The Rush Forum Superstars Part 7

Signals1982

Movie Picture King!

Uber-Geek

Group: Members *
Member No.: 154

Barney and I discussed last week that Slaine should be our next superstar. He is a great asset to TRF. His posts are fun and intelligent. He is the ruler of the Word Association Thread! And his movie picture thread is lots of fun.

We are all saddened to hear of his loss this week and we offer our sympathies. We can't wait to see you back and posting Slaine!

It wouldn't be the same TRF without Slaine. trink39.gif to you man.

Huzzah for Slaine! One of my favorite people here on TRF. applaudit.gif

Slaine, some of my favourite times on this board came when we regularly locked horns in the scramble. It may be inadvertantly resting at the moment, but rest assured, it'll wake up soon.

This is a poignant and emotional time, and if this is some support, then all the better. ANY week would have been the right week for this accolade.

To anyone with any doubts, feast your eyes on this -

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/rolledbones/EuCon%202005/wm_004.jpg

Further comment is unnecessary.............but being a longwinded stand-up philosopher, I'll warble on anyway.

He's one of the kings of the games forum, not forgetting the queens (Hi Rolinda!!)

He revolutionised the Rush Word Scramble.

He knows his music.

Even his spamming is infused with intelligence and wit.

Every post is worth reading, and it's very rarely you finish a post from Slaine without being a little wiser afterwards.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Aug 9 2005, 06:31 PM)
Movie Picture King!

Uber-Geek

Group: Members *
Member No.: 154

Barney and I discussed last week that Slaine should be our next superstar. He is a great asset to TRF. His posts are fun and intelligent. He is the ruler of the Word Association Thread! And his movie picture thread is lots of fun.

We are all saddened to hear of his loss this week and we offer our sympathies. We can't wait to see you back and posting Slaine!

It wouldn't be the same TRF without Slaine. trink39.gif to you man.

applaudit.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Slaine was one of the earliest of members I came across when I first stumbled onto TRF back on Oct. 11th of last year. To me, he's as embedded in this place as the color scheme, buttons, and flashing graphics. It's cool that a guy like me living across the ocean gets to be around this guy. He's just awesome.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Be well, and congrats on this. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 9 2005, 07:06 PM)
Very cool choice for this week yes.gif A nice way of saying we are all here for you Slaine and offer our collective condolences for your loss rose.gif

Indeed!

I enjoy reading all of your posts. You are one of my favorite peeps here! smile.gif

I didn't notice this first time around and I think I'm blushing.

On a more serious note (yes, I can be serious sometimes) I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for their support and well wishes. I may have said it elsewhere but it bears saying again - you guys are the best.

As you may expect, its been a bit of rough year as my Mum had been in hospital since January but one of the main things (besides the love of my wife and children) that has kept me going has been this place. Whenever I've felt a bit down or pissed off, I've made my way here and found something to raise my spirits. The admins here ought to copright and market this place as patent medicine.

Its equally nice to know that you have such a high opinion of me. The accolades of fellow Rush fans can, in my opinion, only be surpassed by accolades from the band themselves and, somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen.

So, thank you everyone. It means more to me than I can say

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Aug 9 2005, 07:47 PM)
Slaine, some of my favourite times on this board came when we regularly locked horns in the scramble. It may be inadvertantly resting at the moment, but rest assured, it'll wake up soon.

This is a poignant and emotional time, and if this is some support, then all the better. ANY week would have been the right week for this accolade.

To anyone with any doubts, feast your eyes on this -

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/rolledbones/EuCon%202005/wm_004.jpg

Further comment is unnecessary.............but being a longwinded stand-up philosopher, I'll warble on anyway.

He's one of the kings of the games forum, not forgetting the queens (Hi Rolinda!!)
He revolutionised the Rush Word Scramble.
He knows his music.
Even his spamming is infused with intelligence and wit.
Every post is worth reading, and it's very rarely you finish a post from Slaine without being a little wiser afterwards.

trink39.gif

I couldnt have said it better myself. Slaine truly deserves this honor, and will continue to deserve it. Rock on my friend!!!

Slaine, you're an EXTREMELY valuable contributor to Vid Vertigo, and I always enjoy your input!

Archived