The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Well an as expected disappointing return for me Bolts last night losing 4-2 to the blueschica Penguins. The Pens came out with fire in their belly after the lasting they recieved playing the Devils in the previous game. Tampa tried to get things going but looked completely out of form or speed. Honestly by the 1st dozen passes I knew what the final result would be. Tampa still is leading the league in points but it looks like the Flames of Calgary are on fire! With the 2 points lost last night Tampa only has a 5 point cushion. Up next we travel to the Big Apple for 2 NY nights with night 1 visiting the 73 Islanders. Then on to the Rangers in night 2. Hopefully me Lightning will find a way to get their swagger back as I know they will (hopefully sooner than later)

Tampa 37-11-2. 76pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

You guys have lost two games in a row only once this season. You'll try to keep it that way, and you'll want revenge for the 5-1 pasting we gave you guys last time.

Should be fun! :scared:

Yep it should be interesting :D looking forward to it and also not having to get up on 5 am Saturday :LOL:

OMG!!!! TBL vs NYI OT 3 ON 3 @ 0-0 what a fricken game! definitely a preview of a post season series!!!

Lets GO Lightning!!

As I said after our last game against the Hawks, we SUCK in shootouts. Really bad. Shame this game had to end with the skills competition.

• Like 1

Just finished listening to the Hawks v Sabres game, two open net goals sealed it 7-3. No games televised in my area tonight...?? Will have to watch On the Fly for a wrap up of all the scores and stuff later.

Pierre...that gif says it all. He really put his foot in it Monday when he decided to mansplain hockey to Kendall Coyne...the woman has a gold medal, she knows the game dude :facepalm: :smash:

So no comments about the All Star Game? I always enjoy the skills more than the game, it was strange having it on Friday and the game on Saturday. Kane came close in the Puck Control but Johnny Hockey snuck past him. And how about the women getting to compete? I was glad to see them included, they are great ambassadors of the game and Kendall Coyne almost won the fastest skater and Brianna Decker did clock the fastest time in the premier passing event (even though they didn't show it). CCM stepped up and paid her the $25,000. :dweez: :clap:

Now, what does everyone think about the new tech the NHL debuted Saturday? Personally, I wasn't really wowed by it, I don't really want to have to try to watch the game with a bunch of text boxes appearing above the players heads. The puck was understated, not so much like the glow puck they tried in 90's.

I didn't get a chance to catch the skills portion. I was a bit disappointed in team Atlantics performance and didn''t care too much for the new rech less the real time stats... Oh and the uniforms were intriguingly plain yet interesting. I did like that the emblems of the teams the players were from were on them. Much better than just the NHL logo like last year. But I'm still not sold on the whole B&W aspect. Although I must confess if I had a chance to get one of the Lightning ones in Black I probably would get it as one of the Bolts primary colors was black.

Yeah the uniforms were nice, having the team logos on them was a good move as well as being made from recyclable materials. I wish I could have been able to afford to bid on one...I had my hopes for the Central team but they got blown out against the Metro. Happy for Henrik, that's the happiest I have seen him in a while.. :hockeygoon:

• Like 1

Well one may think with a 1-0 shootout score that the game was a boring one. It was by no means boring! A very well fought and determined battle by both clubs. The stars of this game was by far the goalies! Greiss & Vasilevskiy were both incredible! The guys in front of each of them also impressive. I was pretty much on the edge of my easy chair all game. In the end it was only our beast defensemen Victor Hedman that could find the back of the net! I feel very confident in saying fans of both clubs got a glimpse of not only how tight the last segment of the regular season will be but more importantly a preview of post season action as it seems these teams are destined to meet again on that platform! Oh it was also nice to see the ole Nassau Coliseum hosting NHL hockey again :yes: Next up on night 2 of NY Nights me bolts head across the east river to the garden to take on our surrogate team the Rangers.

Tampa 38-11-2. 78pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Well one may think with a 1-0 shootout score that the game was a boring one. It was by no means boring! A very well fought and determined battle by both clubs. The stars of this game was by far the goalies! Greiss & Vasilevskiy were both incredible! The guys in front of each of them also impressive. I was pretty much on the edge of my easy chair all game. In the end it was only our beast defensemen Victor Hedman that could find the back of the net! I feel very confident in saying fans of both clubs got a glimpse of not only how tight the last segment of the regular season will be but more importantly a preview of post season action as it seems these teams are destined to meet again on that platform! Oh it was also nice to see the ole Nassau Coliseum hosting NHL hockey again :yes: Next up on night 2 of NY Nights me bolts head across the east river to the garden to take on our surrogate team the Rangers.

Tampa 38-11-2. 78pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

The Isles are the only team to shut you guys out this season. And that's not a one-game fluke. Everybody is talking about Robin Lehner's goaltending, but this was Greiss' second shutout in a row. He's given up one goal total in his past three games.That speaks to not only both goalies, but to the team defense. We are one sniper and a good power play away from being scary.

• Like 1

Tampa 38-11-2. 78pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

The Isles are the only team to shut you guys out this season. And that's not a one-game fluke. Everybody is talking about Robin Lehner's goaltending, but this was Greiss' second shutout in a row. He's given up one goal total in his past three games.That speaks to not only both goalies, but to the team defense. We are one sniper and a good power play away from being scary.

You need Billy Smith to be scary. ;)

Tampa 38-11-2. 78pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

You need Billy Smith to be scary. ;)

We're working on that. ;)

• Like 1

No Foley, no win? :unsure: Wild 1 Hawks 0

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Wild 1

G :sundog: U :sundog: S :sundog: T :sundog: A :sundog: F :sundog: S :sundog: S :sundog: O :sundog: N :macallan: Hawks 2 Wild 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Wild 1

G :sundog: U :sundog: S :sundog: T :sundog: A :sundog: F :sundog: S :sundog: S :sundog: O :sundog: N :macallan: Hawks 2 Wild 1

Clear the puck! :rage: Hawks 2 Wild 2

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 3 Wild 2

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 3 Wild 2

I didn't think this would happen. :facepalm: Hawks 3 Wild 3

I didn't think this would happen. :facepalm: Hawks 3 Wild 3

G :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: T :dweez: A :dweez: F :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: O :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 4 Wild 3 final :martini: 20-24-9
  • Like 1

My team has always been the Toronto Maple Leafs, with the Pittsburgh Penguins being my second favorite. I've been glad, and happy to see that the Toronto Maple Leafs are, and have been doing really good, and well.

Well a little late with all the Super Bowl dare I say excitement :facepalm: Last night me bolts had a nice 3-2 hang on win over the Rangers. Things started off hot with me Sticks Of Fire scoring 1st in the first and then adding 2 more goals in the second. Then late in the second the Rangers scored & then from that point on it was a hang on to win or wOw we're still not in shape... But in any advent Tampa skates away with the win and of course the 2pts. Next up we host the Golden Nights of Las Vegas. It seems like a little minute since I have been to a live hockey game and very much looking forward to it!

Tampa 39-11-2. 80pts

Let's GO Lighting!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

G :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: T :dweez: A :dweez: F :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: O :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 1 Oilers 0

Open net, had to be converted. :sigh: Hawks 1 Oilers 1

Taking too many penalties. :codger: Oilers 2 Hawks 1