Alex says, "Rush Can't Just Stop"

Ron2112

Is Working Man not Rush?

One word answers please.

If it's not, whoever did that song kicked ass. I had it cranking so loud in my car last night the people next to me at the red lights were looking over (most in total approval). :D

• Like 1

I'm okay with Rush being retired. I think it'd be cool if they tried to make new studio-only material though. But I'm not expecting it.

If Ged and/or Alex want to go and record and perform, more power to them, but without the three of them, it won't be Rush. They could cover some Rush though.

What do you call the album they did before Fly By Night? What do you call the band for that album?

I'm just busting your balls. But at the same time, did Rutsey actually not exist? Did that debut album not exist?

Look at the sports franchise the Toronto Maple Leafs. They weren't always the Maple Leafs, originally they were the Toronto Arenas, then the St. Patricks. After a very brief existence with those names, they renamed as the Maple Leafs and stayed that way for 90 years now.

Back in 1927, when they rebranded themselves, there wasn't the enormous history and recognition with that name.

Now though, if the Maple Leafs tried to change their brand or public image, it'd be wildly unpopular. It's unimaginable.

Rush's original image may not have been with Peart, but he's been a part of the brand for long enough that the two are now inseparable. A rebranding would be unrecognizable, and lose its novelty, whether or not its in its original form.

Did you not read the first sentence of my second paragraph?

And you're comparing a band to a pro team that's been in existence around 100 years with a never ending cycle of changing players. But ok, sports....What about the Raiders in the NFL? Those are some die hard fans. Oakland? L.A.? Oakland? L.A.? Has that mattered all that much? Did Raiders fans give up watching because they moved? And then again?

I'd bet all kinds of money that every TRFer here would buy the next Rush album regardless if Peart was on it. Even the cheap bastards would download and download and download. But we'd all listen to it. Additionally, I'd bet that every TRFer (that could get to a gig and afford it + didn't think Geddy's voice is shot) would see them live regardless of Peart. Most would bitch about SOMETHING but we'd all dish out the dough.

I would not see :rush: live if Neil was not there

You say that now. But IF Geddy & Alex actually did continue with the Rush name, you'd be there if money or transport weren't an issue. I'm not saying this will happen, it almost definitely won't happen. I'm just guessing what you would do if so.

Nope. If Neil is not there I am not there.

Oh ok. I forget that you always do what you say. Uh huh

As a long-time Rush fan who left early from the Seattle CA show and didn't even bother with the R40 tour, I don't find it hard to believe that a fellow Rush fan would pass on a chance to see the band.

Alex: Hey Ged, what are those annoying people called that you sometimes see on tour and backstage - ya know, the ones that hang around the band and actually think that they are a part of the band ??

Geddy: What, you mean the groupies ?

Alex: No, no .. I mean the drummer

Geddy spits his wine as hysterical laughs ensue

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

Well, I would not go see :rush: if :Neil: was not there because then it would not be :rush: . No one is better than :Neil: .

You make me nostalgic for the fan I used to be.

• Like 2

I predict another studio slbum but no major touring.

that would be pointless...they make money on touring not albums. It would be less effort for them to just write all the fans a check.

All this 'if Neil's not in, it's not Rush'. Big deal, call it something else like '2 guys at work'. Put some new music together...get adventurous and more 'jammy'. Realize your freedom without having to shoe horn Neil's lyrics into a song. Tour the new music and still play 70% Rush stuff.

Well, I would not go see :rush: if :Neil: was not there because then it would not be :rush: . No one is better than :Neil: .

Even I would go, because then I at least get to see Geddy and Alex (again). Even tho Neils drums will be missed.

• Like 1

Even I would go, because then I at least get to see Geddy and Alex (again). Even tho Neils drums will be missed.

I still stand by my opinion that i will not go see :rush: live without :Neil:

You guys do know :Neil: is my idol, right?

• Like 1

http://freehugsproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FreeHugsCampaign400.png

I've seen this somewhere else recently.

It's my new persona.

Spreading joy and sweet tarts and hugs around.

How do you like it so far? :)

I virtually dig it.

• Like 1

I still stand by my opinion that i will not go see :rush: live without :Neil:

You guys do know :Neil: is my idol, right?

