-crap.

Not only are they successful... but they are HUGE. ohmy.gif

HOW???

confused13.gif

Seriously... they've probably already outsold 2.gif That's just unreal.

THEY SUCK!!! NO VALUE AT ALL. no.gif

CeeJ has that bullshit song, I Wanna Be A Rockstar, or whatever it's called on her MySpace. I almost get VIOLENT when I hear that shit. It totally ruined my ride home as it came on the radio and the driver actually CRANKED it up. ohmy.gif confused13.gif

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT????

Is it just me, or when the guy with the deep voice says... "BEEN THERE... DONE THAT" about the mile high club.... does anyone else's skin just crawl at the LAMENESS???

Discuss. Unless you're pro-NickleCock. Cuz if you are, you obviously have no taste in music and it's impossible to believe you would like 2.gif Therefore you don't belong here.

Like my common sense on that??? tongue.gif

laugh.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 26 2008, 03:33 PM)
HOW is it possible that with all the talented musicians in the world... all the great guitarists, and great drummers and bass players... singers, keyboards, horns... etc. etc.... HOW is it possible....

I don't even want to hear it from anyone who even DARES to think this band has ANY talent. KROEGER is the absolute WORST singer in rock... or whatever it is you want to call this pop-crap.

HOW???

confused13.gif

CeeJ has that bullshit song, I Wanna Be A Rockstar, or whatever it's called on her MySpace. I almost get VIOLENT when I hear that shit. It totally ruined my ride home as it came on the radio and the driver actually CRANKED it up. ohmy.gif confused13.gif

Is it just me, or when the guy with the deep voice says... "BEEN THERE... DONE THAT" about the mile high club.... does anyone else's skin just crawl at the LAMENESS???

Discuss. Unless you're pro-NickleCock. Cuz if you are, you obviously have no taste in music and it's impossible to believe you would like 2.gif Therefore you don't belong here.

laugh.gif

A liitle too much coffee, Necromancer?

QUOTE (Lenerd @ Mar 26 2008, 04:36 PM)

I don't even want to hear it from anyone who even DARES to think this band has ANY talent.  KROEGER is the absolute WORST singer in rock... or whatever it is you want to call this pop-crap. 

Not only are they successful... but they are HUGE.  ohmy.gif 

HOW??? 

confused13.gif 

Seriously... they've probably already outsold 2.gif  That's just unreal. 

THEY SUCK!!!  NO VALUE AT ALL.  no.gif 

CeeJ has that bullshit song, I Wanna Be A Rockstar, or whatever it's called on her MySpace.  I almost get VIOLENT when I hear that shit.  It totally ruined my ride home as it came on the radio and the driver actually CRANKED it up.  ohmy.gif  confused13.gif 

Discuss.  Unless you're pro-NickleCock.  Cuz if you are, you obviously have no taste in music and it's impossible to believe you would like 2.gif  Therefore you don't belong here. 

Like my common sense on that???  tongue.gif 

laugh.gif

A liitle too much coffee, Necromancer?

Actually... yeah. laugh.gif

Otherwise, i would have just slept through it. z7shysterical.gif

I don't like Nickelback either.

I think it's because the music industry is all in cahoots. They push these bands on us. They get all the radio play, all the advertising, and the CDs displayed at the front of the store. I don't like much of the new stuff these days. It all sounds the same to me. Once in a while I hear a new band that sounds good, but it's pretty rare.

QUOTE (Natch @ Mar 26 2008, 04:39 PM)
I don't like Nickelback either.

I think it's because the music industry is all in cahoots. They push these bands on us. They get all the radio play, all the advertising, and the CDs displayed at the front of the store. I don't like much of the new stuff these days. It all sounds the same to me. Once in a while I hear a new band that sounds good, but it's pretty rare.

But I think Nickleshlong is like some kind of evil experiment where they force this crap down our throats and then laugh their asses off at how many fall for it.

Am I wrong here... or are the fans of this band seriously without any musical taste?

Okay... i know that's a strongly pompous, elitist type way of thinking. I'm not ever like that... but this "rock" band is just off the charts bad. I can not wrap my head around their success.

The only thing I can see is the hook. They do have the hook. But is the hook THAT strong that everything else about this band, especially Kroeger's talents (or lack thereof) overlooked?

Are we REALLY on that level of sheepdom???

Is there ANY hope out there???

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 26 2008, 03:51 PM)
"Nickelcock" is worse than the band.

