Songs That Make You Tear Up

Bigbobby10

Cant really think of anything. I will say I went to see The Neal Morse Band last Friday, and that performance of "The Similitude of a Dream" was so powerful I was feeling emotional in many parts of the show.

Lots of stuff...

but it changes all the time, depending on my mood, or how long it has been since I have heard something.

Music brings back powerful memories and stirs the emotions like nothing else.

Doesn't it? The only other thing I can think of at the moment that can flood the mind with memories long forgotten is a scent.

The other day I heard a song and remembered some things i had long, long since forgotten.

We are uniquely put together creatures. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Lots of stuff...

but it changes all the time, depending on my mood, or how long it has been since I have heard something.

Music brings back powerful memories and stirs the emotions like nothing else.

Doesn't it? The only other thing I can think of at the moment that can flood the mind with memories long forgotten is a scent.

The other day I heard a song and remembered some things i had long, long since forgotten.

We are uniquely put together creatures. :)

Word.

Few months ago I was on my way to a gig, and as I was pulling up to unload my equipment, Yes' "Turn of the Century" came on. I was moved so much that by the time I was getting out of my car I was still cryin'. That song had been really important to me and my ex-wife, so I think I'd been unconsciously avoiding it, but that day I just let it wash over me. My friend was there when I pulled up and gave me a big hug.

• Like 1

Not sure. There might be some that come close but not many make me teary. One exception though is afterglow by Genesis. It even got to me when I saw it performed live. Not much by Yes(although and you and I might come close) and for Rush maybe wish them well.
  • Like 1

Not sure. There might be some that come close but not many make me teary. One exception though is afterglow by Genesis. It even got to me when I saw it performed live. Not much by Yes(although and you and I might come close) and for Rush maybe wish them well.

I'm glad you mentioned "And You and I".

I always tear up when he sings:

"...and you and i we always jump at reasons to

calllllllllll hoooooooooooome"

Don't know if I ever mentioned Dreamline in this thread, but the CA tour version of the song never fails to get me. It's those violins.

Not really that many by Rush out of sadness but The Pass or The Garden can perhaps go that way. They're such beautiful songs as well. There are probably others.

• Like 1

Paul McCartney and Wings "Treat Her Gently / Lonely Old People"

Treat Her Gently

Treat Her Kindhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqjf4eHp_Zs

She Doesn't Even Know Her Own Mind

Treat Her Simply

Take It Slow

Make It Easy

And Let Her Know

You'll Never Find Another Way

Here We Sit

Two Lonely Old People

Eaking Our Lives Away

Bit By Bit

Two Lonely Old People

Keeping The Time Of Day

Here We Sit

Out Of Breath

And Nobody Asked Us To Play

Old People's Home For The Play

Nobody Asked Us To Play

Treat Her Gently

Treat Her Kind

She Doesn't Even Know Her Own Mind

Treat Her Simply

Make It Slow

Take It Easy

And Let Her Know

You'll Never Find Another Way

Here We Sit

Two Lonely Old People Etc. Etc . . . . .

. . . . . . . Nobody Asked Us To Play.

• Like 1

U2 - Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name, One Tree Hill

Those are the three songs that get me *nearly* each time I hear them. Mostly because I think of the person who introduced me to U2. My aunt introduced me to a lot of bands actually, but these three songs really make me think of her more than anything else. Seeing U2 this past weekend in Indianapolis was very emotional for me. I never got to see a concert with her, but she was very much there.

• Like 1

I used to run laps around the football field on campus while I listened to this song.

I must've listened to it over 100 times, but I never got tired of hearing it.

• Like 1