The British 60s/70s hard rock duel! Who, Zep?

flying flames or...  

54 members have voted

1. 1. unknown names?

• Led Zeppelin
    • The Who
    • both! I cannot favor either over the other! I'll die if I do! :0
    • neither, they both suck (you poor soul)

I’ll take Townsend over Page, but I think Plant edges out Daltrey...and Boham might have Mooney best (real close though). No real thoughts on John v John, just than John also played the keys so that’s cool.

Entwistle played all the brass parts on Who albums, from "Circles" on the USA version of My Generation to "One At a Time" on It's Hard and everything in between.

• Like 1

I’ll take Townsend over Page, but I think Plant edges out Daltrey...and Boham might have Mooney best (real close though). No real thoughts on John v John, just than John also played the keys so that’s cool.

I agree with you about Robert edging out Roger. Roger's voice can grate after a bit. It can be rough.

I recently listened to some Who and was amazed by the greatness. I don't know why they left me cold before. I am sure in time they could become a bigger deal for me, but Led Zeppelin, for all their apparent faults, are just magic for me.

Could never really work up a lot of enthusiasm for Zep, and their chaotic, random live performances could be awful.

I always found the Who to be more structured, concise and far better storytellers.

• Like 1

I agree with you about Robert edging out Roger. Roger's voice can grate after a bit. It can be rough.

Plant can get really obnoxiously whiney. He ruins stuff like "The Song Remains the Same."

• Like 2

Plant can get really obnoxiously whiney. He ruins stuff like "The Song Remains the Same."

His voice is annoying after awhile too. But it's more soothing than Roger's.

Not everyone can sound like Greg Lake.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

That album is problematic that way. They actually sped up the vocal tracks to get those notes, to the detriment of the songs, I think.
  • Like 1

His voice is annoying after awhile too. But it's more soothing than Roger's.

Not everyone can sound like Greg Lake.

Greg Lake had such a gorgeous voice! I wish I liked ELP’s songs better, but too much keyboard and not enough guitar for my taste.

Zeppelin are a top 5 band for me and probably the "coolest" band ever at their height.

The whole package. Looks, talent,plentiful drugs and excellent timing....

No doubt. Everything came together perfectly.
  • Like 1

I've voted for both because it's hard to choose between one over the other one. During an important time in the music industry, they both were around, and made an influential impact.