• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3732 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

Don't forget to set your clocks forward 23 hours before you go to bed (not applicable in Arizona or Hawai'i).

Sponsored Post

#2 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69629 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

We should just stick with DST year round.

#3 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99370 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 04 November 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Don't forget to set your clocks forward 23 hours before you go to bed (not applicable in Arizona or Hawai'i).

But then we’re a day into the future

Edited by Mr. Not, 04 November 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#4 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69629 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 04 November 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 04 November 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

But then we’re a day into the future
Who knew time travel could be that easy?

#5 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23407 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 04 November 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

Omg, finally someone with sanity! All I hear is “polling shows people want to end day light saving time”. I don’t think most understand the question. When I ask people if they like the extra daylight after work they all say yes.

#6 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69629 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 04 November 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Omg, finally someone with sanity! All I hear is “polling shows people want to end day light saving time”. I don’t think most understand the question. When I ask people if they like the extra daylight after work they all say yes.
I live in the northern US so during winter we get about 9 hours of sunlight.   I get up at 5, yeah, and I get to work about 7.     Then I leave work about 4 and get home about 5.  I'd rather go to work in the dark and have it become light 2 hrs later and leave with some light left than have the workday coincide with the only time all day it's light (even then there's an hour when I'm working and it's dark.)   And yes, I could go to work later and get home later and spend more time on the bus because the traffic is worse, and that would involve losing an extra half hour or more of free time and I still would have no time when it's light when I'm not at work in the dead of winter.    

I think people don't like the time change and can't conceive there's a second option.    This of course is a world where 97% of voters in 2016 thought either Trump or Clinton should be President.

#7 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9817 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:36 PM

I consider the whole thing completely pointless. I don't care which option it is but pick one and stick with it.

#8 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Why do you hate America?

#9 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

Wait, for you mean Daylight Savings Time, or Daylight Standard Time?

Are you some evil genius? Or just Evil?

#10 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23407 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostMaverick, on 04 November 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Wait, for you mean Daylight Savings Time, or Daylight Standard Time?

Are you some evil genius? Or just Evil?
Standard time is usually geographically labeled...EST, CST, MST, PST.

#11 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3732 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Whichever it is, I too prefer more light at the end of the day.

#12 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5837 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 04 November 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

I live in the northern US so during winter we get about 9 hours of sunlight.   I get up at 5, yeah, and I get to work about 7. Then I leave work about 4 and get home about 5.  I'd rather go to work in the dark and have it become light 2 hrs later and leave with some light left than have the workday coincide with the only time all day it's light (even then there's an hour when I'm working and it's dark.)   And yes, I could go to work later and get home later and spend more time on the bus because the traffic is worse, and that would involve losing an extra half hour or more of free time and I still would have no time when it's light when I'm not at work in the dead of winter.

I think people don't like the time change and can't conceive there's a second option. This of course is a world where 97% of voters in 2016 thought either Trump or Clinton should be President.

Depends on how far north you live and how far west you live.  :)      :codger:   In , I think, 1974, there was year round daylight savings time due to the energy crisis.  Lots of fun being in Pittsburgh, eating, waiting for the school bus in complete darkness and not having it get light until close to 10 AM.  In January and February it doesn't really give you much light on the other end.  On the other hand, when we lived in Indiana, they never went on daylight savings (upset the cows) but we were really far west in the eastern time zone.  It got light early and stayed light until 10 pm at night in summer even without DST.  I dunno.  

As I get older my bod feels it more, though!  And our cat is kind of stupid and can't decide when it wants to eat when the time changes.  When does an animal turn down food?  :lol:

#13 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

View Postblueschica, on 04 November 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

I live in the northern US so during winter we get about 9 hours of sunlight.   I get up at 5, yeah, and I get to work about 7.     Then I leave work about 4 and get home about 5.  I'd rather go to work in the dark and have it become light 2 hrs later and leave with some light left than have the workday coincide with the only time all day it's light (even then there's an hour when I'm working and it's dark.)   And yes, I could go to work later and get home later and spend more time on the bus because the traffic is worse, and that would involve losing an extra half hour or more of free time and I still would have no time when it's light when I'm not at work in the dead of winter.    

I think people don't like the time change and can't conceive there's a second option.    This of course is a world where 97% of voters in 2016 thought either Trump or Clinton should be President.

Depends on how far north you live and how far west you live.  :)      :codger:   In , I think, 1974, there was year round daylight savings time due to the energy crisis.  Lots of fun being in Pittsburgh, eating, waiting for the school bus in complete darkness and not having it get light until close to 10 AM.  In January and February it doesn't really give you much light on the other end.  On the other hand, when we lived in Indiana, they never went on daylight savings (upset the cows) but we were really far west in the eastern time zone.  It got light early and stayed light until 10 pm at night in summer even without DST.  I dunno.  

As I get older my bod feels it more, though!  And our cat is kind of stupid and can't decide when it wants to eat when the time changes.  When does an animal turn down food?  :lol:

This animal never turns down food :blaze:

#14 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5837 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 November 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

I live in the northern US so during winter we get about 9 hours of sunlight.   I get up at 5, yeah, and I get to work about 7. Then I leave work about 4 and get home about 5.  I'd rather go to work in the dark and have it become light 2 hrs later and leave with some light left than have the workday coincide with the only time all day it's light (even then there's an hour when I'm working and it's dark.)   And yes, I could go to work later and get home later and spend more time on the bus because the traffic is worse, and that would involve losing an extra half hour or more of free time and I still would have no time when it's light when I'm not at work in the dead of winter.

I think people don't like the time change and can't conceive there's a second option. This of course is a world where 97% of voters in 2016 thought either Trump or Clinton should be President.

Depends on how far north you live and how far west you live.  :)   :codger:   In , I think, 1974, there was year round daylight savings time due to the energy crisis.  Lots of fun being in Pittsburgh, eating, waiting for the school bus in complete darkness and not having it get light until close to 10 AM.  In January and February it doesn't really give you much light on the other end.  On the other hand, when we lived in Indiana, they never went on daylight savings (upset the cows) but we were really far west in the eastern time zone.  It got light early and stayed light until 10 pm at night in summer even without DST.  I dunno.  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   See?  You are very intelligent!

#15 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2876 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

Here we go

#16 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

View Postblueschica, on 04 November 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 November 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   See?  You are very intelligent!

Posted Image

#17 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3766 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

Or compromise....

exactly halfway between November and April, turn the clock ahead a half hour and leave it.

#18 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 16321 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users