Random Poll: Favorite Popular Restaurant?

_hi_water._

7 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite popular restaurant?

• Applebee's
    • Arby's
    • Buffalo Wild Wings
    • Burger King
    • Chick-Fil-A
    • Chipotle
    • Culver's
    • Dairy Queen
    • Domino's Pizza
    • Dunkin Donuts
    • Five Guys
    • IHOP
    • In-N-Out Burger
    • Jack In The Box
    • Jet's Pizza
    • KFC
    • Little Caesars
    • McDonald's
    • Olive Garden
    • Panera Bread
    • Pizza Hut
    • Popeyes
    • Ruby Tuesday
    • Sonic
    • Starbucks
    • Subway
    • Taco Bell
    • Wendy's
  2. 2. How about your least favorite?

• Applebee's
    • Arby's
    • Buffalo Wild Wings
    • Burger King
    • Chick-Fil-A
    • Chipotle
    • Culver's
    • Dairy Queen
    • Domino's Pizza
    • Dunkin Donuts
    • Five Guys
    • IHOP
    • In-N-Out Burger
    • Jack In The Box
    • Jet's Pizza
    • KFC
    • Little Caesars
    • McDonald's
    • Olive Garden
    • Panera Bread
    • Pizza Hut
    • Popeyes
    • Ruby Tuesday
    • Sonic
    • Starbucks
    • Subway
    • Taco Bell
    • Wendy's
  3. 3. Which ones have you not tried yet?

• Applebee's
    • Arby's
    • Buffalo Wild Wings
    • Burger King
    • Chick-Fil-A
    • Chipotle
    • Culver's
    • Dairy Queen
    • Domino's Pizza
    • Dunkin Donuts
    • Five Guys
    • IHOP
    • In-N-Out Burger
    • Jack In The Box
    • Jet's Pizza
    • KFC
    • Little Caesars
    • McDonald's
    • Olive Garden
    • Panera Bread
    • Pizza Hut
    • Popeyes
    • Ruby Tuesday
    • Sonic
    • Starbucks
    • Subway
    • Taco Bell
    • Wendy's
    • Actually, I've tried all of them.

There is a world of culinary difference between McDonalds or Taco Bell and Ruby Tuesday, etc. Fast food vs. "family style" khaki-pants-brass-and-ferns places.

Anyoo, I'll play.

Favorite: Five Guys -- those burgers are huge and great! Fries, too, and plenty of them.

Least Favorite: Chick-Fil-A -- homophobes

No vote due to multiple selections for all 3.

Aside from local yokels:

#1 Fave, Miller's Ale House, multi-state sports bar chain, most locations In FL.

#1 Reject, tie, Applebee's and Red Robin-won't do a medium rare burger, f--k you. Won't set foot in an Olive Garden, Subway, or Red Lobster, either.

#1Not tried, probably In N Out. 5 Guys is good, but I hear I&O is off the chart.

This from a guy who in 1970, before he really started a full time job, worked in a Burger King.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Where's Hooters?? .... I love Hooters!!

hooters_girls_03.jpg

nice boob shot

Isn't that the only reason for Hooters to exist? The food is shite, utterly.

:LMAO:
  • Like 1

Where's Hooters?? .... I love Hooters!!

hooters_girls_03.jpg

nice boob shot

Isn't that the only reason for Hooters to exist? The food is shite, utterly.

What food?

Five Guys bacon burger, all-the-way, is the bomb.

IHOP, LOL. There's a great episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee that features IHOP.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Is Hooters still in business? The ones in my area shut down a long time ago. Besides the obvious reasons to go there, I thought it was a nice place to go watch some football games when I was a teenager.

Yep, have one within 3 miles from my house. Wings are so-so, rest of menu not so much. Premier item, which they no longer serve, was a ginormus fried grouper sandwich. They lost my business when they showed UFC PPV's, but cut the sound and played deal music instead.

Some of these are somewhat regional so I give props to Culvers. That's where my wife and I usually end up when we're tired of debating dinner choices. A close nod to Five Guys, but Culvers has the frozen custard that rocks.

Worst choice is not on the list...Long John Silvers. Do...not...ever...eat...there. In college, i worked as a cook there and they had worms in the cod. I've never eaten there since I quit that job. Grease burns on my hand every shift. Worst job I ever had.

You'd be amazed and how little actual cooking goes on, even at the casual dining places. It's more 'plate assembly' and heating than cooking.

Ok, let's morph this thread into 'I worked there and it was so gross...'.

Worked at Wendy's as a early morning maintenance guy. Nothing too gross except they turned yesterday's left over burgers into today's chili. But at least they put the leftover burgers in the fridge overnight, so no biggie.

• Like 1

I’m all about Popeye’s.

Most of those other places I don’t care about but I wouldn’t say any are particularly bad. It often depends on the particular location.

Popeye's in my town...

Good chicken...

OMFG...the worst service ever. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!! does it take you 20 minutes to put my chicken in a box and give it to me?

I’m all about Popeye’s.

Most of those other places I don’t care about but I wouldn’t say any are particularly bad. It often depends on the particular location.

Popeye's in my town...

Good chicken...

OMFG...the worst service ever. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!! does it take you 20 minutes to put my chicken in a box and give it to me?

Service matters no matter how good the food is. I would’ve told that Seinfeld Soup Nazi to go f**k himself and his soup :P

• Like 1

Is Hooters still in business? The ones in my area shut down a long time ago. Besides the obvious reasons to go there, I thought it was a nice place to go watch some football games when I was a teenager.

Yep, have one within 3 miles from my house. Wings are so-so, rest of menu not so much. Premier item, which they no longer serve, was a ginormus fried grouper sandwich. They lost my business when they showed UFC PPV's, but cut the sound and played deal music instead.

If I want to ogle girls, I'd rather go to the strip club...speaking hypothetically of course. More skin for your money and no diarrhea in the morning from the wings.

• Like 1

I’m all about Popeye’s.

Popeye's in my town...

Good chicken...

Service matters no matter how good the food is. I would’ve told that Seinfeld Soup Nazi to go f**k himself and his soup :P

There's been times at this Popeyes that I thought about jumping the counter and just putting my own chicken in the box. For God sake's people...did they train you how to move like a sloth?

I’m all about Popeye’s.

Popeye's in my town...

Good chicken...

There's been times at this Popeyes that I thought about jumping the counter and just putting my own chicken in the box. For God sake's people...did they train you how to move like a sloth?

There are no Popeyes in this country unfortunately. Years ago I was on a layover in Seoul and found a Popeyes at the airport. My travel buddies thought I was nuts when I exclaimed that we HAD TO eat there. They had never heard of the place. But yeah, they liked it. No sloths there.

• Like 1

I regret making this poll cuz it's making me hungry

...for the worm infested cod at Long John Silvers?

haha no lol

I never even tried LJS, and I don't plan to

For pizza, I'll stick with Jet's, Caesars and Hut :)