*snicker*

sorry, I'm 12-years-old at heart confused13.gif

Anyway, I'm with you on this one, Necro. Absolute crap. My husband loves them, gushes when they come on the radio. I keep my mouth shut, though, just to keep the peace. There's no arguing with him on stuff like this. But, when that Photograph song was on the A loop on the radio, I just about lost my ever-lovin' mind. wacko.gif

As for why so many horrible bands find success lies in the combination of how a record label markets them and the gullibility of the masses to simply accept whatever is thrown at them. I don't think the labels even measure the true talent of these bands before they start shoving them down our throats. The mentality is: What will these simpletons (that would be us, the public) go ape shit over? It's been that way since the beginning. It's nothing new.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 26 2008, 05:13 PM)

*snicker*

Anyway, I'm with you on this one, Necro. Absolute crap. My husband loves them, gushes when they come on the radio. I keep my mouth shut, though, just to keep the peace. There's no arguing with him on stuff like this. But, when that Photograph song was on the A loop on the radio, I just about lost my ever-lovin' mind. wacko.gif

As for why so many horrible bands find success lies in the combination of how a record label markets them and the gullibility of the masses to simply accept whatever is thrown at them. I don't think the labels even measure the true talent of these bands before they start shoving them down our throats. The mentality is: What will these simpletons (that would be us, the public) go ape shit over? It's been that way since the beginning. It's nothing new.

I know it's nothing new, but you would think we'd evolve enough to stop falling for it, y'know?

At least for any band as horrible as NickleSuck.

z7shysterical.gif

Sorry for being an immature twit MD. moon.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 26 2008, 04:15 PM)

*snicker*

I know it's nothing new, but you would think we'd evolve enough to stop falling for it, y'know?

z7shysterical.gif

Well, WE have evolved beyond it, Necro. That's why WE're Rush fans. Remember? biggrin.gif

...haven't evolved beyond giving bands silly names, though. I'm still giggling. tongue.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 26 2008, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 26 2008, 04:15 PM)

*snicker*

z7shysterical.gif

Well, WE have evolved beyond it, Necro. That's why WE're Rush fans. Remember? biggrin.gif

...haven't evolved beyond giving bands silly names, though. I'm still giggling. tongue.gif

Oh yeah... WE as in those of us in here that agree, but I was temporarily considering myself part of the whole human race.

And we ALL know i'm far MORE than just that. biggrin.gif

Being that they're from Canada... i wish 2.gif would temporarily go insane and beat the hell out of NickleDork. That would be awesome. yes.gif

HOW???

confused13.gif

laugh.gif

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

H. L. Mencken

There's a small niche in the market which allows a band to be a simple rock band and achieve worlwide success, and for those who don't really want too much experimentalism with their music. Nickelback have that market sorted.

I don't really mind them. I own a couple of albums, and there are alot of things out there that are worse.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 26 2008, 12:33 PM)

HOW???

confused13.gif

laugh.gif

I HATE NICKELBACK....his voice just sucks....and i often wonder why people with absoulutely no talent become succesful. Like basically anyone in the rap industry who get other people to write rhyms that talk about doing drugs or "screwing your ho". And then they throw a drum machine track over with random shouts of YEA and it is a hit.......and the people dont even know what the lyircs are saying....god....i hate it so much,,,, and i have to hear this crap alot casue im in middle school...!!!!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 26 2008, 09:15 PM)

*snicker*

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah, reminds me of Floydfanatic, he was great at the old "splicing".

But, Nickelcock is frigging hilarious!

Nickeldick are truly awful.

What makes it worse is that they are up there on stage with their ridiculous paint-by-numbers noodlings, and their giving it this big attitude as if they've just written Stairway to Heaven or something

Utter bollocks

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 26 2008, 07:22 PM)
Nickeldick are truly awful.

What makes it worse is that they are up there on stage with their ridiculous paint-by-numbers noodlings, and their giving it this big attitude as if they've just written Stairway to Heaven or something

Utter bollocks

You nailed it right on the head Fridge.

You just KNOW that Chad Kroeger NEVER got laid in his life until Nicklespurts made it big. And yet he wrote these songs as if he was some kind of STUD.

OH MY GOD!!!! I just realized that horrible part of it now. Due to the success... Kroeger actually gets LAID. Probably more than I ever did in my life. fists crying.gif

So wrong... so wrong. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 26 2008, 12:33 PM)

HOW???

confused13.gif

laugh.gif

I 100% agree to the max

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

I can't believe that all of you feel this way.

I mean... I don't listen to them daily but I like them.

Did any of you give them a try?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKtIqpxKt4o

I am not here to sway you one way or another cause

everyone has their own taste. But I like them.

trink39.gif

Archived