Post unpopular music opinions

Entre_Perpetuo

Meat Loaf is one of the absolute best bombastic rockers ever in music.

to me he will always be the best in bombast and everything is a cheap knock off.

Even Queen though they came first.

hey..........unpopular.......lol

And yes i deeply mean this one.

Mick

No Meat Loaf = no symphonic metal lol

• Like 1

to me he will always be the best in bombast and everything is a cheap knock off.

Mick

Something I now appreciate

Mick

truth. by extention Nightwish has meat loaf in their musical DNA no matter how Segue may deny it, lol They DO damn it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Kurt Cobain doesn’t belong on any greatest guitarists of all time list. His entire appeal is how he takes his very amateur skill on the instrument and makes it work for his songs (which are great), but critics seem to confuse being a great songwriter and performer with being a great player.

and dude was a mess........no god.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

truth. by extention Nightwish has meat loaf in their musical DNA no matter how Segue may deny it, lol They DO damn it, lol

Mick

If Meat Loaf was metal it would sound like Nightwish. While I don't know if he was a direct influence for them he definitely paved the way for piano based bombast in rock/metal. Not sure I love symphonic metal as much as I do now if I didn't like Meat Loaf first.

• Like 1

But Springsteen swallows

As do I.

Yeah, but every rock critic in existence doesn't call it art.

Depends who you ask...

Kim Jong Un would kill to get the kind of sycophantic, servile, fawning press coverage from his state media that " The Boss" gets from the rock press.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

If Meat Loaf was metal it would sound like Nightwish. While I don't know if he was a direct influence for them he definitely paved the way for piano based bombast in rock/metal. Not sure I love symphonic metal as much as I do now if I didn't like Meat Loaf first.

Yeah they never mention Meat Loaf. They started off a folk band that incorporated metal to accompany Tarja and her powerful voice. I think the bombastic sound evolved from those jaunty early influences very organically and mostly separate to anything that came before.

But Springsteen swallows

As do I.

Depends who you ask...

Kim Jong Un would kill to get the kind of sycophantic, servile, fawning press coverage from his state media that " The Boss" gets from the rock press.

I love Springsteen but I am sick to f***ing death of his politics. Seriously...his music of the last few years has lost me.

• Like 1

But Springsteen swallows

As do I.

Depends who you ask...

I love Springsteen but I am sick to f***ing death of his politics. Seriously...his music of the last few years has lost me.

But Springsteen swallows

As do I.

Depends who you ask...

Yea his last worthwhile record was magic.

but i will never ever pay to see him. interrupting songs just to rant.

the cover band i saw Did Bruce better than Bruce at this point, lol

Mick

Spinal Tap actually would've been a classic band had they existed. Classic and hilarious.

In a way they did exist though. They were poking fun at all the goofy stuff that happens when you're in a rock band.

Black Sabbath had Stonehenge on stage with them during the Born Again tour.

• Like 3

But Springsteen swallows

As do I.

Depends who you ask...

But Springsteen swallows

As do I.

Depends who you ask...

Yea his last worthwhile record was magic.

but i will never ever pay to see him. interrupting songs just to rant.

the cover band i saw Did Bruce better than Bruce at this point, lol

Mick

It worked for YYNot...

• Like 1

Porcupine Tree are boring.

Is it really an unpopular opinion when who you're talking about isn't popular to begin with?

"Popular" they may not be but Steven Wilson can sell out large venues in the UK and Porcupine Tree are regarded more And more as something amazing when all I hear is EPIC BEAUTIFUL elevator muzak

Queen does nothing for me. I like a couple of songs but never got the big deal with them outside of Freddie. I think he was a phenomenal talent. But everyone talks about how great of players the band is and I just don't hear it. Nothing they play stands out to me as being special.

Queen is comprised of excellent musicians and songwriters. It's fine to dislike their music (although I cannot understand that!), but they are a fantastic band. one of the greatest in rock music.
  • Like 1

Green Day is a bad band.

Not at all.

They are hacks.

Who write their own songs, put on a spectacular live show, know their way with great melodies, are capable musicians, consistently strive to outdo themselves, are passionate about their message and have written some of the finest rock songs the 21st Century has yet seen...

Not being funny but they are better than many of the bands that inspired them. They follow a similar path to U2 but their music has been at a high level of quality for decades now and their message is better delivered, and more warmly received. Children for years now have been introduced to a world of rock and metal via their exciting and vibrant work. Hacks?

If so, they are one of the few to pull it off.

I've seen them live twice, barely a fan. And both occasions felt like events. Amazing live band.

Pull the other one.

And I have never bought a single record, or even desired too.

• Like 2

Metallica are ok but they are far from the best thrash metal band ever. But they hit the major leagues with deserving music, even though great music was overshadowed.

Anthrax are terrible.

Slayer are fine. They have a really wonderful dark sound that...here it gets unpopular...grew old before the 80s finished.

Megadeth are the best of the big thrash metal bands.

But Kreator, Death Angel, Testament, Mekong Delta, Exodus, Sepultura, Voivod, Cynic...all these bands deserve to be mentioned in the same breath and even more highly revered.

Basically, The Big Four has become such a negative label. It is almost as if metal heads are too scared too look outside the accepted greats.

Because Anthrax don't deserve that spot.