Caravan vs Far Cry

savagegrace26

Which do you prefer?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Caravan
    • Far Cry

It's really early for a poll like this - people's opinions on new material often changes dramatically in a day or week or month or year.

That said, after 5 listens to Caravan, I greatly prefer Far Cry. That could change.

I don't think it's too early at all as I clearly remember what my initial reactions to Far Cry when it was first released. Considering this is the next first single, I think a comparison will be interesting.

At least these songs are comparable, unlike the other thread. I extremely liked Far Cry initially and then it settled in to just another good song from RUSH. I extremely like Caravan and I think it might evolve into a great RUSH song for me. I voted for Caravan but my overall head to head opinion may change 6 months from now. It's my prerogative to take a little time to fully assess my subjective opinion.

If I go strictly on my reaction upon hearing each of these for the first time, I thought "Far Cry" was an excellent track, but "Caravan" gave the same feeling I had when I first heard Counterparts: Rush has got their balls back. That carries a lot of weight.

My initial reaction for Far Cry was: good but underwhelming. I like it a little more now than I did when it was first released, but this Caravan song has so many more layers to it and I'm loving it the more I listen to it.

Caravan. Not even close

Or to put it this way, my initial reaction reaction to Far Cry was something like: "This a good solid Rush song but it's not really mindbending, sounds like what a new Rush song should sound like" and my initial reaction to Caravan (after at least a dozen listens already) is: "This is Rush?". I much prefer the latter reaction.

I loved the "Hemispheres" Cock Tease in the beginning of "Far Cry" when it first hit the Rush Web Site, but I will say after many listens of "Caravan" it's a hot track!

It's a better tune by the "Hair Of The Dog."

Signed,

Nazareth

wink.gif

laugh.gif I just tipped the scales - CARAVAN for me on the first few listens. Don't forget , these are really early days and my reaction when I first heard FAR CRY was of pure joy but then the album came out and I think there are many finer tunes on the album than FAR CRY. I even think that FAR CRY on the DVD sounds very ordinary compared to something say like THE WAY THE WIND BLOWS or THE LARGER BOWL. I like S and A but am not a huge fan of it but I am just saying that when we first hear a teaser or one complete song we think it is awesome until we hear the complete album when our tastes may change. I for one think that the album is going to be amazing and it will make caravan sound weaker in months or years to come. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

caravan by a wide margin.

Both suffer from shoehorned lyrice, though Caravan is more glaring, though just in one part.

However, Caravan is way more adventurous musically,, and deserves it for the awesome breakdown alone.

Archived