The most ridiculous overpriced Rush memorabilia, just appeared on Amazon

Disembodied Spirit

For Amazon Prime day on July 12 they have thousands of new listings including THIS.

I have no words..but I'm sure someone will buy it for $5500

Link: https://www.amazon.c...8201106&sr=1-14

Summary: SUPER RARE! 1981 MOVING PICTURES autograph LP cover by ALL THREE MEMBERS: Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and NEIL PEART (who doesn't do meet and greets anymore)35" x 40" Professionally musuem quality framed in shadowbox frame with cutom matting! Display includes: signed LP cover (with full letters of authenticity from PSA/DNA and Roger Epperson REALS), 10" hand made Alex Lifeson white guitar, 10" hand made Geddy Lee black bass, Original Neil Peart signature touring drumstick (not sure what tour), red Alex Lifeson signature tour guitar pick, 1981 8x10 promo photo of Rush, original vintage/unused concert ticket from Moving Pictures tour on April 15th, 1981, satin tour pass from Moving Pictures tour on March 2, 1981, 1981 Moving Pictures original laminate WORLD TOUR PASS, satin "I WAS THERE" Moving Pictures backstage pass from May 24, 1981, Moving Pictures laminate from May 7, 1981.This is a very rare and one of a kind piece. If you are a RUSH fan than you know how rare this is and how hard it is to get Neil Peart to sign anything. I hate to sell this one! My favorite RUSH piece!!All album covers, sleeves, records, have some wear due to age. I am not a record or record sleeve grader. Comes with FULL Letter of Authenticity from: PSA/DNA and Roger Epperson (REALS)YOU ARE ONLY BIDDING ON THE RUSH MOVING PICTURES LP ITEM. THIS HAS BEEN FULLY AUTHENTICATED THROUGH PSA DNA WITH MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS COA (Letter of Authenticity/Certificate of Authenticity). LOOK UP PSA DNA # W01721: CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY FROM PSA DNA WILL BE INCLUDED. PSA has also permanently marked the item with an invisible DNA daub that will fluoresce under a patented laser lamp. 100%25 guaranteed authentic!!

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

For that much $$ I can buy a 1999 Chevy Impala and drive to Le Studio and camp for 3 months
  • Like 4

So a signed MP and a bunch of mumbo jumbo? No thanks. I guess I should hold on to my Andrew prints of each members signed and numbered. I've never even taken them out of the tube they were shipped in.
  • Like 1

The red outlines on the matting of the objects is not good looking, IMO. And if I buy one of those model Alex guitars off of the site that sells them and frame it with my signed AFTK cover can I sell it for $ 5500 ?? ( I would never, the memories of mailing it away last summer and the day I got it back and seeing it are priceless to me :) )
  • Like 2

So a signed MP and a bunch of mumbo jumbo? No thanks. I guess I should hold on to my Andrew prints of each members signed and numbered. I've never even taken them out of the tube they were shipped in.

I'm not being critical, I'm just curious. I'm always kind of interested in what people do with their Rush stuff. Like some people wear their Rush t shirts and others keep them hanging in the closet as a collection. Did you not have time to get them framed and hung up, etc.; or did you buy them always intending to hold them for the future? That is cool to keep them nice; in our house the tube would probably accidentally get thrown away! :D

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Apparently the authentication letters don't mean anything either; the first place (PSA/DNA) is well known to have a track record of certifying forgeries- http://www.laweekly....try-4535659 and the other Roger Epperson place has lawsuits against them for the same thing. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

So you're really enjoying looking at them, huh? :facepalm:

Edited by Fordgalaxy

Yeah I don't get that either.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get that either.

I will get them framed one day....

• Like 1