Wish Them Well

Mr. Not

A very profound song, sure... Great lyrics.

However, a lot of people here take this song out of context, applying the lines to not people who are "always bitter and dissatisfied", to "People who judge without a measure of mercy", but to people they simply disagree with.

How many people have you actually met and gotten to known to the point where you can judge them fit to this song's description? I've met two or three so far, and I think of them when I listen to this song...

Or, I used to. Now I just think about all the self entitled users here who flaunt their superior positions by telling others they wish them well. How arrogant.

http://i.imgur.com/5wWZz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7B3CF.jpg

inb4someonewishesmewell

Edited by Mr. IsNot

I realize this song is not about bullying, but as someone who was relentlessly tormented in school and now with children in the age of being very aware of bullying I see this song as a way to empower one's self. I wish I had, as a teenager, the strength to "turn and walk away" with a smug way of wishing them well.

This is what I love about Neil's writing, it's so creatively and beautifully written it can mean so much to so many for all different reasons.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 9 2012, 09:02 AM)
If someone does my head in, I wish them nothing but a life of raw misery, poverty and bucketload of pubic lice.

Wish them well?

f**k 'em.

goodpost.gif

I would wish them with that "life of raw misery, poverty and bucketload of pubic lice" they going to end up with.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 8 2012, 07:11 PM)
A very profound song, sure... Great lyrics.

However, a lot of people here take this song out of context, applying the lines to not people who are "always bitter and dissatisfied", to "People who judge without a measure of mercy", but to people they simply disagree with.

How many people have you actually met and gotten to known to the point where you can judge them fit to this song's description? I've met two or three so far, and I think of them when I listen to this song...

Or, I used to. Now I just think about all the self entitled users here who flaunt their superior positions by telling others they wish them well. How arrogant.

http://i.imgur.com/5wWZz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7B3CF.jpg

inb4someonewishesmewell

goodpost.gif

Personally I think it's much more civil to turn your back and walk away than to get into a pointless argument with a troll on the Internet. Wishing them well is actually more than some deserve.

NP is politely alerting all the haters from the RRHOF and RS that the band as a whole will be just fine without their approval and to, um, piss off...

That's what I got out of it. We all have our interpretations... cool.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Aug 20 2012, 09:47 PM)
NP is politely alerting all the haters from the RRHOF and RS that the band as a whole will be just fine without their approval and to, um, piss off...

That's what I got out of it. We all have our interpretations... cool.gif

That's one way of putting it...

Bump, because this trend still has yet to die here... I guess all I can do is wish you guys well.

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to annoy some of you to make a point. Fire with fire. smile.gif

Edited by Mr. IsNot

The message of this song is to "Wish those bitter ones well. To turn your back and walk away"

So even if posters do fit for the criteria of this song (and I'm sure we all do sometimes I'm sure... If not on this forum, elsewhere) Rush are not encouraging you to tell these people "Wow I feel sorry for you, I wish you well." like a condescending jerk. They're encouraging you to keep it contained and move along, hoping the person changes their ways.

Edited by Mr. IsNot