Ghost release new single: Rats!

jamie

Tickets for the Baltimore show don't go on sale until tomorrow.

Could it be that they are just not on sale yet? The ones you see on those sites could be guaranteed seats that are being offered by season ticket holders for those venues. I know there are season ticket holders at the venue in Baltimore and you can go on Stub Hub and buy those seats right now.

Could it be that they are just not on sale yet? The ones you see on those sites could be guaranteed seats that are being offered by season ticket holders for those venues. I know there are season ticket holders at the venue in Baltimore and you can go on Stub Hub and buy those seats right now.

Well, the day before I saw a Citi Card pre-sale ad on Ticketmaster with a countdown that was at 17 hours. I checked a couple of hours past the posted time (10 AM) the next day and nothing. Just secondary-market sites re-selling pre-sale (an idea that makes me laugh).

Here's a site that is posting the sale for Friday: http://purchase.tick.../TicketPurchase

It's a hot ticket, apparently.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Well, the day before I saw a Citi Card pre-sale ad on Ticketmaster with a countdown that was at 17 hours. I checked a couple of hours past the posted time (10 AM) the next day and nothing. Just secondary-market sites re-selling pre-sale (an idea that makes me laugh).

Here's a site that is posting the sale for Friday: http://purchase.tick.../TicketPurchase

I hope I can get tickets.

It's amazing how the band has blown up so quickly.

I hope I can get tickets.

It's amazing how the band has blown up so quickly.

I just downloaded the live nation app and got a pre-sale. Got pretty good seats and they weren't real expensive.

So The Fillmore in Miami Beach/South Beach is the old Jackie Gleason Theater for Performing Arts. I have seen Dream Theater, Brit Floyd as well as Porcupine Tree there. Great great venue.

The way it works though for Ghost (and it worked this way for Porcupine Tree) is there is a general admission floor, as well as the lower theater with comfortable seating on a first come first serve basis. The upper Mezzanine (or Opera seats) are the only reserved seats in the house (and pricey at $120 per ticket). You can also for an extra $20 bucks per person get a fast lane pass to bypass the general admission line to get into the theater and pick your spot on the floor or the general admission seating.

That is exactly what I did. I am taking my 13 year old son (who freaking loves them) and we got GA tickets with the fast lane pass and we will get the best GA seats we can snag. GA was $32 bucks a ticket + $20 for the fast lane passes.

For Porcupine Tree we sat in the GA seats for set one (The Incident Tour) and then went right up to the stage for set 2 right smack in front of Steven Wilson. Obviously the theater was half full for that PT show (crazy right?). I expect Ghost to be a full house. Their popularity has taken off two fold.

Edited by Todem

I think Ghost sound like "Dream Theater" and "Spinal Tap" got together and had a baby.

Dream Theater???

• Like 1

I think Ghost sound like "Dream Theater" and "Spinal Tap" got together and had a baby.

Don't see or hear any Dream Theater influence. They have a sense of humor in what they do, so they definitely have some Spinal Tap in them.

• Like 1

Rats has a definite mid 80’s Iron Maiden influence.

I can't stand Metallica after Cliff passed away but this is an excellent cover.

So the rhythm section of Metallica showed up?

Was this an awards show? For what???

I love CANDLEMASS! METAL!

I had heard that Metallica was being given an award for something. I think it was some small awards ceremony in Europe.

Rats has a definite mid 80’s Iron Maiden influence.

Sounds more like Ozzy to me. Both the main riff and vocal melodies. Don't hear Maiden at all honestly. All Ozzy with that track.

That too......but the Maiden "gallop" is clear to me.

So, the first time I heard Ghost I thought, "well this is just an entire band trying to recapture the magic of Don't Fear The Reaper by BOC." I wasn't really a big fan at first because they seemed like ripoff artists with worse songs.

But eventually I changed my opinion, listened to Prequelle, bought Meliora, yada yada yada.

But stumbling across this on YouTube just now it reminded me of that initial impression and anyway that was a short intro to post this here:

• Like 1

So, the first time I heard Ghost I thought, "well this is just an entire band trying to recapture the magic of Don't Fear The Reaper by BOC." I wasn't really a big fan at first because they seemed like ripoff artists with worse songs.

But eventually I changed my opinion, listened to Prequelle, bought Meliora, yada yada yada.

But stumbling across this on YouTube just now it reminded me of that initial impression and anyway that was a short intro to post this here:

Very well done. That guy is obviously obsessed with Ghost.

• Like 1

I really love Ghost still. They are working their way up my fave bands list fast.

Infestissuman is my favourite album of theirs still.

• Like 1

I really love Ghost still. They are working their way up my fave bands list fast.

You're weird. That's nobody's favorite Ghost album lol.

Is it not? I think its stunning. I don't think Ghost have a "best" album as they are eerily all really fantastic. Like...I couldn't rank them because they are all about equal. But Infestissuman really is enjoyable to my ears, I like how the songs are less "catchy" and their is so much personality and atmosphere. I guess if pushed came to shove Meliora is my least favourite but that sucks because I love that too haha

Is it not? I think its stunning. I don't think Ghost have a "best" album as they are eerily all really fantastic. Like...I couldn't rank them because they are all about equal. But Infestissuman really is enjoyable to my ears, I like how the songs are less "catchy" and their is so much personality and atmosphere. I guess if pushed came to shove Meliora is my least favourite but that sucks because I love that too haha

It's usually between the debut and Meliora for most fans favorite album. I was one of those fans who were a bit on the fence with the second album. Something about just didn't sit right with many fans. But then came Meliora to blow everyone's nips off and the fan base was whole again.

By the way, did you know that Monstrance Clock is a song about celebrating the female orgasm?

It's usually between the debut and Meliora for most fans favorite album. I was one of those fans who were a bit on the fence with the second album. Something about just didn't sit right with many fans. But then came Meliora to blow everyone's nips off and the fan base was whole again.

By the way, did you know that Monstrance Clock is a song about celebrating the female orgasm?

I did! Well I've noticed as I haven't followed half the bands I love since their inception, I rarely have any idea what an albums reputation is like (I don't really care either lol). So I came to Infestissuman not expecting to lile it more or less than Meliora and I actually preferred it. I enjoy the debut more than Meliora as well. Prequelle is a splendid listen.

But it's not like I dislike Meliora. It's also one of the most played albums in my home this year!

I dig it. It's their most interesting album, imo.
  • Like 1

I dig it. It's their most interesting album, imo.

Agreed! I find the debut wonderful, and being critical for ONE SECOND I find Meliora and Prequelle a lil safe. Both sound at times like ultra good Scooby Doo soundtracks.

I don't really mean to imply that's a bad thing...