Favorite Genre Of Music?

25 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Music Genre

• Rock/Hard Rock/Soft Rock/Pop Rock
    • Any Kind Of Metal(Ex: Heavy,Power,Thrash)
    • Alternative/Grunge
    • Punk/Punk Rock
    • New Wave/Indie
    • Classical
    • Glam Rock/Metal/Hair Rock/Metal
    • Pop/Dance/Electronic/Techno/Trance,Etc
    • R&B/Soul/Funk
    • Hip Hop/Rap/Rap Rock
    • Prog Rock/Metal
    • All Of Them/Can't Decide/Don't Care

yea i guess you can call me in that boat as well. Genre really doesn't matter to me.

Used to be i didn't listen to rap. but that was down to years and years and years of public brainwashing telling me rap is worthless. i listened it really isn't IMO.

Always stay open to everything people. never ever become set.

Lesson over, lol

Mick

I have abuddy who's a really smart guy...well-read and well-travelled. Yet he says he hates jazz. Like all jazz. It really confounds me.

That does surprise me...

My dad's a bit like that but he likes the smooth stuff, the sort you get in fancy restaurants.

I used to really dislike country. But that's all in the past.

I can't think of a single style of music I do not like on some level...

Garth Brooks showed you the light? :LOL: For pretty much any genre, there's someone that gets it right for me.
  • Like 2

yea i guess you can call me in that boat as well. Genre really doesn't matter to me.

Used to be i didn't listen to rap. but that was down to years and years and years of public brainwashing telling me rap is worthless. i listened it really isn't IMO.

Lesson over, lol

Mick

I have abuddy who's a really smart guy...well-read and well-travelled. Yet he says he hates jazz. Like all jazz. It really confounds me.

That does surprise me...

My dad's a bit like that but he likes the smooth stuff, the sort you get in fancy restaurants.

Garth Brooks showed you the light? :LOL: For pretty much any genre, there's someone that gets it right for me.

Don't hate me...

It started with...

Taylor Swift.

And then Lady Antebellum.

And now I'm treading into deeper waters (I seem to be going back in time year by year haha...I'm looking forward to trying real good old country!).

By the way I really love a country artist named Brett Detar. His second album Too Free To Live is one of my favourite albums of recent years. Hard to find but it's really good stuff!

Lesson over, lol

Mick

That does surprise me...

Don't hate me...

It started with...

Taylor Swift.

And then Lady Antebellum.

And now I'm treading into deeper waters (I seem to be going back in time year by year haha...I'm looking forward to trying real good old country!).

By the way I really love a country artist named Brett Detar. His second album Too Free To Live is one of my favourite albums of recent years. Hard to find but it's really good stuff!

T-Swift is a good songwriter. Plenty of catchy tunes in her catalog. I feel the same about Katy Perry.

Little Big Town is a new-country band that I like. I saw them live and they were great.

I believe it was the late, great Bob Guccione who once said that 90% of anything and everything is pure ****, and the remaining 10% is usually worthwhile ..

I feel that way with music - if it is sincere, I'll like it

• Like 2

I'm based it classic rock and therefor rock in general is my greatest comfort zone, but prog and alternative has always proven very rewarding styles to look more closely into so they are up there as well. Frankly though I can listen to most things and enjoy them. What I really don't like it overtly commercialized or dehumanized music, or just things that don't make any sense to me.
  • Like 2

My most listened to genres:

Emo

Gothic metal

Symphonic metal

Classic rock

RnB (modern, I don't care I love it)

Sometimes I listen to just metal for weeks but I don't as often as I used too.

Prog tends to just be Yes.

• Like 2

Emo

Gothic metal

Symphonic metal

Classic rock

What genre would you put Bon Jovi's latest single in, The Power to Turn Back Time?

• Like 2

Lesson over, lol

Mick

That does surprise me...

Try old Japanese enka. That's hard to like.

• Like 1

I just noticed that "metal" is in 3 different categories.

And it's listed twice as "metal" in the same category..."Glam rock/Metal/Hair rock/Metal"

A: What's the difference between "metal" and "metal"?

B: Well, personally, I think "metal" isn't as metal as "metal". It's much much more metal.

:LOL:

• Like 3

Emo

Gothic metal

Symphonic metal

Classic rock

What genre would you put Bon Jovi's latest single in, The Power to Turn Back Time?

Whatever you want it to be.

• Like 2

Emo

Gothic metal

Symphonic metal

Classic rock

Bon Jovi's in the heavy metal section in stores out here. Personally, I wouldn't put them there but people have different ears. A little surprising to me but, in the end, it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

Emo

Gothic metal

Symphonic metal

Classic rock

Bon Jovi's in the heavy metal section in stores out here. Personally, I wouldn't put them there but people have different ears. A little surprising to me but, in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Pop rock to me.

Lesson over, lol

Mick

Five years ago I never could have foreseen my leaving hardcore, punk, goth, extreme metal (and yes, pop metal) for AOR, prog or pop rock bands like Bon Jovi or Toto.

So glad I expanded my horizons! I have the most eclectic music taste of anyone I know in my circle and I just love it.

It's why I can't help but yell at the elitist boring snobs on this forum who scoff. I'd like them to try and enjoy bands like Decapitated or early Carcass like I can after a binge of eighties cheese. Idiots always calling me out...total idiots.

You can see I put a wasp nest in my underpants.

Many years ago when I was neck-deep into the goth/industrial scene I used to scoff at people who listened to "lesser" forms of music. After all, why would someone listen to [insert most other form of music here] when *I* know what is best?! Um, yeah. Then I grew up, got much less angry, and now people can listen to whatever they want and I don't care. I may not like it, but so what? Who cares? I'm also listening to a lot of different music now than I did back then.

Lesson over, lol

Mick

Five years ago I never could have foreseen my leaving hardcore, punk, goth, extreme metal (and yes, pop metal) for AOR, prog or pop rock bands like Bon Jovi or Toto.

So glad I expanded my horizons! I have the most eclectic music taste of anyone I know in my circle and I just love it.

It's why I can't help but yell at the elitist boring snobs on this forum who scoff. I'd like them to try and enjoy bands like Decapitated or early Carcass like I can after a binge of eighties cheese. Idiots always calling me out...total idiots.

You can see I put a wasp nest in my underpants.

Many years ago when I was neck-deep into the goth/industrial scene I used to scoff at people who listened to "lesser" forms of music. After all, why would someone listen to [insert most other form of music here] when *I* know what is best?! Um, yeah. Then I grew up, got much less angry, and now people can listen to whatever they want and I don't care. I may not like it, but so what? Who cares? I'm also listening to a lot of different music now than I did back then.

Yes! I used to scoff at pretty much half way I listen to now.

Believe it or not...I used to be embarrassed to even admit I listened to HIM or Nightwish.

Pathetic really. But that all stopped around the time I turned 20.

• Like 1