Alex says, "Rush Can't Just Stop"

Ron2112

Geddy and Alex have repeatedly said "they" will produce more music. But having gotten nothing similar from Neil, and in fact plenty of indication that he's retired completely, and considering that producing music without touring probably doesn't make financial sense nor would it provide Geddy and Alex what they really enjoy -- my guess is that Geddy and Alex will write some songs, maybe not produce an actual album, pick some musicians and tour. I don't think it will be a new band at all, but they may give it a name, even if it's just "Lifeson and Lee". They could do the new songs, a few of their previous solo songs, some covers from "Feedback" and maybe some Rush tunes with Neils ok. Personally, I would prefer they leave Rush songs out, but Debut Album songs and just for fun, Fancy Dancer would be just fine with me. Geddy's voice is understandably not what it used to be, but the boy can rip it on the Bass, so I'd love new instrumentals.

If they are reading this - my suggestion would be alternating emphasis on each of them - like Geddy rips it up on bass with Alex backing and vice versa. Drums can take a backseat and probably should. Just my old fan opinion on the matter. :) :codger:

Why the freaking hell would they need Neil's ok to play Rush tunes without him? They would need his ok to call it Rush, because of his equal partnership in the business aspects (see Styx and Cheap Trick). But the pissy old bastard already held the band hostage once. There's no need to let him do it again.

Didn't meant to imply that they had to. But there may be legal or contractual reasons why, I don't know. They could have their own personal reasons including courtesy. In any case, not a lot is known about their relationship in such matters so I refrain from making judgments where I don't have facts. Personally I would rather not hear Rush songs without Neil, but that, along with my entire original post is just my opinion.

H O L O G R A M P E A R T I S T H E O N L Y S O L U T I O N ! ! ! ! !

I would rather see snort a gram peart!

Give neil some devils dandruff and tell his old ass to get with it.....

Oh well I tried !