We know you like to reiterate, that's for sure! :LOL:

• Like 1

It's my new persona.

As long as it's free hug bears, and not sugar free Haribo bears, we are good. Apparently those Haribo gummie bears are ... gastrointestinally explosive.

• Like 2

I'm okay with Rush being retired. I think it'd be cool if they tried to make new studio-only material though. But I'm not expecting it.

If Ged and/or Alex want to go and record and perform, more power to them, but without the three of them, it won't be Rush. They could cover some Rush though.

What do you call the album they did before Fly By Night? What do you call the band for that album?

I'm just busting your balls. But at the same time, did Rutsey actually not exist? Did that debut album not exist?

Look at the sports franchise the Toronto Maple Leafs. They weren't always the Maple Leafs, originally they were the Toronto Arenas, then the St. Patricks. After a very brief existence with those names, they renamed as the Maple Leafs and stayed that way for 90 years now.

Back in 1927, when they rebranded themselves, there wasn't the enormous history and recognition with that name.

Now though, if the Maple Leafs tried to change their brand or public image, it'd be wildly unpopular. It's unimaginable.

Rush's original image may not have been with Peart, but he's been a part of the brand for long enough that the two are now inseparable. A rebranding would be unrecognizable, and lose its novelty, whether or not its in its original form.

And you're comparing a band to a pro team that's been in existence around 100 years with a never ending cycle of changing players. But ok, sports....What about the Raiders in the NFL? Those are some die hard fans. Oakland? L.A.? Oakland? L.A.? Has that mattered all that much? Did Raiders fans give up watching because they moved? And then again?

I'd bet all kinds of money that every TRFer here would buy the next Rush album regardless if Peart was on it. Even the cheap bastards would download and download and download. But we'd all listen to it. Additionally, I'd bet that every TRFer (that could get to a gig and afford it + didn't think Geddy's voice is shot) would see them live regardless of Peart. Most would bitch about SOMETHING but we'd all dish out the dough.

You say that now. But IF Geddy & Alex actually did continue with the Rush name, you'd be there if money or transport weren't an issue. I'm not saying this will happen, it almost definitely won't happen. I'm just guessing what you would do if so.

As a long-time Rush fan who left early from the Seattle CA show and didn't even bother with the R40 tour, I don't find it hard to believe that a fellow Rush fan would pass on a chance to see the band.

You left early? Seriously? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious. Why?

It's my new persona.

As long as it's free hug bears, and not sugar free Haribo bears, we are good. Apparently those Haribo gummie bears are ... gastrointestinally explosive.

They're sweetened with a sugar alcohol. Those are nasty, and the fact that they don't digest properly is what makes them calorie-free. Sensitivity to them can develop very quickly. Consume anything that contains xylitol, sorbitol, maltitol, erythritol, or any other ingredient that ends in -itol with extreme caution in small quantities only.

• Like 1

I left at the end of the set, before they came out for the encore. I wanted to get a jump on traffic.

I left at the end of the set, before they came out for the encore. I wanted to get a jump on traffic.

Quite possibly the saddest thing I've read all day and I've been on Fakebook this morning!

• Like 5

Quite possibly the saddest thing I've read all day and I've been on Fakebook this morning!

A man can only take so many listens to live versions of Tom Sawyer.

• Like 2

I'm actually fine with replacing Peart and calling it Rush as well, because Peart's the one who quit.

That being said, it would be a terrible mistake because a great deal of people would feel the name was sullied.

Most importantly, no drummer, even one who is Peart's equal, can win that battle. The criticism would be unbearable. And obviously, Rutsey not withstanding, the Rush sound has Peart's DNA all over it, so it really would be a different band. So while it wouldn't bother me, it also wouldn't be as genuine.

Two words...Chris Pine.

Two more words...The Shat.

No one but The Shat could play James T Kirk yet we have Chris Pine pulling it off.

DO I DARE ASK...THE QUESTION???

HELL TO THE F-PHIN YEAH...ITS FRIDAY!

...is there a youngish very talented drummer who is masterful writing lyrics?

CALL IT :rush: BABY!

If they tour I'll buy a ticket.