Ghost release new single: Rats!

jamie

I think I might enjoy this album more than Meliora

Onto my third listen. I am even loving Dance Macabre!

THIS ALBUM is filling a void left empty when HIM broke up.

Album of the year?!?!?!?!

Oh my gosh I think so!

(Still not my favourite Ghost album *cough* Infestissuman *cough*)

I just noticed this...if you follow them on Instagram, under their profile picture it says Dance Macabre and it’s Instagram stories from different people (some are musicians like Deftones, A7X, Chris Jericho) listening to the song. It’s kinda funny. Apparently it was posted a couple weeks ago.

I just noticed this...if you follow them on Instagram, under their profile picture it says Dance Macabre and it’s Instagram stories from different people (some are musicians like Deftones, A7X, Chris Jericho) listening to the song. It’s kinda funny. Apparently it was posted a couple weeks ago.

That's cool I guess. Next time they do one it should be of musicians who are actually good listening to it lol.

That's cool I guess. Next time they do one it should be of musicians who are actually good listening to it lol.

I think they represent Ghost's peer group just fine. You've been to a Ghost show, those folks love Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage....

I think they represent Ghost's peer group just fine. You've been to a Ghost show, those folks love Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage....

I shouldn't throw stones. I paid (for myself and my date) to see Killswitch Engage

They do? I didn't notice. I was there to see Ghost not to survey the audience's musical tastes.

They do? I didn't notice. I was there to see Ghost not to survey the audience's musical tastes.

I saw a lot of shirts for the bands mentioned. I feel there's a lot of overlap. Ghost is a Hot Topic band now. I still love them and think they're better than those artists, but they get a lot of the same attention as those mentioned. I've seen some folks compare them to Slipknot.

Woah, I sound like fraroc right now. I should probably stop digging my grave even deeper

I saw a lot of shirts for the bands mentioned. I feel there's a lot of overlap. Ghost is a Hot Topic band now. I still love them and think they're better than those artists, but they get a lot of the same attention as those mentioned. I've seen some folks compare them to Slipknot.

Woah, I sound like fraroc right now. I should probably stop digging my grave even deeper

Other than the masks they have nothing in common with Slipknot. Both bands are metal and very good at what they do. But couldn't be more different musically.

Other than the masks they have nothing in common with Slipknot. Both bands are metal and very good at what they do. But couldn't be more different musically.

I didn't mean musically. I should have clarified. They're more like a 2010's Slipknot because of the masks, fanatic followers, and because they're one of the largest newer metal acts. It's more like they took Slipknot's place, not that they sound like them. Sorry I'm going so far into this, it's a really pointless topic.

I probably sound shitty and dismissive. I can't wait for them to come around here again

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

Some dude died during Ghost's show last night at the Riverside in Milwaukee. Natural causes, rumor has it.

I'd post a link if I were on the computer, but I'm on the phone, and I kinda hate phones.

Some dude died during Ghost's show last night at the Riverside in Milwaukee. Natural causes, rumor has it.

I'd post a link if I were on the computer, but I'm on the phone, and I kinda hate phones.

He died happy at least!

I read about that the person collapsed at the end if the first set. Supposedly they had a heart attack and died at the hospital. Ghost didn't play the second half of the show out of respect to them.

I've got my copy but it's still in the shrinkwrap for now.

That's odd. When my copy arrived Satan was there to personally see to it that the shrink wrap was removed immediately so I could listen to it faster.

• Like 1

I've got my copy but it's still in the shrinkwrap for now.

That's odd. When my copy arrived Satan was there to personally see to it that the shrink wrap was removed immediately so I could listen to it faster.

I may not listen to mine for a few weeks yet!

I absolutely love this album! I can't tell what makes this to my ears a better album than Meliora, but I will try.

The songs, for one, have more texture. None of the choruses quote match the bands catchiest material (I might change my mind on this as the album is fast becoming an addiction), but the musical ideas are beautiful. Miasma has a moment where I am convinced Clarence Clemons retired from the grave to make one final comeback. Witch Image is really stunning, I cannot get over how insanely catchy Rats is (ok this one is easily up their with the bands catchiest material). It's just so layered and enticing. Every play I hear more, it's like the closer I try to scrutinise it the more details I find. It's superb!

I have to say though that so far the band haven't released a single album that easily stands head and shoulders above the rest. This isn't because they are not great, it's because I think Ghost are so consistent it's impossible to pick an easy favourite album.

BUT it's looking very much like Prequelle is just that!

With the recent break up of HIM, I really do embrace another band that successfully melds humour with sincere musicality and strong, shamelessly anthemic hooks. They both wear their influences on their sleeves with such glee you can't help but clap along.

Ghost are my new HIM. Are they as good as HIM? Erm...not in my opinion but that's not even valid. I love this album.

Edited by Segue Myles